PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Folks...

CactusPatch
09-15-2006, 11:58 AM
...For helping me update my WC system. Been lurking here for months now and am in the process of updating my cooling system. Just ordered a TDX, Maze4, and MCP355/Alphacool top. This is all being installed into a powder painted T-01 Stacker customized with a PA120.3 and Yate Loons, plumbed with 1/2" Tygon 3603.

This setup is replacing PolarFlo waterblocks, Coolingworks 12cm rad, two very noisy fans, and a D5 pump.

You folks really know how to help a person spend their money.

SiGfever
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
May I recommend an MP-05 Pro LE CPU block instead?

http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=173

CactusPatch
09-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Thank you for your suggestion, and I was seriously leaning towards a Storm, but... Quoc informed me at the moment it does not support AM2. I have yet to upgrade my system (waiting on "funding") and have not decided on a processor yet. Upgrading the cooling before the system?? How odd is that?

D-cisions, D-cisions. And, I can always change out blocks later on.

Aerou
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
the mp-05le block is a good idea, as long as you have a DDC ultra that can push enough water through it, in the given setup, it will give you a noticeable gain from the DD TDX,

just remember to have it setup so that the fans are pullin air from ambient (outside case) through the rad and with a t-line, shortest tube-path you should end with a very sweet loop ... GOOD LUCK :toast:

CactusPatch
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
the mp-05le block is a good idea, as long as you have a DDC ultra that can push enough water through it, in the given setup, it will give you a noticeable gain from the DD TDX,

How much is a noticable gain? 1-2 degrees C?

tommrussell
09-15-2006, 03:51 PM
How much is a noticable gain? 1-2 degrees C?

i gained about 4-5 when i went from the tdx to the mp 05 plus i really like the look of the block and i dont have to worry about cracking the plastic top of the tdx

good luck and enjoy your new "stuff"