PDA

View Full Version : Storm and Thermochil 120.3

anodynejd
09-14-2006, 07:43 PM
I live in the Us and can't find a store that has the storm or the PA 120.3 thermochill in stock. Does anyone know of a store that has them in stock now or is getting them soon? Thanks.

p0tter
09-14-2006, 07:49 PM
DD - ThermoChill HE120.3
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=46&cat=77&page=1

sephiroth8748
09-14-2006, 07:53 PM
It's in stock at Performance Pcs http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...oducts_id=3944

ReD.SkY
09-14-2006, 07:54 PM
Storm is only in stock at crazypc.com

i just ordered one on tuesday.

p0tter
09-14-2006, 07:59 PM
here (http://www.crazypc.com/products/9303.html)

septim
09-14-2006, 08:38 PM
thermochill PA120.3, DangerDen and MountainMods
swiftech storm rev2 go swiftech direct although a bit slow...

Khaotic
09-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Storm is only in stock at crazypc.com

i just ordered one on tuesday.

I ordered my storm directly from Swiftech.
www.swiftnets.com

anodynejd
09-15-2006, 01:29 AM
The only store that had any of the products I wanted was performance pcs and it was the thermochill. Thanks for finding that one sepheroth. But None of the stores you all linked have the storm in stock. cept maybe swiftech themselves how long does it take to get from them?

the first post i got was this:

Weight 2.00 lbs
Price: $119.99

Options

Fitting Size
Quantity Out of stock

the storm linked from crazypc was :
Quantity in Basket:none
Code: 9303
Our Price: $84.99
Stock: Out of Stock

do they just say out of stock as an error?

septim
09-15-2006, 04:10 AM
around 2 to 3 weeks if you're lucky. also they sell around $5 more than other shops...
it would most likely be packed in a 13 * 8 * 5 box just like a mcres micro i ordered...
air freight on dimensional weight was like too much for my wallet...

oh and frequent emails to them to hurry would also be required...

fhpchris
09-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Storm was in stock at petras this week.

anodynejd
09-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Storm was in stock at petras this week.
I looked a couple of days ago and they said they where out of stock .....Does anyone know when He is supposted to get a new shipment? Those storm blocks sure are ellusive.

CactusPatch
09-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Jab-tech.

ReD.SkY
09-15-2006, 12:28 PM
jab-tech is outta stock

there is NO ETA on the blocks according to Hank at P-PCs

anodynejd
09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Would people be kind enough to check the site they are suggesting before posting that they have the storm or thermochill? There have been several that have posted saying a certain site has it when in fact they don't. Thank you.

septim
09-15-2006, 08:52 PM
can't really help you on that if the items you're looking for are selling like hotcakes...

fhpchris
09-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Would people be kind enough to check the site they are suggesting before posting that they have the storm or thermochill? There have been several that have posted saying a certain site has it when in fact they don't. Thank you.

Do not complain to us that you do not check the sites that sell the parts every day, I waited over a month for a storm to finally come in stock @ petras...

Khaotic
09-15-2006, 09:19 PM
As i said before: I got my Storm directly form Swiftech. Did i pay more? Probably. But I also wrapped up the order with a Micro Res, too. The difference between Swiftech and all the other vendors (Jab, PPC, etc) wasn't enough to make me worry, not when I was looking at my schedule and the limited time I would have to put it all together.
So which do you value more? Time, or money?

Swiftech didn't waste any time with my order. It was shipped within 2 days of making the order and they used UPS to deliver. UPS is no where near as fast as DHL, and UPS really sticks to their estimated deliery date. Even if you're package has to SIT in a sort facility for a whole day and a half. Where other packages will just flow in/out in a matter of hours. Pretty funny what UPS will do to make sure they don't get your package to you early. Heck, I had one package make an entire circle between 3 sort facilities becuase if it were to continue on its present course, it could have been to me 2 days early. Funny.

anodynejd
09-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Do not complain to us that you do not check the sites that sell the parts every day, I waited over a month for a storm to finally come in stock @ petras... I have checked everyday now for a couple days and nothing. That's why I made this thread and then I get posts that take me to out of stock parts. I am not blaming anyone for not finding them in stock. It just would help to check your own link and see if that part is in stock before claiming it is in stock.

:toast:

Petra
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
there is NO ETA on the blocks according to Hank at P-PCs
That's because Swiftech seems to have switched to a more 'on-demand' production model for the Storms...Unfortunately, they can't make them fast enough. No matter how many we order, we only end up receiving between 5 and 10 every few weeks (if that).

nealh
09-16-2006, 12:29 PM
That's because Swiftech seems to have switched to a more 'on-demand' production model for the Storms...Unfortunately, they can't make them fast enough. No matter how many we order, we only end up receiving between 5 and 10 every few weeks (if that).

