PDA

View Full Version : New iTunes.

bullet2urbrain
09-15-2006, 10:38 AM
And its the biggest piece of untested Junk i've ever seen.

You thought Windows ME was bad...

adds some nice features but overall playback is atrocious. If you have any other sounds playing iTunes skips and crackles like a Vinyl Record....

any thoughts input? anything?

Pressure
09-15-2006, 11:24 AM
PC or Mac?

No trouble whatsoever on my Mac.

I like the new skin too.

bullet2urbrain
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Pc...

FragTek
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Yup this is just a PC version related issue, Apple will get it sorted in short order.

I love the new iTunes, it feckin r0x!

Vapor
09-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I haven't played any music with it yet (no reason to--ain't gots no's MPtrees on dis reputer), but for the love of god, don't open this program with your display at 16bit....so so yucky looking. Gotta restart the proggy back in 32bit to get it looking right :-/

I'm not sure if I like the new layout tbh....I really dislike the projected-look of most of the buttons and the scroll bars are just yuck, and the all-caps for "LIBRARY", "PLAYLIST", "SHARED", etc isn't my taste either.

EDIT: I know what I don't like about the layout!!!! For the first time ever, an Apple proggy needs resolution to look good :shakes:

bullet2urbrain
09-15-2006, 04:03 PM
wait till you try and play something back, then have some other sound going on.

happens both on Optical, Dig Coax, and 3.5mm analog signals.

its something screwy with the actual program., i have tried all the fixes i saw on the itunes forum

and im running it @ 32bit 1680x1050 so no res problems here, looks purty and it did automatically download over 1000 album covers for me.

which is pretty cool

all in all the GUI is r0xx0rs but the fact that it cant play music correctly sux

couppi
09-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Eh... mine's working fine, I haven't heard any skipping or crackling, but it suddenly decided to stop adding stuff into the library.

Vapor
09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Okay, I got an MP3 onto this computer and tried it....sounds very tinny, idk about crackling or skipping though, just poor quality (and the sound file is high qual in WMP).

gr8golf
09-15-2006, 06:12 PM
I'd still like for Apple to add in a good utility for backing up your playlists and song ratings. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Pressure
09-16-2006, 07:11 AM
Well, in that case it must be isolated to Windows based PCs.

MacBook Pro and MacBook here without any problems.

Now we just need Microsoft to make a comparable Messenger to Mac OSX that includes audio and video.

eddieate
09-16-2006, 07:23 AM
the brushed metal textures look a bit lo res to be honest.
but at least this version installs on XP-64 ive been stuck with 6.0.4 for ages :)
Ed.

mikenam
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM
it won't install on x64. i have 6.04 and i can't burn to cd. itunes ver 6 and up won't let me convert to mp3. I have to transfer to another computer not using x64 and burn it from there, burn to cd, and rip mp3 w/o digital quality. sucks.

ugp
09-17-2006, 05:41 AM
That is why you get a Mac. My MacBook has no problems at all. New iTunes is awesome.

eddieate
09-17-2006, 07:32 AM
it won't install on x64.

I beg to differ:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/EddieAte/itunes64.jpg

bullet2urbrain
09-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Louder than words.

:D

so far no problems as of yet in the past 24hrs since i've made it.

but still weird issues with sound... IDK its strange that no one else has had this problem

mikenam
09-17-2006, 10:46 AM
That is why you get a Mac. My MacBook has no problems at all. New iTunes is awesome.

not really a good reason just to get a mac. i don't care that much about itunes. :)

i thought 6 was the newest one. i downloaded 6. sumthing and it didn't work.

w00t!w00t!
10-14-2006, 01:44 PM
I was having this issue. I have the PC version i'd be browsing the web chatting on aim and all of a sudden it would completely :banana::banana::banana::banana: up started crackling and sounding like :banana::banana::banana::banana: i'd basically have to quit and reopen itunes and it kept doing it. I got the newer version which came out like a couple days after works fine now.

edit: one thing i liked at first was get album art so now you don't have to do it urself BUT you have to have an account so i signed up only to find out i have to put a credit card number and such in which i find lame. I am not buying anything why should i have to put credit card info in to get album art.