PDA

View Full Version : Dpad

Pages : [1] 2

[XC] riptide
09-13-2006, 03:15 AM
DPAD stats are back working now so i feel a little better speaking about DPAD now.

There was 2 people crunching recently on this team (me included). This project is IDEAL for comps that have no or limited internet connection.

(Wes, i'm thing about you here. Having a few boxes idling away 'cos of dial up?)

I believe it is the easiest project to sneakernet and is pretty much hands free.

I've had a nice little start on this and at poresent have 2 x 3.0Ghz P4s 24/7 (3.2Ghz and other is stock ;) ) and a part time 2.8 Ghz Lappy (stock HP's are so loud)

Particle/high energy physics was my one of favourite classes at college so I'm happy

[XC] riptide
09-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Free :banana::banana::banana::banana: in here! Click Me! (http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/)

Movieman
09-15-2006, 05:52 PM
Free :banana::banana::banana::banana: in here! Click Me! (http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/)
Hey, where's the :banana::banana::banana::banana:!:D
I tried finding " Debbie does a Particle Beam" but it wasn't listed.

WesM63
09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
lmao..

Tiptide, i'll look into it ;)

[XC] riptide
09-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey, where's the :banana::banana::banana::banana:!:D
I tried finding " Debbie does a Particle Beam" but it wasn't listed.
Ha ha. I had made the first post... nobody replied at all...

Then I make that post above and they all come rushing in... and guess who gets in first? Yes... Dirty Old Dave looking for :banana::banana::banana::banana:! ha ha!

Debbie does a particle beam... funny guy! :rofl:

[XC] riptide
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Bump for members. (And friends):stick: ;)

[XC] riptide
09-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Hey RiP: I thought your favorite college subject was surfing and the art of making tea :)
:rolleyes: Well my real favourite college subject was surfing beer and lady waves! I used to actually sleep a lot in college. Sit up right in front of the lecturer sometimes and nod off... right in front of his face.

[XC]melymel
10-22-2006, 03:47 AM
Ok I'm giving DPAD another run to see what my p4 accomplishes, Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit reckons it can do 17K a day :D. Anyone know if this is an intel or amd friendly project? or if celeries are of any use on it? :toast:

Also do I have to put the [XS] tag infront of my user when signing up the client or just use melymel2789?

[XC] riptide
10-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Ok I'm giving DPAD another run to see what my p4 accomplishes, Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit reckons it can do 17K a day :D. Anyone know if this is an intel or amd friendly project? or if celeries are of any use on it? :toast:

Also do I have to put the [XS] tag infront of my user when signing up the client or just use melymel2789?
infront or behind. Doens't matter. Do you not have the client installed already? I will have a P4 3.0Ghz stock and I think that was giving me 13-15k a day. Whats Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit?

[XC]melymel
10-22-2006, 09:57 PM
infront or behind. Doens't matter. Do you not have the client installed already? I will have a P4 3.0Ghz stock and I think that was giving me 13-15k a day. Whats Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit?

Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit is like F@Hmon or BOINCview and is very usefull you can get it here: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MC.htm .

:toast:

P.S. is it just for me that the stats seem awfull. They update when they feel like it and it appears my entire nights production has gone missing :confused:.

[XC] riptide
10-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Muon :banana::banana::banana::banana:pit is like F@Hmon or BOINCview and is very usefull you can get it here: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MC.htm .

P.S. is it just for me that the stats seem awfull. They update when they feel like it and it appears my entire nights production has gone missing :confused:.
He he.:D read my first post here about the stats. Actually the stats are a little bit all over the place, but they always do come round. Stephen Whatshisname (guy that runs it) seems to have stats issues every so often, but by and large it works out fine. Mely, are you gonna try take me on for Numero Uno! ;) I've only got a little old p4 3gig on this.

[XC]melymel
10-23-2006, 09:53 PM
He he.:D read my first post here about the stats. Actually the stats are a little bit all over the place, but they always do come round. Stephen Whatshisname (guy that runs it) seems to have stats issues every so often, but by and large it works out fine. Mely, are you gonna try take me on for Numero Uno! ;) I've only got a little old p4 3gig on this.

That's good to hear as long as I get my points eventually I'll be happy :p:. I was thinking about challenging you for the lead but then I remembered you now have a fleet of xeons and p4's and this p4 is all I have that's any good at DPAD :(. I'll see if I can find a few more but at about the 10K a day I'm doing now you shouldn't have to worry for a long time :rolleyes: . :toast:

[XC] riptide
10-24-2006, 04:46 AM
That's good to hear as long as I get my points eventually I'll be happy :p:. I was thinking about challenging you for the lead but then I remembered you now have a fleet of xeons and p4's and this p4 is all I have that's any good at DPAD :(. I'll see if I can find a few more but at about the 10K a day I'm doing now you shouldn't have to worry for a long time :rolleyes: . :toast:
Baaaah..... I only have one P4 3.0Ghz allocated to this project. the reason been its my work PC and the internet is locked down good. No open ports to use, and its all protected. i can't even access Free-DC anymore form here and I'm surprised they haven't locked out these forums yet.

[XC] DragonOrta
10-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Is it just me, or does DPAD automatically use all cores? I have it installed on my 2.4ghz X2 and Task Manager is reporting it using 99% of CPU. I haven't seen something using 99% on this machine for a LONG time.

WesM63
10-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Riptide,
Can you shoot me a PM on how to set this up?

[XC] DragonOrta
10-25-2006, 01:56 PM
It's pretty easy. I don't think that you even need to set-up a user or anything.

