PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle 3200 not going past 236FSB

[XC] ruane
09-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Hi, I have an Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle and when overclocking, it will not go past 236FSB no matter how high I push the VCore, how big the divider is, how low the HT Bus is, its on a Asus K8V-SE Deluxe.

I know that these processors arent the best for OC, although i would have expected them to go higher than that. I have hit 236FSB (which is helluva unstable no matter what voltage is running through it) with 1.625v which isnt really much for a Newcastle, its under a Coolermaster Hyper 6 with a Delta (will post model later) on the back, at the moment its at 225FSB with 1.575v for stability, its been on WCG for 4 days solid now, and hasnt crashed once. The full load temperature is only 39*C and its solid like that, the hottest its hit yet with the fan at 100% is 43*C which is really, nothing.

Im sure I can hit higher than this, although is there any specific poblem known with my board, i will give it a BIOS update tonight again, although i doubt any difference will be made, as i did it about 3 weeks ago. I have tried everything with this darn processor, the only thing left I think it may be is the PCI/AGP Busses which I cannot lock up :(. Any advice on this is a huge help!

Thanks in advance

Ruan:)

shuRe
09-20-2006, 12:02 AM
i had an asus board to start off with and it was pretty terrible for overclocking.

Then i move to the DFI UT board and instantly gained about 300mhz.

You might want to try dropping to the 10 multi, but if its the htt that has the same limit on all multi's then you might want to think about getting a cheap second hand DFI board from ebay or here. Thats pressuming that you have put a divider on your ram and your ram isnt the problem here.

I had the 3200 newcastle under a hyper 6 on stock fan and got 10x260 on 1.6vcore easily stable, but another 50mhz after that it was totally unstable, like there is a wall for the overclock you can have.

[XC] ruane
09-20-2006, 05:34 AM
Yeh, I think I may switch to a DFI nF3 or a MSI K8N, theyre were renound for their OCability. Just need to find one now! :s. Im unsure although if its my chip! I dont want to waste my money, so I may save, decisions need to be made.... Persuade me either way!

Ruan