Why..this seems stupid if the demand is this high why not increase production...Swiftech befuddles me on this one...also seen some issues with there CS as well..treated me ok, when I asked to buy some extra 6-32 and 4-40 screws for the storm and mcw60

one was very helpful..Michelle got got snooty and said I should have asked my vendor(no one carried extra screws)

Petra
09-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Why..this seems stupid if the demand is this high why not increase production...Swiftech befuddles me on this one...
Yeah, that one has me stumped, too... Granted, there's a lot that we don't know about Swiftech's internal situation.

Michelle got got snooty and said I should have asked my vendor(no one carried extra screws)
Well, you can't really blame her... after all, she does do pretty much everything over there (or so it seems :rolleyes: ).

john80y
09-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Last time I checked with a couple vendors they were waiting for Swiftech to release an AM2 bracket, hopefully when thats done we'll see the Storm back in stock at a few places.

MDboyz
09-16-2006, 11:18 PM
Anyone orders from SubzeroPCs before?
They have the Swiftech Storm in stock. I think it's Storm 1 not the new version tho.

http://www.subzeropcs.com/swiftech_storm_universal_high_performance_cpu_wate r_block.html

fhpchris
09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I have checked everyday now for a couple days and nothing. That's why I made this thread and then I get posts that take me to out of stock parts. I am not blaming anyone for not finding them in stock. It just would help to check your own link and see if that part is in stock before claiming it is in stock.

:toast:

No matter how many we order, we only end up receiving between 5 and 10 every few weeks (if that).

It was in stock earlier this week, I checked for a storm for a month, waiting two days really is nothing here. If you are willing to wait, contact Petra and mabye he will put you on top of the list.

septim
09-17-2006, 06:14 AM
depending on what type of production method swiftech uses...
mold for a storm? unlikely/not accurate enough but this method produces a product faster

CNC for a storm? most likely but of course a machine does get hot, need to wait a few for it to cool down, else continues usage of overheating machine produces faulty products and we don't want that...

also most companies are only open Mon to Friday, assuming 10 Storms per day thats only 50 per week divided to resellers who are most likely on a prioritized waiting list...

we can visualize the need to wait for a swiftech storm....

now imagine ordering from Cathar direct, how long would it take?...

this probably holds true for a thermochill rad...
even one of fstfrddy's stinger block, hand made, waiting list...

Herc130
09-18-2006, 01:35 PM
Anyone orders from SubzeroPCs before?
They have the Swiftech Storm in stock. I think it's Storm 1 not the new version tho.

http://www.subzeropcs.com/swiftech_storm_universal_high_performance_cpu_wate r_block.html

I actually placed an order for that Storm Rev. 1 thinking it was one hell of a deal for the Rev.2 . Got an email from them saying they have changed their names to AcousticPC (http://www.acousticpc.com/) and that they were no longer selling the Storm Rev. 1, but they did have a few Storm Rev. 2's in for $85. I would almost say this was a good example of a bait and switch....if I were a suspicious type of guy.

This is about the same as what Swiftech is charging, but for some reason, swiftech's site will not allow me to place an order going to Hawaii....I tried repeatedly. So, I went with acousticPC. My block is still on the way. I paid the lowest shipping I could at their site, which was $18 something for UPS ground. I thought being I am in hawaii, that it would go air, regaurdless...like most things I order ( I forgot, most things I order come out of California..or Performance PC which does USPS and gives much better shipping/packaging prices) , but being that they are in Florida, it is actually going ground from Florida to California and then air to me...so that is $18 to ship a single block from Florida to Hawaii. Not the greatest deal, but they actually had stock on hand. Hopefully there is no problems with the block once I get it........

For the PA120.3, I had ordered 1xPA120.3 and 2xPA120.2 from some place, unfortunately, I was informed they were out of stock on the PA120.3 . So, I looked around and everplace had "out of stock" except the place I originally ordered from (which is out of stock, they just aren't telling you ...nm, they changed it to out of stock now) and Mountainmods. I was leary to just order it even though they had in an orderable scheme, so I sent them an email asking them to make sure they actually had.

Durring that time, I decided to measure out my case for where the PA120.3 would go and came to the conclusion that although I could fit it in, I would have to cut into my HDD rack, it would be severly restricted of airflow (without me really cutting up the case...something I want to avoid), the $$$ is approaching a really crazy zum for what I have already purchased and an X-flow type barb configuration would actually work better for me.

I waited a bit, didn't hear back from mountainmods, so I went ahead and got a Black Ice Extreme X-flow dual 120mm rad. Which I am sure I can fit in no problems and my tubing will line up a lot neater and easier with.

Now, Mountainmods just emailed back and of course they have 3 PA120.3's in stock. I almost went ahead and ordered one, but didn't. It would have been a whole lot simpler for me if they came back and said "sorry, we're out" , because that would just reinforce what I had already done and left me with no worries. I troubles over this for a while and decided to stick with the x-flow for now. All this rad needs to do is cool the GPU. Sooner or later, it will be 2x7950X2 (DX10 version) if I ever find a conroe board that will support it and maybe then I will get a better rad, if this X-flow proves not good enough.

Anyway, yes. Mountainmods, right now has three PA120.3's in stock. What they actually have when you get around to ordering, I don't know, so don't come crying to me :)