PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Help

virtualrain
09-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Hi,

I read the sticky and it said that bleeding with a T-line can take several days... I just want to make sure I'm doing what I can to accelerate this or not prolong this.

Here's my loop:
T > DDC #1 > DDC #2 > Rads > Blocks > T

DDC #1 has alphacool top (modded top inlet) and alphacool res

DDC #2 has alphacool top only (no mods)

I'm using 10:1 Distilled:Pentosin.

I've got the loop fairly full of coolant. I've been running it for several minutes and any air that was in there unfortunately now is in the form of tiny bubbles. The DDC pump with res makes for a nice frothing machine. I'm starting to regret using this res as per popular opinion, but would like to try and make it work now if I can.

When I stop the pumps the tubes are like 1/4 full of tiny white bubbles and 3/4 full of blue coolant. I think there is a lot of air in there still but it's all tiny frothy bubbles which is going to be incredibly hard to bleed out I'm thinking.

Do I just keep this running now? Will the tiny bubbles eventually bleed out of the T? Is there anything else I can do?

marauder16
09-17-2006, 12:58 PM
if the T-line is pointing up leave the pumps running for a couple of days and the little bubbles should eventually bleed themselves out (in theory) ;)

virtualrain
09-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Do you think it would help if I just ran pump #2 (the one without the res on top) to minimize the frothing until the system is bled out?

Walternowi
09-17-2006, 02:21 PM
if the T-line is pointing up leave the pumps running for a couple of days and the little bubbles should eventually bleed themselves out (in theory) ;)

This is exactly what I did. It took about 48 hours. I tapped the tubes with my fingers occasionally to speed the bubbles along.

SiGfever
09-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Do you think it would help if I just ran pump #2 (the one without the res on top) to minimize the frothing until the system is bled out?
I would only run one pump until the loop is bled. Since you can't easily slow the pump down as with the D5 the little DDC sure can chop up some air.

Have you tilted your case in all axis directions to break the trapped air loose from your rad? Just make sure that when you do this that the T-line NEVER is allowed to re-introduce its air back into the system.

tommrussell
09-17-2006, 02:46 PM
or you might crimp one of the tubes a little bit to slow the flow down

virtualrain
09-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks... good suggetions. Will try these out.

virtualrain
09-17-2006, 07:58 PM
What would you know... one of my pumps died! Crap!

Need to rip the loop apart to RMA it.

More info here... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116325

thunderstruck!
09-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Just make sure that when you do this that the T-line NEVER is allowed to re-introduce its air back into the system.
What do you mean? Can you explain further...?:confused:

septim
09-18-2006, 03:40 AM
it means that don't point the fillport downwards as the Air bubbles inside tubing will go up back into pump and your loop...

as for ddc with Res, err get rid of Res...

i do it with a T-Line, test a few hours, off the power and watch em bubbles go up the tubing... also doing this with the fillport open a little to let air escape...