PDA

View Full Version : i think we are ready

[XC] hipno650
09-19-2006, 07:23 PM
i think we are ready to go for the one million wcg points day!!!!!! we have been hiting in the 800k's for a while now and i think we can pull together 150k in less than 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! so how about the 30th of spetember or some time that weekend? we can do it!!!!!!!!!

also whose is the team captian or captians? if they were picked i missed it:hitself: i am still for levi and haltech!!!!!!

the quicker we organize this the more time we have to recruit and prepare so i say lets do this!!!!!!

Movieman
09-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Set up a poll in the main WCG section,add all the candidates, let it run at least a week and go from there..

[XC] hipno650
09-19-2006, 07:39 PM
never done a poll before.....:hitself: :hitself: :hitself: but sure i can give it a try and this would be the officail captains!!!!!!!! not pre poll!!!!! also should i set up another poll about the one mill day or sould i wait for the captian to be chossen.

these are the people that come to my head:

-haltech and levi
-itznfb

if you have any other sugestions i am willing to add them and if you do not want to be on the list then tell me. i or anyone else should wait untill tomorrow until the offical poll is cast that way people will have time to sugest other or decline the offer.

awaiting sugestions:toast:

Firechicken
09-19-2006, 07:46 PM
This is what I ran as a carry over from RSmura's first and original wcg team captian poll, picked it up two times and asked a few questions in each, seems that I had ended up with Levi and Haltech as the favored guys for the job, So if I may I might suggest you mention that in your new poll, as some of the leg work has been done, and now that the team has grown alot since then we may see some new results, but I would think levi and Haltech would be just the perfect combo of salt and pepper for the job:D

Michael.

Good luck with the poll :toast:

Movieman
09-19-2006, 07:47 PM
never done a poll before.....:hitself: :hitself: :hitself: but sure i can give it a try and this would be the officail captains!!!!!!!! not pre poll!!!!! also should i set up another poll about the one mill day or sould i wait for the captian to be chossen.

these are the people that come to my head:

-haltech and levi
-mike047
-itznfb
-Movieman:p:

if you have any other sugestions i am willing to add them and if you do not want to be on the list then tell me. i or anyone else should wait untill tomorrow until the offical poll is cast that way people will have time to sugest other or decline the offer.

awaiting sugestions:toast:
I'd do the first captains poll..minus my name..
lets say that I've had enough "captaining" for one year..;)
I'll go back to being myself..your basic cheerleader.:D
Then let your elected captain set up the million point day..

Firechicken
09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I do belive Mike047 has declined, but you may want to check it out again.

Cheers.

MD.

[XC] hipno650
09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
i just pmed mike and am awaiting a response. what about you firechicken? would you like to be the captian or co-captian? and yes i will note that haltech and levi were most popular last time.

metro.cl
09-19-2006, 08:55 PM
i'm still waiting for my c2d rig to really crunch

DAK1640
09-20-2006, 02:34 AM
I wished my son would quit shutting off WCG while gamming...As far as Captain's, any of the names shown would be good. I hope to get my production back to 4,000 / day or better...:toast:

itznfb
09-20-2006, 04:28 AM
i thought we already chose levi and haltech as team captains? =\

also i don't know if we should really shoot for a 1mil point day considering 1mil points/day isn't even half of what we need for our goal. i mean i'm hoping in 5-6 months we are able to shoot for a 4-5mil point day.
i just don't know what a 1mil point day is going to accomplish. we will hit 1mil points for a day, and then go back down to 800K. i think we need solid growth to about 3mil consistent points a day before we start shooting out ads about a big points day.

or am i just being stoopud?

[XC] leviathan18
09-20-2006, 05:24 AM
i thought we already chose levi and haltech as team captains? =\

also i don't know if we should really shoot for a 1mil point day considering 1mil points/day isn't even half of what we need for our goal. i mean i'm hoping in 5-6 months we are able to shoot for a 4-5mil point day.
i just don't know what a 1mil point day is going to accomplish. we will hit 1mil points for a day, and then go back down to 800K. i think we need solid growth to about 3mil consistent points a day before we start shooting out ads about a big points day.

or am i just being stoopud?

exactly im with you we dont need a 1 day boost it wont do anything for us we need constant growth until we pass easynews production what we need is to really start thinking in a serious recruiting we need a lot more people to match easynews production

Jose
09-20-2006, 06:45 AM
I wished my son would quit shutting off WCG while gamming...As far as Captain's, any of the names shown would be good. I hope to get my production back to 4,000 / day or better...:toast:

Hey Dak:

delete your kids games , hide the cd or send him to a military academy/boot camp :)

Or if that fails ask Rig to use the tea bag method of discipline :rofl:

Martijn
09-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey Dak:

delete your kids games , hide the cd or send him to a military academy/boot camp :)

Torture them until they apologise :D

[XC] riptide
09-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Rig? RIP. And not with minors.:slapass: However theres nothing wrong with threatening with a few shots across the bow.

rob725
09-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I agree with itz and levi.

