PDA

View Full Version : Collegiate Mafia join our XS SOB Team

[XC] riptide
09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
The name sounds like a bunch of spotty nerdy trenchcoat wearing little college kids.... :rofl: but in times passed before I first checked into chez XS, I heard these people done great things. Welcome!

PS ehh who's in it! :confused:

bullet2urbrain
09-18-2006, 06:15 AM
Just me :D

for now ;)

ex2cib
09-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Brief History on CollegiateMafia

back in the days of d2ol, myself, b2b, and vapor (mainly myself and b2b for this round) were constantly trying to beat each other and get the biggest "slice of page 2 pie. well, we did such a good job on page 2, that we would soon be at page 1, meaning, more than likely, no more pie.

so after a few days of crunching on page 1, we got together and decided to form a new subteam. trying to think of a name, we eventually figured out that each of us was in college. Thus "collegiatemafia" was born.

soon after on the same day, we realized that we needed much more firepower to be at the top, so we sent out PM's to dragonorta, absolute_0, trakslacker, and magnj.

The four above along with myself, b2b, and vapor formed the original 7 of the collegiatemafia. shortly thereafter, because our team had so much success, "mad" mikee decided XS needed a balancing force to the mafia, so he created the team, XS the Collective. in good, spirited competition with each other, we pushed our production further and further. membership increased for each team (although more for XSTC ;))
The mafia crunched strong until the completion of d2ol, where we then moved on to rosetta. the collective and the mafia (those that continued crunching anyways) then joined together to form the group you know as XS the Machine. but now that rosetta is over with, we wanted to return to our roots, and bring back the mafia again.

as of right now, its b2b on SoB, and me and dragonorta on wcg, i need to quit being lazy and send out some PM's...

that being said, if you are a college student, and you crunch, and you want to be in the mafia, drop someone a PM (b2b, me , or DO right now)

Movieman
09-18-2006, 10:27 AM
You got a good guy in bullet2urbrain..;)

WesM63
09-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Uh oh.. does that mean we have to revive XSTC? Can't let these college guys have all the fun ;)

bullet2urbrain
09-18-2006, 11:25 AM
You got a good guy in bullet2urbrain..;)

Thanks Dave I would say the same for you on any given day :D

Wes.... Bring it :D

WesM63
09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Wes.... Bring it :D

OH NOES!! *starts planning and scheming*

[XC] DragonOrta
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Uh oh.. does that mean we have to revive XSTC? Can't let these college guys have all the fun ;)
Wes, aren't you in college?

2fink
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
yeah, the sub-team battles are back...

team_Germany will do its best to fight for the top-spot ;)

[XC] riptide
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
So.... on SOB right now we have Resevoir Dogs, Collegiate Mafia, and XSTM.

Are the lines drawn for battle? XSTM has gone to a trickle today. RD are still doing well. This could be interesting.

[XC] riptide
09-18-2006, 01:21 PM
OH NOES!! *starts planning and scheming*
Yes WES those stranded boxes that don't have internet access would do well on sob using SOBQueue.

bullet2urbrain
09-18-2006, 01:25 PM
So.... on SOB right now we have Resevoir Dogs, Collegiate Mafia, and XSTM.

Are the lines drawn for battle? XSTM has gone to a trickle today. RD are still doing well. This could be interesting.

Im not doing any challenging till atleast next year when i have a cheaper place to live and dont owe like 2000 dollars a quarter for housing + food

however im only at half power

EDIT: of course except for Wes, who will remember all the days of trash talking between XSCM and XSTC

WesM63
09-18-2006, 02:06 PM
EDIT: of course except for Wes, who will remember all the days of trash talking between XSCM and XSTC

;) Do I ever, those where the days. *almost sheds a tear*

Riptide, shoot me a PM on SOBQueue. That would work great for my boxen that arn't online. Althou I might only be able to setup one of these Quad Xeons as I don't have a clue where i'm even going to put 1 of them.

[XC] riptide
09-18-2006, 03:28 PM
;) Do I ever, those where the days. *almost sheds a tear*

Riptide, shoot me a PM on SOBQueue. That would work great for my boxen that arn't online. Althou I might only be able to setup one of these Quad Xeons as I don't have a clue where i'm even going to put 1 of them.
Quad XEON! Hardcore. Creating PM now.

Movieman
09-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Quad XEON! Hardcore. Creating PM now.
Sneaky Look as Dave plans to get some 700/2mb/100's for Wes..:p:

WesM63
09-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Dave,
I'll see if I can get some #'s for you. The one i'm installing windows on now is a triple Xeon 500mhz.

DragonOrta,
Not in college ATM.

[XC] gomeler
11-10-2006, 08:18 AM
So that is where most of XSTM went off to, Collegiate Mafia. I feel a calling to join my other students in our academic struggles.. then again XSTM is my home. Maybe I can split my Allendale's cores between XSTM and XSCM?

bullet2urbrain
11-10-2006, 10:44 AM
So that is where most of XSTM went off to, Collegiate Mafia. I feel a calling to join my other students in our academic struggles.. then again XSTM is my home. Maybe I can split my Allendale's cores between XSTM and XSCM?

Gomeler, XSCM started long before XSTM, and through various things we elected to return back to where we started.

We started out then, a group of people called XSThe Collective came along and we had our rivalry, then we decided to join forces and create XSTM.

the rest is history and you are more than welcome to join whichever group you choose, if you decide you wanna join XSCM PM me.

WesM63
11-10-2006, 10:57 AM
b2b stop soliciting people! :mad: Don't make me go and call the mother ship!!

;)

bullet2urbrain
11-10-2006, 11:37 AM
b2b stop soliciting people! :mad: Don't make me go and call the mother ship!!

;)

I'm not even soliciting, people know they wanna join Greatness :D

ex2cib
11-10-2006, 04:14 PM
wes, dont make me call the hitsquad on you :)

and gomeler, like b2b said, XSCM has been around much longer than XSTM. we may have been one of the first subteams here.

we were before XSTC, team germany, the machine, etc....dont think im forgetting anyone....i would say lbm, but they said that they didn't like being called a "subteam"

[XC] riptide
11-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Well looking at the scores here in SOB...

the Collegiate Mafia are struggling... to say the least.

XS The Machine are doing a bit.....

And Resevoir Dogs are doing a respectable return everyday...

So which is it gonna be guys!!!!

bullet2urbrain
11-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Well looking at the scores here in SOB...

the Collegiate Mafia are struggling... to say the least.

XS The Machine are doing a bit.....

And Resevoir Dogs are doing a respectable return everyday...

So which is it gonna be guys!!!!

But reservoir dogs isnt holding a candle to XSCM in other projects, and we will be back, i singlehandedly beat Reservoir Dogs in the dailies by myself, XSRD isnt really a subteam as it is a way for people to jump projects when they want.

EDIT: and as far as struggling, im doing my bit to keep XS #1 someplace else, i will be back in SoB, its just a matter of chess right now to see where we are needed most.

[XC] gomeler
11-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Think I'll stick with XSTM to keep the game interesting, would hate to leave Mad Mikee by himself to fend off everyone else.

ex2cib
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
dont worry about mikee, i bet if you left, he'd start up the collective again :)

and as for CM doing bad here, see b2b's answer

Jose
11-11-2006, 05:21 AM
For those of you that have boxes that are not attached to the net all the time: Please remember that SOB has SIEVING. Hard as hell to understand how to do it but, you are college younglings , you smart cookies. :)

[XC] riptide
11-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Jose..... thats what 'Xtreme DC Vault'... is for

[XC] DragonOrta
11-14-2006, 11:44 AM
For those of you that have boxes that are not attached to the net all the time: Please remember that SOB has SIEVING. Hard as hell to understand how to do it but, you are college younglings , you smart cookies. :)
I am sieving.