PDA

View Full Version : x-fi direct headphone question

古強者死神
09-15-2006, 03:02 PM
2 things, I have my Audio Technica AD700's hooked directly to my sound card now instead of having them pluged into the headphone out of my creative speakers. Word is you get much better sound direct to the sound card vs using a headphone out of computer speakers (I cant tell a diffrence so far)

However the major drawback so far is that I can no longer change the volume on the fly via the volume knob on my creative speakers. So is there a way to change the volume still if say I am playing a game?

I figure there must be a way to configure a keyboard hotkey that can do volume up/down.

2nd is that on the creative volume software deal you have a knob for main volume then a little sub volume for headphones. When I use the headphone volume nothing happens only the main volume changes the sound. My best guess is that the headphone volume knob is only compatible with the headphone out on the I/O panel that comes with the more expensive versions of the card?

edit: bah silly me my saitek gamers keyboard has volume up/down/mute buttons right on it and they work perfectly with the x-fi

so that leaves just the other question. Although it would be nice to know how to map volume up/down/mute functions to other keys or key combos incase sombody doesnt have a cool keyboard anybody wanna fill us in on how to do that?