As for captain vote, just make the poll yay or nay to levi/haltech. If it's nay, then open it back up with a broader poll.

[XC] hipno650
09-20-2006, 03:04 PM
poll done.

i totally understand what you guys are thinking about the 1mill day and i do agree that we need to increase for more than one day.

however i think it is a great recruitment tool!!!! if some people come out just for the day because they are unsure about the thing and just want to help for the day they might realize what a great group of guys (and gals) we are or what the project does and decide to stay with us. also some of the other project chrunchers might consided running WCG for the day and part time for then on.

it also shows the strenght of xs!!!!!!!

and the best part is that we do more science!!!!!!!!:)

am i just totally messed or something? you guys tell me and i under stand if you guys don't think it's worth it or a stupid idea but i think we could bring some more people to the team!!!!!! and what does it cost us besides some more of our time? is that not time well spent trying to get the most science done to fight cancer and aids?

thx:toast:

itznfb
09-20-2006, 03:10 PM
i think big pulls like that should be reserved for special occassions. like when we're 1 mil from passing easynews and we need a 4.5-5mil day. the rosetta 1mil wasn't that long ago. i think its just bad timing and unnecessary.

[XC] leviathan18
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
we need to make a call to everyone leting them know that wcg is our next big effort and that we need a lot and i mean A LOT of help to be numero 1 in this project.

this isnt a 100m race more like a 5000km marathon i see people with good machines that arent producing for our team thats the kind of people we need here

heater918
09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
we need to make a call to everyone leting them know that wcg is our next big effort and that we need a lot and i mean A LOT of help to be numero 1 in this project.

I agree this is our teams strong point, we all join togeather on 1 project to capture the #1 spot. It's been demonstrated that we can achieve any goal we set out for, as long as we are united. Team XS :toast:

Movieman
09-20-2006, 06:18 PM
I agree this is our teams strong point, we all join togeather on 1 project to capture the #1 spot. It's been demonstrated that we can achieve any goal we set out for, as long as we are united. Team XS :toast:
Hi Heater! Missed you around here pal! Give MikeE a call and pry him away from the telescope!:D

[XC] hipno650
09-20-2006, 06:23 PM
i understand were you are coming from guys but i still feel that it is a good warm up for us. and something that will help bring those people that have the big rigs to us. mabye we should set a goal for the end of the year like 125million or something? i don't know im not the captian or co-captian but we sould find some competitive ways to get other involed in this wonderful project and team we are participating in like a year goal or the big week or day

[XC] leviathan18
09-20-2006, 06:55 PM
lets do this the week of recruiting people, bring 2 guys over here and you can teabag haltech bring 4 and you can teabag movieman we need 24/7 crunchers we need 300 or 400 dedicated crunchers with nice machines to get easynews

[XC] hipno650
09-20-2006, 07:49 PM
sounds good capitiano:D i will see what i can do! (goes to the intel section:D )

sry about the newb question but what teabaging?:confused: :hitself: :hitself: :hitself: :am: :D

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-21-2006, 12:24 AM
sry about the newb question but what teabaging?:confused: :hitself: :hitself: :hitself: :am: :D

Wiki / Google it, though you really don't want to know.:nono:

Martijn
09-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Wiki / Google it, though you really don't want to know.:nono:
linky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging)

:D

meshmesh
09-21-2006, 12:38 AM
linky (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teabagging)

:D
G*d. No wonder Vapor isn't happy about it.

Firechicken
09-21-2006, 07:47 AM
we could always go with windmilling for a while, you know the old turkey slap:D :eek:

that'l be the day I use my junk in that manner:D

[XC] hipno650
09-21-2006, 08:12 AM
oh :eek: well um ya. now i see why the mods are not to happy with it:nono: :slap: