PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 85.96_mod Sli

Sedako
09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I finished building my new PC a few days ago, and the only problem I'm having is with the 85.96_mod drivers. Sometimes after restarting, my system no longer utilizes my 2nd 7900GT, but it still reads as installed and the "Enable SLI" box in the control panel is still checked. The only way i've been able to fix this is to completely re-install the drivers, but it's only a temporary fix. I'm using an Asus flex bridge. See my sig for computer specs.

I also get this odd glitch when loading up some games. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. Here's how it looks on my CRT:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f18/Sedako/0917062241.jpg

Mykou
09-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi

Got the same issues with those drivers humm don't know how to fix it and also issues with futuremark benchmarks

Tried 84.66 but seems worse !

:confused:

See what Big_sam replied to my last thread

Intel-SLi works on original FW 66.72-66.93.
Also there is a modified driver from Albatron: ftp://ftp.albatron.com.tw/product/it/mb/driver/dual_graphics/71.84g.zip
I published modified FW 81.85, 84.43 and 84.66. And I do not know about existence of other drivers.
I'm gonna give a look on these drivers from Albatron

Allready tried 84.66 but very buggy IMO

I'll tell you what's on when I have time to run them ( actually at the office and my girlfriend 's ill so not today )

I have kind of same glitch when running "Call of Juarez" did you notice that too with that game ?

I noticed too when I run separately the third graphic ( grand canyon) bench in 3dmark05 my score is twice higher than when I run the whole bench ! like my second 7900 GT stops responding during that moment ...:slapass: ( I had it too with 3dmark 06 )

Regards

Sedako
09-20-2006, 12:27 PM
well, the screen distortion error only occurs with some games, and not all. It's not as big an issue for me as my disappearing SLI. I don't understand why most people run the drivers fine, but this is very annoying.

Mykou
09-22-2006, 01:29 AM
well, the screen distortion error only occurs with some games, and not all. It's not as big an issue for me as my disappearing SLI. I don't understand why most people run the drivers fine, but this is very annoying.
yeah

what I do is enable again sli with nvidia panel and it works again

but seems clueless ... :( since this mobo is crossfire native at first :p: