PDA

View Full Version : Any place that has a PA120.2 in N.America?

Grinch
09-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Any place that has a PA120.2 in stock in N.America?:woot:

Complete
09-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Here you go.

Try harder next time .... google.com is amazing

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200&products_id=3943

_G_
09-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Here you go.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=200&products_id=3943

good timing, they where OS last night (around 4:45) on the PA120.2
said :banana: it and ordered the PA120.3 instead.
It soaks in vinegar as I post now :D
Edit: performance-pcs is my new favorite site, they just have a bad reputation with hosebarbs(yes they screwed up on my hosebarbs too lol)

Shpoon
09-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Here you go.

Weird...I've been waiting on it forever (and it wasn't in yesterday, so don't be so harsh ;))

No email update though...even though I requested one.

thunderstruck!
09-13-2006, 11:33 AM
I don't like that PPCs won't show if an item is in stock or not. Even when I called them they didn't know. It was after I ordered that they e-mailed me out of stock.

Shpoon
09-13-2006, 11:37 AM
I don't like that PPCs won't show if an item is in stock or not. Even when I called them they didn't know. It was after I ordered that they e-mailed me out of stock.

Ya they do, they just sometimes mess up...for the last 3 weeks the 120.2 has an "OUT OF STOCK" marker in the main page, and if you click on it for details, there's no add to cart option, sometimes they just don't track their inventory well (happened with the PA 3 weeks ago, they emailed and refunded).

Complete
09-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Weird...I've been waiting on it forever (and it wasn't in yesterday, so don't be so harsh ;))

No email update though...even though I requested one.

Hmm..

PPC has disappointed me several times..

They sent me 2x bad Laing DDC ultra pumps in a row..

Forgot my 120x3 barbs, and forgot the foam peice that houses the fans, forget the name :)

But.. none the less, they are on of the few providers that sell some of the special stuff I require for my watercooling needs.

But.. I love Petra and jab-tech, 10x times better than PPC in Customer Service, and processing. :D

Shpoon
09-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Hmm..

PPC has disappointed me several times..

They sent me 2x bad Laing DDC ultra pumps in a row..

Forgot my 120x3 barbs, and forgot the foam peice that houses the fans, forget the name :)

But.. none the less, they are on of the few providers that sell some of the special stuff I require for my watercooling needs.

But.. I love Petra and jab-tech, 10x times better than PPC in Customer Service, and processing. :D

Crazy, I've ONLY had good thiungs from PPCs and as of yet, nothing caught by customs (this one might be).

Grinch
09-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Here you go.

@7am this morning they did not have 1...but thx anyways:woot:

Batman!
09-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Ive had past dealings with ppc's. They do have a godly selection but..eh I just felt that hank baron was a bit rude when I was going through a rma process..

Grinch
09-13-2006, 02:17 PM
I have been buying items from pps for a few years now and have yet to have a problem..heh...I even drove to their office 1 time to pick some stuff up which is located in palm bay florida.

Khaotic
09-13-2006, 02:27 PM
good timing, they where OS last night (around 4:45) on the PA120.2
said :banana: it and ordered the PA120.3 instead.
It soaks in vinegar as I post now :D
Edit: performance-pcs is my new favorite site, they just have a bad reputation with hosebarbs(yes they screwed up on my hosebarbs too lol)

Exactly what i said - I went for the PA120.3 becuase it was only a few dollars more - and since I'm mounting mine on the outside of the case, I'm not really loosing that much more space.

I just had a pretty large order delievered from PPC. PA120.3, DDC Ultra, some tubing, 3x Loon fans, and the acrylic top for the DDC. I'm soaking the PA now also, going to try and isntall it sometime later this weekend.
Everything was right and i had the correct barbs. Only issue was in shipping, one of the fans was packed on the edge of the box and the frame got cracked en' route. I emailed hank and got an RMA# same day with an apology. So far I'm happy.
Don't really think we can blame them for a rash of bad pumps. And i've heard that a shipment of bad pumps went out from Lang, so if he got a batch of those, how do you tell which are good/bad? Unless he opens them and tests each and every one. Do you want to open a pump and see thats its already been used? How can he prove that he sold you a TESTED pump and not a USED one? So from his standpoint, its best to leave retail packages unopened. That's a tightwire if you ask me.

Grinch
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Exactly what i said - I went for the PA120.3 becuase it was only a few dollars more - and since I'm mounting mine on the outside of the case, I'm not really loosing that much more space.

I just had a pretty large order delievered from PPC. PA120.3, DDC Ultra, some tubing, 3x Loon fans, and the acrylic top for the DDC. I'm soaking the PA now also, going to try and isntall it sometime later this weekend.
Everything was right and i had the correct barbs. Only issue was in shipping, one of the fans was packed on the edge of the box and the frame got cracked en' route. I emailed hank and got an RMA# same day with an apology. So far I'm happy.
Don't really think we can blame them for a rash of bad pumps. And i've heard that a shipment of bad pumps went out from Lang, so if he got a batch of those, how do you tell which are good/bad? Unless he opens them and tests each and every one. Do you want to open a pump and see thats its already been used? How can he prove that he sold you a TESTED pump and not a USED one? So from his standpoint, its best to leave retail packages unopened. That's a tightwire if you ask me.

agree 100%

thunderstruck!
09-13-2006, 03:37 PM

Where did you get your information about Laing sending out a bad batch? 3/4 dead DDC+ pumps came from PPC, and the person who ran the other 1 pump was using a 90 degree inlet barb.

Khaotic
09-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Where did you get your information about Laing sending out a bad batch? 3/4 dead DDC+ pumps came from PPC, and the person who ran the other 1 pump was using a 90 degree inlet barb.

Well, I've looked all over through my notes and browser history and i can't find where I had read about the LANG issue. But I am quite sure I caught it from 2 sources. One read, one word of mouth - but since the guy I talked to is a good friend of mine, it is quite possible we both read the same thread/article.

Since this pump is the same as the Swiftech, there is a pretty large base of folks out there we can pull from to get info. The only real issue here is that there are only a handful of distributors that we as enthusiasts are going to use. Since PPC and Jab are the two most talked about, it seems only natural that the largest number of complaints would come from them.

JUST TO BE SURE! I just did a small loop test with my pump and an old rez and my pump (which I put the acrylic top on myself) worked fine. On top of no leaks, there was awesome preassure, no noise and that satisfies me.

My pump was ordered late last week and arrived Tuesday of this week (Yesterday as of those post-9/13/06)

adamant415
09-13-2006, 04:18 PM
I got my order from performance pc's today and they left out a set of hose barbs as well for me, and backordered a gasket without letting me know.

syne_24
09-13-2006, 04:25 PM
I got my order from performance pc's today and they left out a set of hose barbs as well for me, and backordered a gasket without letting me know.

That's what i'm talking about right there about ppc's. They never tell you their items are out of stock and even if you call them they will give some bs like "oh yea it's suppose to come today or so, we'll ship it when it comes etc" BS. Guess I'll have to wait for DD to restock or maybe Petra's will start carrying them? :D

Marci
09-14-2006, 01:29 AM

Me and several others who have mentioned such in various threads on various sites around the net. There are more failed and returned than get reported here. The world is much bigger than XS.

SiGfever
09-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Me and several others who have mentioned such in various threads on various sites around the net. There are more failed and returned than get reported here. The world is much bigger than XS.
@Marci,

Have you seen any pattern to the failures such as mounting position, lack of airflow etc? Or do you think it was just a design/QC issue?

OPPAINTER
09-14-2006, 02:41 PM
Is there any diffferance between the PA120.2 and the one that Swiftech sells?
http://swiftech.com/products/MCR220-QP.asp

OPP

OPPAINTER
09-14-2006, 02:46 PM

OPP

Forget it, I just read the dimensions:D
Looks like the PA120.2 has more depth.

OPP

sdkevin
09-14-2006, 03:05 PM

OPP

Yes lots of it, dimension, fin density, performance and also PA almost twice as thick of MCR220