PDA

View Full Version : RMA fees WTF

cirthix
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
I tried to rma my sapphire video card, and they sent me an email saying to deal with a third party (athlonmicro) for the rma. that alone is pretty strange, but looking around onine, it seems that they have a deal with athlonmicro to handle all us and canada support.

So I emailed athlonmicro and they want $$ to rma the card. WTF. i'm fine iwth paying shipping to them (equivalent to driving to a store to return something), but to charge me moeny for return shipping? that's outrageous. and not only that, they screwd up the amount. onteh email, they simply state:
There will be a US$15 dollar processing fee (Which takes care of the repacking and insurance of your return product) for this RMA service, so please include a US$15 money order (if Canadian customer (US$30) Yukon Northwest Territory, Brazil and Argentina customers will be (US$50) must provide money order or cashier’s check) or personal check so we can process the RMA request for you.

Notice that there is nothing specific written about AK or HI. Inside the RMA form from them, it states:

Recieving Memo:

$15.00 FOR 49 STATES

$35.00 FOR HI, AK

$30.00 OR $50.00 FOR CANADA.(MONEY ORDER ONLY)

Not only do they give different prices, but they don't eve have the locations straight. Assuming that they are using "49 states" and "HI, AK" exclusively, we have 51 states. Obviously they are wrong. And by "49 states", what do they mean?

I paid for a warranty already dammit, not to have my support outsourced to some company that is just trying to take my money. Fvck sapphire, I'll go with other companies next time.

G H Z
09-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah and guys still claim Sapphire makes all ATI cards ;)

ozzimark
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM
I paid for a warranty already dammit, not to have my support outsourced to some company that is just trying to take my money. Fvck sapphire, I'll go with other companies next time.
that's what i said when i got a DOA x800gto one time. it got returned to newegg for a refund and i bought a 7600gt instead :p:

RyderOCZ
09-19-2006, 02:09 PM
EVGA charged me return shipping / packing for RMA'ing my 7800GT.

Cost me 8 something to ship to them and they charged me I think 11 or 15 bucks to cover return shipping.

cirthix
09-19-2006, 02:47 PM
EVGA charged me return shipping / packing for RMA'ing my 7800GT.

Cost me 8 something to ship to them and they charged me I think 11 or 15 bucks to cover return shipping.

evga paid shipping for both ways ("advanced rma") when i returned a card to them.

Zardokk
09-19-2006, 02:55 PM
Yeah same here. eVGA paid my shipping both ways. Cross-ship RMA.

Shift
09-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I think they are including Puerto Rico as a state....

RyderOCZ
09-19-2006, 03:50 PM
evga paid shipping for both ways ("advanced rma") when i returned a card to them.

Yeah same here. eVGA paid my shipping both ways. Cross-ship RMA.Hmmmpph, now that doesn't set right with me at all :eek: :mad: :mad:

Sounds like I got the shaft.

HiJon89
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Hmmmpph, now that doesn't set right with me at all :eek: :mad: :mad:

You got F'ed in the A for sure :(

cirthix
09-19-2006, 04:13 PM

yeah, evga service is awesome, i can't see them charging for return shipping.

You got F'ed in the A for sure :(

he got served. IT'S ON! :banana: :D :p:

Movieman
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM

Sounds like it's time for you to get some info from these guys here ,dates,etc then go to EVGA and ask why you were charged and these guys weren't!

trance565
09-19-2006, 04:18 PM
call up the BBB

Zardokk
09-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Lol. I specifically selected cross-ship RMA. Basically that means I give them my credit card info, they ship me a new card free of charge (with a return label included, no less), and if I don't send the old card back within 30 days, the charge my card. If I do send it back...no worries. So of course I sent it back...

Vapor
09-20-2006, 12:58 AM
I called ASUS yesterday to RMA three P5W DHs (well, I was gonna start with one)....was willing to pay 2-day cross-shipping charges and everything, maybe even some extra for these fees after reading this (yeah....I'm the kind of guy who really expects the worst, but always hopes for the best....makes OCing more enjoyable I must say). Well, I got worse than the worst....they don't even have any boards to RMA to me! :mad:

Zardokk
09-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Lollerskates. Roflwaffles.

fhpchris
09-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Wow, every one of my 8-9 mushkin RMAs mushkin payed for return shipping.

On the last four RMAs @ mushkin, they payed for shipping OVERNIGHT FEDEX to them...

Why I need to RMA two pair of Dimms 9 times is anyones guess...