Just create a user.txt file in the folder that you run DPAD out of, and put in WesM63[XS] (if you're going to be using WesM63, if XSTM, then XS_The_Machine[XS]) and either run it through command prompt with muon1_cmdline.bat or in the background with muon1_background.exe.

[XC] riptide
10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Is it just me, or does DPAD automatically use all cores? I have it installed on my 2.4ghz X2 and Task Manager is reporting it using 99% of CPU. I haven't seen something using 99% on this machine for a LONG time.
Yes.! Same with HT on a P4 It takes it all over. Very aggressive approach in my opinion. Just adjust the priorities and affinity for your liking ;)

Wes- Since your on dialup, do you want me to send details on no-internet setup or internet setup?

Anyways I'll make this public for everyone to see, if thats ok.. any questions then send PM ok with you?

1) Download the compressed folder v443d.rar from the dl section of the muon1 website. Extract said archive.

2) First off users.txt file. Put in your name either followed or trailed by [XS]

Mine for example is [XS]riptide

Thats it... when you upload results later ... you will be on the team.

3) If you have no internet (or slow dialup, Wes ;) ) but you can upload in your own time or from work on a memory stick (US: Thumb drive :rolleyes: )
Run the batch file 'config_nonet.bat'
If you have net run the batch 'config_net.bat'
Now on to the config file. I'm gonna attach mine in this post. It is setup for no-net/sneakernetting. Most of the options are self explanatary anyways, but its quicker to copy/paste my file :cool:
You can leave the config file alone if you have 'always on' net.

And thats it... run either muon1.exe if you want to see the schitt happening on screen. Looks good by the way. Pretty project.
But run muon1_background for well.... background running.

Your reults will be generated into a results.txt and copied to a results.dat file.

Now for sneakernetting the results back up... copy the folder totally onto a pendrive. And when you want to upload results... you transfer (cut and paste) the results.txt file to the pendrive folder everytime, and off you go to a DSL connection or whatever and run manualsend.bat

. PS: it still works ok on dialup, but if you have always on at work... use that.

[XC] riptide
10-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Config.txt

[XC] DragonOrta
10-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Riptide, I'm comin' for ya! :p:

WesM63
10-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Cool, i got a couple of machines I can run it on here at home.

Sempy 3100+, A64 3400+, Duron 1.2ghz and 2x P4 1.7ghz.

[XC] riptide
10-26-2006, 01:37 AM
Riptide, I'm comin' for ya! :p:
Dragon, should you come close.... I'll open the jets... in your face.. ha ha! ;) :p: Damn I think I'm talking tough in too many projects. Need more power!!

Wes.... bring it on! I knew you had unharnessed power. And this project ideal.

EDIT: I'd like also to take this oppurtunity to thank Carlos (Empeppe from Free-DC) on the various bits of help he gave me with setting up a few projects like DPAD and SOB etc.

[XC] riptide
10-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Wes - I don't see you. Stop nOObing around and get your name here ;)

Dragon... nice points... keep going!

WesM63
10-27-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm working on it ;) Its running on one of the P4's I just havn't uploaded anything yet.. i'll do that tonight when i get home from work.. which should be shortly.

[XC] riptide
10-27-2006, 06:09 PM
I'm working on it ;) Its running on one of the P4's I just havn't uploaded anything yet.. i'll do that tonight when i get home from work.. which should be shortly.
I knew you wouldn't let us down :woot:

WesM63
10-27-2006, 06:26 PM
;) Never!!

I plan on getting it installed on the other machines this weekend. Gotta upgrade to Server 2003 on my file server that way i can Remote Desktop to it. (no kb/mouse). The other machines, just need the files copied and ran.

WesM63
10-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I just uploaded some, so i guess we'll see. I think i did it right. Copied the folder to my flash drive and ran manual send.bat.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-01-2006, 07:23 PM
OK, I'm finally getting some stuff up from my X2 that can't find the wireless network anymore.

WesM63
11-01-2006, 07:32 PM
I'll upload some more when i get home from Columbus tomorrow.

[XC] DragonOrta
11-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Time to see how many points 900 or so results gets you. :D

[XC] riptide
11-02-2006, 06:10 AM
:yawn2: Well as I look down from this height, I can see something moving down there at the bottom.... damn my eyes aren't what they used to be :rofl:... ;) :D

[XC] riptide
11-04-2006, 04:21 AM
Stupid Stats are gone AWOL again on this project I think.! :rolleyes:

[XC] riptide
11-09-2006, 06:12 AM
"NB: This project is temporarily out of service as some rewriting is needed of the results database. This notice will be removed when this is finished. Results sent in will be stored on the FTP servers, though it's probably best to try another project for the next few weeks." http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/:rolleyes:

[XC] riptide
12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
DPAD is back... ish! Looks like yer'man Stephen Brooks is cranking up the stats servers again. And i got a niceish dump. Nice of wes to get a few points too! :clap:

[XC] riptide
12-14-2006, 05:30 PM
Right. DPAD seems to be back on track. All results are intact as suspected. I just uploaded a few myself there now! So is ANYONE gonna try me on this project. Anyone?

[XC] riptide
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Big thanks to 4x44n for joining up. Now are you gonna make a run for No. 1?

[XC] 4X4N
01-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I'll just leave it running for a while. What should I expect from a x2 3800 at 2.7? I got started around 8:00 last night. So far a little over 29,000.

[XC] riptide
01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I'll just leave it running for a while. What should I expect from a x2 3800 at 2.7? I got started around 8:00 last night. So far a little over 29,000.
TBH no idea really. There is a benchmarking thread in the project forums and till recently I think multi proc AMD systems usually done well. Until Core2Duo at least. You'll notice that the App itself nicely takes over all cores and same on a P4HT machine. Both threads invaded!:D

[XC] 4X4N
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes, very easy to get started. I just made the user.txt and eveything else was at the defaults. It automatically used both cores, nice. Now, d2ol need to do this with their app. Up to 34,000 now. I guess it updates often.

[XC] riptide
01-03-2007, 05:32 PM
Well... now thats the sore point. Every so often the stats take it in the a$$. See its a one man band, and I think he has trouble sorting out the code somtimes. Also you results i think are sent to volunteers servers first.. then they are taken off them to the central one. So its not exactly enterprise backed project... but they pretty much get everything sorted out in the end after any problems.

EDIT: Just noticed the stats overall. We're gonna get creamed by OCUk and Boinc Australia. Time to switch on the jets methinks.

[XC]melymel
01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
EDIT: Just noticed the stats overall. We're gonna get creamed by OCUk and Boinc Australia. Time to switch on the jets methinks.

What's needed to hold them off? Can't have ocuk passing :p:

EDIT: I have removed the A64 and P4 from D2OL and put them onto DPAD and atm am loving the low ram usage :D. Have they sorted the stats problems out yet? I may switch my main focus to this permanently if they have.

[XC] riptide
01-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Baaah. a few rigs will keep them at bay I think. I notice that on the E6600 temps are way low. Therefore the clocks are a little higher.

[XC] riptide
01-05-2007, 06:58 AM
We'll, team Beos got XS-tified. Faster than I thought. Well done eveyone.

jimwah
01-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Some nice vault pointage there too :clap:

UCmajewski
01-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Nice work today in DPAD so far 185 points .... never have ran this project but looks like you guys got it under control when theres work available.

[XC] riptide
01-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Nice work today in DPAD so far 185 points .... never have ran this project but looks like you guys got it under control when theres work available.
UC. You don't need available work. You can run this project without internet ad infinitem. Thats the beauty of it. It has all its needs in the zip download.

Thats the only relatively easy points we're gonna get. Everything after this demands more rigs if we want quick points.

EDIT: Well one or 2 more really.

[XC] DragonOrta
01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I think I might pop it onto a machine or two for a bit of a run. Can't have 4x4N thinking he has a chance at my spot. :p: :p:

[XC] riptide
01-06-2007, 09:59 AM
I think I might pop it onto a machine or two for a bit of a run. Can't have 4x4N thinking he has a chance at my spot. :p: :p:
Dragon. I do remember you saying "I'm coming for you" . I'm still waiting :D :yawn: :rofl:

[XC] 4X4N
01-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Not after anybody's spot, just trying to help out. :)

[XC] riptide
03-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Dragon..... you trying to sneak up or what? I can't have that!

[XC] DragonOrta
03-25-2007, 06:46 PM
I just passed 1 million! :woot:

I guess I'll have to keep repeating myself to Riptide.

I'm coming for you.

:D

[XC] riptide
03-26-2007, 03:18 PM
DragonOrta;2091185']I just passed 1 million! :woot:

I guess I'll have to keep repeating myself to Riptide.

I'm coming for you.

Dragon my friend... I'm back up to power.... The 'Qaud Master' Arrived today. Thats just crushed your hopes for getting anywhere near me.

[XC] riptide
04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Right. For now I'll be putting DPAD on my P4 3.0Ghz at work. 24/7 hopefully. Should be good for 15k per day. I see Mely laid down 64k. How many months for that 4400 X2 ? :rolleyes: :)

I feel a DPAD charge on... I wonder will others join in?

[XC] 4X4N
04-04-2007, 04:15 PM
I might start up dpad again after I get us into the top ten in riesel llr. I stopped running it because I saw that it would take quite a while to move up further. If we could organize a group push on it, I would be up for that.

I just noticed that my points seem low. I though I was close to 700k :confused:

[XC] riptide
04-04-2007, 04:42 PM
I reckon we should have a bit of a go. We'll nail those 'members of starfleet' in about 2 weeks if a few of us started again.

[XC] DragonOrta
04-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I've just been running a 2.95ghz opty on this. I'm about to get a 3.6-3.7ghz E6400 on it too.

[XC] gomeler
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Might have to join up with you guys on DPAD once I finish up my sieve ranges, only something like 4000G left ;)

[XC]melymel
04-04-2007, 10:01 PM
riptide;2109217']Right. For now I'll be putting DPAD on my P4 3.0Ghz at work. 24/7 hopefully. Should be good for 15k per day. I see Mely laid down 64k. How many months for that 4400 X2 ? :rolleyes: :)

I feel a DPAD charge on... I wonder will others join in?

It's a 3800 X2 and it only took a couple of months :slap: :p:.

I'm up for this push, I have just put the 3.2ghz e6400 onto it, will get the p4 on it later and I am trying to keep the X2 on as much as possible.

I think if we get enough power on this it wont take us long to hit 14th atleast ;). :toast:

[XC] gomeler
04-04-2007, 10:18 PM
How much damage can a 3GHz Conroe perform in a given day? Is this a BOINC project or does it have a seperate client? Can I stockpile work and drop a big bomb(I like doing this heh)? Get me info and I'll make an educated decision to help you guys out. I'll just need ~10 days or so to finish up what I'm working on, maybe a bit longer. We need to have a DC-vault roll call sometime to see who does what. I also need to update that DC-Vault list, been a month since I said I'd update

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 03:21 AM
gomeler;2109827']How much damage can a 3GHz Conroe perform in a given day? Is this a BOINC project or does it have a seperate client? Can I stockpile work and drop a big bomb(I like doing this heh)? Get me info and I'll make an educated decision to help you guys out. I'll just need ~10 days or so to finish up what I'm working on, maybe a bit longer. We need to have a DC-vault roll call sometime to see who does what. I also need to update that DC-Vault list, been a month since I said I'd update

Not sure about the actual pointage from a conroe.... but ya.. it'll be good none the less.

Seperate Client (read the first 20 posts)

Yes you can stockpile work.... loads of work and upload when you want.

Sorry Mel about the mixup with the 3800 :D

[XC] DragonOrta
04-05-2007, 05:59 AM
I'd say about 40k per day from a 3ghz dual core A64. I can't remember how much better C2D is at Dpad, but you can count on at least that much.

[XC]melymel
04-05-2007, 07:07 AM
My C2D at 3.2ghz has managed just over 20K in 9 hours so should be good for about 54K per day if that helps anyone.

Muon's client is great it is easy to run on dual core (just run the .exe) also this project is great for dumping :D. No stupid benchmarks like boinc.

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 07:13 AM
melymel2789;2110364']My C2D at 3.2ghz has managed just over 20K in 9 hours so should be good for about 54K per day if that helps anyone.

Muon's client is great it is easy to run on dual core (just run the .exe) also this project is great for dumping :D. No stupid benchmarks like boinc.

There is one thing with DPAD. it won't effectively use totally 100% on a C2D. And with a kent it will jump from 70-90% usage. So i suggest get something else to run along side it to take up the few %'s by been clever with the priority in taskmanager.

[XC] gomeler
04-05-2007, 07:22 AM
Well I guess I can do DPAD and PSP:S side by side, Sieving will steal ALL clockcycles so I'll just have it on a lower priority than DPAD. Once my VGA is shipped to me I'll start stockpiling the points. XSTM needs to make a statement in a few projects :)

[XC]melymel
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I was testing the X2 earlier and it can do almost 30K in 24 hours which at 1.8ghz isn't bad and my c2d only does 54K in 24 hours. So from these I worked out you get:

8.33K a day per AMD ghz
8.43K a day per C2D ghz

Which is very wierd can anyone else throw up some results please?

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Look at the benchmark thread on the DPAD forum site. http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
http://stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thread=521&bork=aclwgoibxt

[XC] gomeler
04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Bah from 2004, bunch of crappy machines :) When I start running DPAD I'll run the benchie program also and see how the machine does. It pulls 1260kp/s in PSP:Sieve though heh

[XC] 4X4N
04-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Just switched a 3800 x2 from wcg to dpad. I should have an E6400 going by the end of next week, I'll put that on it too.

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Scitt... I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear...

[XC] DragonOrta
04-05-2007, 03:22 PM
riptide;2111184']Scitt... I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear...

It's about time! :p:

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 03:59 PM
I need more rigs. I can't do everything I want to do. God dammit. Roll on April price cuts.

[XC] riptide
04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
gomeler;2110907']Bah from 2004, bunch of crappy machines :) When I start running DPAD I'll run the benchie program also and see how the machine does. It pulls 1260kp/s in PSP:Sieve though heh

Actually Gomeler go to the end of the thread. theres C2D, one Quad and a bunch of p4's and high end A64's.

melymel.... it seems that your result is not far off the mark. It would seem Athlon64 x2 is roughly equivalent to C2D at same clockspeed. Also the bench program only works for one core it seems. SO you have to x 2 to get realistic figures.

KaptainBlaZzed
04-06-2007, 06:51 AM
I just put my 3.0C on DPAD.

how do i know how many results i have saved up?
What do i put as my name to get my DPAD points to show up in my sig?

KaptainBlaZzed
04-06-2007, 07:22 AM
OK, figured out how to count my results.

does DPAD upload the results automatically or do i have to run the manualupload.bat file?

[XC]melymel
04-06-2007, 12:00 PM
@KB: To get it to show in your sig you'll have to wait until the stats update and show you but it'll be a number rather than a name.

You can use MuonC.ockpit to show how many points you have in the result file to be uploaded and it's the muon equivalent to boinview or f@hmon. link: http://www.v8.franken.de/Muon/MC.htm

You can configure the client to send results automatically or to only send when you run manualsend.bat, you can do this by using the config.txt file in the dpad clients directory. Default is for it to auto send when it has a certain number of results stored.

cheers for the help :toast:

[XC] DragonOrta
04-06-2007, 12:37 PM
OK, figured out how to count my results.

does DPAD upload the results automatically or do i have to run the manualupload.bat file?

You set to send the results automatically or not in the Config file.

I use MuonCMD, which will start DPAD automatically, and show you the amount of points that your current results are worth. It's very handy.

EDIT: Finally found where I downloaded MuonCMD from. This post (http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showpost.php?p=98169&postcount=11) on the FDC forums has it as an attachment.

KaptainBlaZzed
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I decided to add a few more comps to DPAD while it is still cool here.

Now i have a 3.0C, C2D @ 3.2, and 2 x 3.1 DX's on DPAD

[XC] riptide
04-07-2007, 02:49 AM
I decided to add a few more comps to DPAD while it is still cool here.

Now i have a 3.0C, C2D @ 3.2, and 2 x 3.1 DX's on DPAD

Excellent work Troy :D

glennpat
04-08-2007, 01:14 PM
WOW! You guys have really turned up the heat on this project. Nice gain on vault point!:clap:

[XC] riptide
04-08-2007, 03:03 PM
WOW! You guys have really turned up the heat on this project. Nice gain on vault point!:clap:

Baaah. I was hoping to drop 450k on this today. one of the rigs had stalled when i was away! :rolleyes: Now it seems the mobo has given up the ghost :rolleyes:

[XC] DragonOrta
04-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Well, it looks like everything I have running is running rather well. Still trying to get my E6400 at the highest speed I can. Running at 3.8ghz right now. Hopefully get close to 3.9ghz. :D

And never forget those words Riptide. :) One of these days, you will be mine. :devil:

[XC] gomeler
04-08-2007, 08:00 PM
3.8GHz on air or water? If on air then please can some of that air and send it over here, I'm maxing around 3.4GHz with a Scythe Ninja and 1 fan. Perhaps I should step it up to 4 fans :p:

[XC] DragonOrta
04-08-2007, 08:40 PM
This is using the water loop I've set for when I get a q6600 after the pricecuts (Apogee GT, MCW30, DDC-2 w/ Petras top, MCR-320 w/ 140cfm Deltas), although I had this particular cpu running at 3.7ghz on a Big Typhoon a couple months ago in my basement (it's now in my bedroom)

I will say one thing, I like the ASUS P5N-E SLi board. We'll just have to see if it'll clock the quad high. If not, It'll be time to sell the old P5W DH and get the new DFI 965-S board, :D

[XC] gomeler
04-08-2007, 09:27 PM
I'm eyeing that DFI 965-S for my 2nd board in 2 months :p: Haven't even had a chance to play with my QuadGT and I'm already looking for another board to play with. If you get the DFI lemme know how it goes ;)

[XC] riptide
04-09-2007, 03:40 AM
DragonOrta;2117224']

And never forget those words Riptide. :) One of these days, you will be mine. :devil:
You sound like one of my Ex's.... haha!:rolleyes:

Well looks like I'll be ordering a new DS3 today to keep you at bay. I hate ordering new MOBO's. ... as Forrest Gump said "[ordering MOBO's].... is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get"

EDIT: Its back to life.... albeit with a Ram channel gone. !!!!

[XC] riptide
04-11-2007, 01:21 AM
C'mon Dragon! Ya scruffy bastage. Kent has been down for a few days. Nows your chance! What do i have to do!

KaptainBlaZzed
04-13-2007, 05:22 AM
If we got a few more people we could do some real damage in DPAD.
Who wants to help.

I will be putting my woodcrest machine on DPAD as soon as i get 100K in WCG (about a week)

Easy vault points for the taking, lets get them.:stick:

[XC] riptide
04-13-2007, 01:17 PM
If we got a few more people we could do some real damage in DPAD.
Who wants to help.

I will be putting my woodcrest machine on DPAD as soon as i get 100K in WCG (about a week)

Easy vault points for the taking, lets get them.:stick:

Damn! there goes my No.1 :rolleyes: :toast: Hey Troy.. whatcha going to do about helheim in SOB ;) :stick: :D

KaptainBlaZzed
04-13-2007, 01:45 PM
riptide;2127303']Damn! there goes my No.1 :rolleyes: :toast: Hey Troy.. whatcha going to do about helheim in SOB ;) :stick: :D

LOL, nothing right now.

we already have enough vault points for SOB.

i am ready for a good challenge, try to hold me off.:D

[XC] riptide
04-13-2007, 02:03 PM
LOL, nothing right now.

we already have enough vault points for SOB.

i am ready for a good challenge, try to hold me off.:D

hmmm... looks at sigI don't have enough to challenge that woody setup. And I only have a few machines that I can 'borg' and they're all P4's... so...

[XC] gomeler
04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
riptide;2127375']hmmm... looks at sigI don't have enough to challenge that woody setup. And I only have a few machines that I can 'borg' and they're all P4's... so...

Psh, never give up and never surrender! If all else fails hire some ninjas to destroy his Woodcrests or atleast have them borg it for you :p:

[XC] riptide
04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
gomeler;2127668']Psh, never give up and never surrender! If all else fails hire some ninjas to destroy his Woodcrests or atleast have them borg it for you :p:
Who said surrender..... Price cuts = 2nd Quad :D

[XC] 4X4N
04-13-2007, 06:05 PM
It would be nice to get enough people on this to be over 1 million a day. I've put 2 x2 amd's on it. I don't want to pull any more off of wcg. I've got 3 c2d's going on riesel llr. There are some good vault points there too.

[XC] DragonOrta
04-13-2007, 06:44 PM
I'll probably be switching a Powerstream from my AMD setup that's running the cheapest s939 I could find on Newegg at 2.8ghz to my E6600 sometime over the weekend, if I have time, and that will be put on Dpad.

Once I get some money put in the bank, I might be getting the Corsair HX520 from buy.com if it's still on sale by then, so I can have all three of my systems running.

[XC] gomeler
04-14-2007, 09:59 AM
4X4N;2127769']It would be nice to get enough people on this to be over 1 million a day. I've put 2 x2 amd's on it. I don't want to pull any more off of wcg. I've got 3 c2d's going on riesel llr. There are some good vault points there too.

Well I think I'll let you guys hack at DPAD, I'll work on my projects with some guaranteed results, looking at maybe 4k-5k DC-Vault points very soon :D

[XC] 4X4N
04-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey Dragon, DO NOT BUY FROM BUY.COM!!! :slapass:

It's now my mission to make sure they go down.

[XC] gomeler
04-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Oh :banana::banana::banana::banana:, you planned on purchasing from Buy.com!?!?!? Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana: no, do not ever give them your money, ever.

[XC] gomeler
04-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Congrats guys, eyeballing the DC-Vault as always and I see the points rolling in from your collective efforts, so congrats!

[XC] riptide
04-18-2007, 01:31 AM
gomeler;2136584']Congrats guys, eyeballing the DC-Vault as always and I see the points rolling in from your collective efforts, so congrats!

Lock and Load!:woot:

KaptainBlaZzed
04-18-2007, 05:19 AM
gomeler;2129147']Oh :banana::banana::banana::banana:, you planned on purchasing from Buy.com!?!?!? Holy :banana::banana::banana::banana: no, do not ever give them your money, ever.

i saw a commercial for buy.com last night while i was watching Carlos Mencia.

[XC] DragonOrta
04-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I've only bought one thing from Buy.com, which is a passively cooled 7600gs that I use for builds in my bedroom. It didn't go so bad, but I've heard quite an amount of trouble others have had, especially Gomeler.

glennpat
04-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I added 3 cores to DPAD today. They're a little faster than the sad little lonely core that I had on here. I also added one to RieselSieve LLR. We passed 3 teams in RieselSieve Sieve. I was waiting for this day so I could move some off of Sieve.

[XC] 4X4N
04-18-2007, 02:15 PM
It has been a good last couple of days in the vault. We moved up another spot in riesel llr, a couple in dpad, and 3 in riesel sieving. You have been kicking some ass in the sieving glenn :toast:

In a little over two weeks we should be up to 9th in llr. Then I think I try out the sob sieving. We really need some more points there.

glennpat
04-18-2007, 03:52 PM
4X4N;2137863']It has been a good last couple of days in the vault. We moved up another spot in riesel llr, a couple in dpad, and 3 in riesel sieving. You have been kicking some ass in the sieving glenn :toast:

In a little over two weeks we should be up to 9th in llr. Then I think I try out the sob sieving. We really need some more points there.

Our team has been doing really well :banana:. I have noticed Moneybee has been nice steady gainer for us. We have points coming from lots of places to helps us get to 9th.

[XC] gomeler
04-18-2007, 08:26 PM
4X4N;2137863']It has been a good last couple of days in the vault. We moved up another spot in riesel llr, a couple in dpad, and 3 in riesel sieving. You have been kicking some ass in the sieving glenn :toast:

I've started work on SOB Sieve, just finishing up the 8T of PSP S ranges I have reserved :p: Once PSP S is done, then I'll be doing WCG + SOB S fulltime. SOB S is really easy, just reserve a huge range and come back in a month.

jimwah
04-20-2007, 03:28 AM
OK I'm in :) I wanted to just run the screensaver on one core of a C2D here, but running the screensaver just gives a blank screen - same with the muon1 executable. Running the background exe uses 50% cpu (I set threads to 1) as expected, and Muon:banana::banana::banana::banana:pit says it's running OK, but I'd still quite like to see this screensaver; any ideas? I'm at 1440x900 here, widescreen problem? I tried setting the res manually in config.txt, but no luck.

edit - rofl I didn't swear, the prog is called muon c0ckpit :D

KaptainBlaZzed
04-20-2007, 05:17 AM
just run muon1.exe from windows not the dos command prompt.

it will show some crazy stuff.

jimwah
04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Hmm crazy stuff sounds cool :D Well it appears to be running well as a background app & playing nicely with fah on the other core, so I will leave this rig as it is - and have a play with the screensaver on an a64 over the weekend.

KaptainBlaZzed
04-24-2007, 07:14 PM
DragonOrta, Riptide

Where did you go, we were getting some good work done?:stick:

I want you back.:mad:

KB

[XC] riptide
04-24-2007, 11:05 PM
DragonOrta, Riptide

Where did you go, we were getting some good work done?:stick:

I want you back.:mad:

KB

XS_THE_MACHINE has called. However I have 2 machines still running it. expect a large dump in about 3-4 days.

KaptainBlaZzed
05-01-2007, 05:57 AM
1,000,000 points yesterday :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

[XC] DragonOrta
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
w00t! Awesome milestone there. I'm sure that Riptide and I will be back once the May XSTM vs. XSTA competition is over with.

I can only stay out of the Vault for so long before it calls me back in. :D

And hopefully my production won't be so far behind Riptide's when I join back up. Should have all of the quirks ironed out of this Q6600 by then.

[XC] riptide
05-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Dragon.... I'll have my second Quad by then. Touche.... 3rd quad is due next month. :)

Troy... Well done on #1st... although you had it easy.

Paladin
05-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Switched many over to join the team push. Only limited by noise & heat at the moment which are at odds with each other since it's cool at night, but wife wants it quiet. House empty in the day, but it's been hot. :p:

KaptainBlaZzed
05-04-2007, 05:16 AM
Switched many over to join the team push. Only limited by noise & heat at the moment which are at odds with each other since it's cool at night, but wife wants it quiet. House empty in the day, but it's been hot. :p:

Thanks for the help

KaptainBlaZzed
05-09-2007, 05:34 AM
I have no clue what this is for, but i am #1:banana: :banana:

[XC] 4X4N
05-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Nice Kaptain :thumbsup: I don't know what it is either. I just put one of my rigs back on.

KaptainBlaZzed
05-11-2007, 04:28 PM
DPAD stats are back up

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dpad2&team=XtremeSystems

[XC] riptide
05-12-2007, 03:52 AM
DPAD stats are back up

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=dpad2&team=XtremeSystems

Not on FREE-DC Kap. Look at last upload date at the top of the page. :)

KaptainBlaZzed
05-12-2007, 02:23 PM
riptide;2185470']Not on FREE-DC Kap. Look at last upload date at the top of the page. :)

They look like they are working to me, updated 30 minutes ago.:clap:

[XC] riptide
05-12-2007, 02:29 PM
They look like they are working to me, updated 30 minutes ago.:clap:

Yes. Now they are. :)

mcflurry4321
05-30-2007, 01:15 PM
Just FYI, I've joined this fun now, although it doesn't look as popular now :(

KaptainBlaZzed
05-30-2007, 01:18 PM
thanks for the help.:welcome:

I think people will come back once the stats get sorted out.

[XC] DragonOrta
05-30-2007, 02:38 PM
I've been running it, but mostly waiting till the stats are back up to send results in.

[XC] riptide
05-30-2007, 02:39 PM
Has anyone been able to upload results yet?

[XC] DragonOrta
05-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I did today. And yesterday.

[XC] riptide
05-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Damn. I have a few megs on my work machine that need uploading., The machine seems to be realklky locked down now. I think they're on to me. The manual send does not work... rather the servers file does not populate.

USB does not work so gonna have to upload to a file share and DL outside of work. Pain in the as$$

[XC] 4X4N
05-30-2007, 03:54 PM
I have 3 dual cores on this now. Seem to be fine for me, but I see that a lot of peoples stats are still fubared. Riptide, you and DragonOrta are down a lot of points. I hope he gets it all sorted out. We have dropped down a couple of spots because of it.

[XC] DragonOrta
05-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Ah, I'm only down a bit over 3.5 million points.:rolleyes:

mcflurry4321
05-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Stats seem to be working for me, although I'm not 100% sure.

[XC] DragonOrta
05-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Well judging from what Stephen Brooks posted in this thread (http://www.stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thread=1240&start=50&bork=hatslmldfb), Riptide and I probably won't be getting our points back. :mad:

mcflurry4321
05-31-2007, 08:38 AM
DragonOrta;2222873']Well judging from what Stephen Brooks posted in this thread (http://www.stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thread=1240&start=50&bork=hatslmldfb), Riptide and I probably won't be getting our points back. :mad:

Ouch! The frequency that this project has stat problems is beginning to turn me away from it...

glennpat
05-31-2007, 01:30 PM
jimwah and riptide - The stats in your DCR sig for DPAD shows a 0. Mine has been that way for awhile and after a lot of time I just figured it out. The id was changed. For yours it looks like it should be jimwah[XS] and [XS]riptide.

In the URL to get the name it has a %5B and %5D which I didn't know what it met and is why I couldn't figure out what to do. Found that it was the code for [ and ].

I still cranking some on DPAD. DragonOrta and Riptide sorry you lost points and hope you get them back.

[XC] riptide
05-31-2007, 02:04 PM
DragonOrta;2222873']Well judging from what Stephen Brooks posted in this thread (http://www.stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thread=1240&start=50&bork=hatslmldfb), Riptide and I probably won't be getting our points back. :mad:

Son of a b1tch!

[XC] DragonOrta
05-31-2007, 02:07 PM
If Brooks decides not to bother with restoring stats, I'll just move on to a different project. I'm not taking a risk on him again.

[XC] riptide
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM
After all the F-ing effort i went through to get a bit of attention on this F-ing project.... Son OF A B!TCH! Man I need to count to ten....

mcflurry4321
05-31-2007, 02:40 PM
DragonOrta;2223508']If Brooks decides not to bother with restoring stats, I'll just move on to a different project. I'm not taking a risk on him again.

riptide;2223565']After all the F-ing effort i went through to get a bit of attention on this F-ing project.... Son OF A B!TCH! Man I need to count to ten....

I know I am new on this project and haven't spent much time on it, but I agree wholeheartedly. If you guys don't get your points back I'm done with this too.

[XC] riptide
05-31-2007, 02:46 PM
Anyone more familiar with the DC-VAULT than me? Does this latest twist rule DPAD out of the Vault as a standing project? Will Team Ninja delete them?

[XC] DragonOrta
05-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't think that it will affect Dpads standing in the Vault, but I could be wrong.

[XC] riptide
05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Well hey Dragon. Look on the bright side... you have some amount to catch me now :lol: :lol: :rofl: HAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

[XC] 4X4N
05-31-2007, 04:10 PM
I just read the latest of that thread. Who the f--- is AETiglathPZ? Does he think the stats don't matter? These guys are fooling themselves if they think people will keep running their project if they don't make sure the stats are correct. I just put half my machines on this right when the stats went bad. If they go bad again and I lose as much as rip and dragon did, I'll be pissed. I don't know, what does everyone think about continuing on this project?

[XC] riptide
05-31-2007, 04:15 PM
Well I'm pissed. I'd need some proof that Brooks is doing something to prevent all this happening again.

[XC] 4X4N
05-31-2007, 04:23 PM
I'm thinking the same. I'm going to move everything over to eon. Looks like the machine is going to have a big piece of eon pie tomorrow :D

mcflurry4321
05-31-2007, 05:26 PM
riptide;2223710']Well I'm pissed. I'd need some proof that Brooks is doing something to prevent all this happening again.

Agreed 100%

I get the feeling that he is trying, but he seems to be really busy with other things. This project doesn't seem to be his priority.

[XC] DragonOrta
05-31-2007, 09:49 PM
riptide;2223624']Well hey Dragon. Look on the bright side... you have some amount to catch me now :lol: :lol: :rofl: HAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

It's not DragonOrta you have to look out for this time. :D

KaptainBlaZzed
06-01-2007, 05:36 AM
I will continue to run it for now. Steven is trying to restore the stats, but is having problems. They are MUCH closer to being correct than they were 1 week ago.

plus i am very close to my goal for being in the top 100:up:

[XC] riptide
06-01-2007, 05:46 AM
I will continue to run it for now. Steven is trying to restore the stats, but is having problems. They are MUCH closer to being correct than they were 1 week ago.

plus i am very close to my goal for being in the top 100:up:

Ya... well a bit closer. I think the stats that were nuked were stats of old work not more current work.

jimwah
06-01-2007, 06:47 AM
WTH is wrong with ppl on some of these project boards :shakes:

Thanks for the heads up on the stats sig glennpat I'll have a tinker with it when I get a minute or two - I've fallen away from dpad for now as I try to muster strength to avoid a 'baggin from Windforce on f@h - but I like(d) the project & will hopefully find a few spare cores to throw back on it, if the team is sticking with it.

