PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Headset Choices

eritszack31
09-15-2006, 07:55 AM
well, im looking to buy some gaming headsets. i dont care if they are open or closed, but my price range is <50. i know i probably wont get really good quality or anything. but it will be enough lol. so, im thinking about the sennheiser PC150's. any other recomendations, or past expereices with these headsets. thanks.

BenchZowner
09-15-2006, 10:46 AM
With the given price range, the PC150 is the best solution I think.
I've got the Sennheiser PC165, which I use when playing games, and I'm totally satisfied with the sound quality & the sound positioning :)

eritszack31
09-15-2006, 01:41 PM
ok, i guess ill buy them then. would i need a sound card, or will this on board one do.

DAK1640
09-15-2006, 02:47 PM
Sennheiser all the way...Whatever you can afford. Very comfy too.

BenchZowner
09-15-2006, 03:46 PM
ok, i guess ill buy them then. would i need a sound card, or will this on board one do.

The PC150's don't have any onboard sound card ( they're only Mini-Jack in ).

Unless by saying onboard you mean your motherboard's sound card.
But if you're really "bothered" into gaming, then I'd say grab a Creative X-Fi card.

stm
09-16-2006, 12:42 AM
yeah for gaming a nice audigy2zs or xfi is just as important as decent cans... and those USB headphones use their own sounds drivers ... working like an external sound card... and they're usually crap, so id stay away from those.

i had some 40 dollar altec lansing gaming headphones before my 595 senns and thought they were great for the price. but i dont have any cheap senns in that price range to compare to.

BenchZowner
09-16-2006, 05:55 AM
and those USB headphones use their own sounds drivers ... working like an external sound card... and they're usually crap, so id stay away from those.

If you're talking about the Sennheiser Headphones series with the USB sound card onboard, then you're quite wrong, because they can be used with your sound card aswell.
I agree that the onboard C-Media sound card on the Sennheisers is **** ( bad word starting with C :p: ), but the sound quality of the PC165 & PC160 is better than the mid-end models ( from the same manufacturer ofcourse ) :)