PDA

View Full Version : [Wii] Did you preorder the console?

L&MFatty
09-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Why? Why not?

FLMJIGGY
09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
ur sig pic, is that a real kid?!?!?!

[XC] Teroedni
09-19-2006, 11:28 AM
After seen a video with Wii i seriously want one.

But i will wait and see if there is any problems first. The controllers thingy looks sweet , but it remain to see if it will work properly. So if Wii still looks good after 2 months out in the open Market i think i will buy one:D

L&MFatty
09-19-2006, 11:32 AM
ur sig pic, is that a real kid?!?!?!
Please don't laugh with me , i just love to eat in a xtreme way ....

Shift
09-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Alot of ppl got turned off when the Wii was priced $250.

I personally never reserve anything, especially consoles. 2-3 yrs I'll get a Wii about $70 less.

punisher69
09-20-2006, 02:15 AM
still waiting for more reviews on the console b4 i buy it.

vitaminc
09-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Still thinking about it. Haven't have time to go to local gamestops or ebgames though.

[XC] MarioMaster
09-20-2006, 02:35 PM
I went to EBgames and they're unsure wether or not they will be able to preorder the consoles, I did however preorder Red Steel and Twilight Princess and he said anyone who had preordered games would get a phone call if they start taking preorders for the system itself.

specv
09-20-2006, 04:37 PM
fye is doing preorders on system

[XC] MarioMaster
09-20-2006, 05:31 PM
thanks, i will have to see if i can go tomorrow :)

flavoraid
10-18-2006, 10:17 AM
I preordered

I think its going to do the best over 360 and ps3 and its affordable

osiris999
10-22-2006, 02:12 PM
ill buy on after they come out

[XC] MarioMaster
10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
you were lucky to get a preorder, ebgames sold out of preorders within the first hour of opening, they said they had like 20 people camping outside the store when they opened

dqniel
11-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Our store sold out of preorders within 8 minutes of opening. Those of you who think it will be "widely" available before launch are going to be in for a rude awakening :(. I hope those of you with kids that would whine when they don't get one for Christmas preordered. The only way you're going to get one at this point is camping out in front of Wal-mart, BestBuy, Cost-co, etc. The Nintendo reps told us availability is going to be way shorter than originally intended before the holidays.

514y3r
11-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Our store sold out of preorders within 8 minutes of opening. Those of you who think it will be "widely" available before launch are going to be in for a rude awakening :(. I hope those of you with kids that would whine when they don't get one for Christmas preordered. The only way you're going to get one at this point is camping out in front of Wal-mart, BestBuy, Cost-co, etc. The Nintendo reps told us availability is going to be way shorter than originally intended before the holidays.

Thats not good after reading this...

confident Nintendo has reaffirmed its commitment to the launch of the Wii, reiterating its promise of four million units for retail before the end of the year, as it expects unprecedented demand from consumers.

Bolstered by pre-orders and retailer feedback, the company aims to pull out all the stops to supply demand in a retail environment it expects to dominate this side of Christmas.

"Wii is for both experienced and uninitiated gamers, and it will be available for the masses," said Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime.

"Because of demand, we're urging shoppers not to get complacent. The level of demand we're seeing goes beyond the ordinary."

"Retailers are telling us a significant fraction of customers pre-ordering Wii are non-traditional gamers - people looking for a better way to play. And that's exactly what Wii is designed to provide," he added.

Clearly confident of its manufacturing capabilities and supply chain, the format-holder has promised to fill retail shelves with product with a launch strategy that can be deemed more efficient that its competitors.

Last year Microsoft struggled to supply retailers with enough units of the Xbox 360 leading to a shortage of hardware well into the new year.

And Sony's launch of the PlayStation 3 later this month has been hampered by poor manufacturing capabilities, with shipment targets missed and a delay to the release of the console in Europe.

Wii is due to launch on November 19th in the US, December 2nd in Japan and across Europe on

Although if they're is shortages, im optomistic that nintendo will meet supply and demand quicker than when XB360 came.

perkam
11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
If I had $250...it'd be going towards software.
If I had $500...it'd be going towards hardware.
If I had a $1000, X360 here i come.

Wii is beginning to annoy me with little or not gfx upgrade.

Perkam

yaddam205
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Waited 7 hours at gamestop and was 5th in line! Rubbish lol oh well least ill have it. Also I was 5th of 45 who lined up for 14 consoles.

and for those who think it will be widely available don't be so complacent Its a new freaking system everyone knows that there are millions of gamers in the US that want one Day 1 and most are willing to line up for it.

*update*

Just as an FYI MicroCenter will be getting 125 consoles for the chain at launch. Doors open at 11am on sunday.