[XC] 4X4N
06-01-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey Riptide, did you see the latest post from Stephen Brooks? He says that maybe we would be happier running another project. Well, for me anyway, he's going to get his wish.

Too bad though. I like running this project. It doesn't need much monitoring and also doesn't heat up my systems like the math projects.

[XC] riptide
06-01-2007, 03:07 PM
4X4N;2225510']Hey Riptide, did you see the latest post from Stephen Brooks? He says that maybe we would be happier running another project. Well, for me anyway, he's going to get his wish.

Too bad though. I like running this project. It doesn't need much monitoring and also doesn't heat up my systems like the math projects.

He's said this before when the last time the stats went mad. Last time however, he was able to sort it out.

mcflurry4321
06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
I really like how this project can just run all the time, no upkeep or anything except to upload the results. So I think I'm going to keep running it on a few computers, just in case. For some reason I just don't want to stop.

[XC] DragonOrta
06-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Yeah, it's a project that I love to run in the background of other projects like EoN, which don't always have work to do, because it gets out of the way of everything when set to Background priority.

I'll probably keep running it.

[XC] riptide
06-04-2007, 03:37 AM
My stats are back closer.

Dragon, go into the thread linked in that link you gave above and state your claim.

[XC] DragonOrta
06-04-2007, 06:37 PM
I got all but ~5k points back on my account, so I am back to being happy about this project. :D

glennpat
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I was gone for a few days and had powered my computers down while I was gone. There back up now. I sure hated to power them off.

[XC] riptide
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Ya. Seems like he got it sorted in the end. Thankfully. Well done Stephen!

[XC] riptide
07-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmmm... is stats probs back. I see Free-DC has a frozen page for a day or 2 now.

EDIT: http://stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thread=1258&bork=xiplxzvtcmAhhh its only a power out...

[XC] riptide
10-29-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm trying to hold off the 'Knights Who Say Ni' Team. I seem to be doing ok, however they are only one day behind if I stop. I'm close to max here, given that a power supply has nuked itself and replacement won't be here till Wednesday. Help!!! :)

leviathon-nz
10-29-2007, 02:26 AM
I'll shove some stuff back on it but i only have one comp and about 4 projects running at the moment. I've been working on slowing down our slide in primegrid plus doing some sieving so i might put the sieving on hold for a bit.

[XC] riptide
10-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Nice. Just seen you on the last update.

[XC] DragonOrta
10-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Put my q6600 back on it running 2 instances.

[XC] riptide
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Good man DO. I seem to recollect you saying before that you were going to overtake me at some point :D

[XC] 4X4N
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Sorry Riptide, I would help but I'm going to focus on a few medical apps for a while. I will come back and help out with some vault stuff again though. :)

[XC] riptide
10-30-2007, 05:50 AM
4X4N;2521394']Sorry Riptide, I would help but I'm going to focus on a few medical apps for a while. I will come back and help out with some vault stuff again though. :)

NP but somebody from 'MACHINE need to explain this ..... http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=dpadWe Dropped 700k in points today :mad: :mad: God dammit KWSN overpassed us !!!!!

KaptainBlaZzed
10-30-2007, 09:30 AM
riptide;2522699']NP but somebody from 'MACHINE need to explain this ..... http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=dpadWe Dropped 700k in points today :mad: :mad: God dammit KWSN overpassed us !!!!!

GRRR:mad: :mad: :mad: Who did that??????

I have moved my woodcrest system back to DPAD.

leviathon-nz
10-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Im hoping that thats a stats bug because I dont see how it would be possible for it to lose 700000 points in one go:confused:

[XC] riptide
10-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Im hoping that thats a stats bug because I dont see how it would be possible for it to lose 700000 points in one go:confused:

I've asked the question on the forum. Awaiting reply.

[XC] DragonOrta
10-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm the one crunching DPAD for THE MACHINE, and I have no idea what happened with that...

glennpat
10-30-2007, 02:19 PM
I see another user flyingass from "ARS Technica - Team Atomic Milkshake" lost around 300,000 points today.

[XC] riptide
11-01-2007, 04:49 AM
Well... according to Stephen you submitted duplicate results to the tune of 700k :rolleyes: Were you manually uploading or was it auto send?

[XC] DragonOrta
11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I posted over in the forum about it. there were a few days that I would manually update every few hours, just to see how much I was doing in a single day.

I guess it sent the same results in a few times... :upset:

[XC] riptide
11-01-2007, 04:45 PM
DragonOrta;2527711']I posted over in the forum about it. there were a few days that I would manually update every few hours, just to see how much I was doing in a single day.

I guess it sent the same results in a few times... :upset:

NOOB!!!! :ROTF: :clap:

[XC] DragonOrta
11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
riptide;2528494']NOOB!!!! :ROTF: :clap:

Thanks for the support Neil...

:p: :p: :p:

[XC] riptide
11-01-2007, 06:43 PM
DragonOrta;2528704']Thanks for the support Neil...

:p: :p: :p:

Sorry Dragon. A lot of people could be affected by this Duplicate searching he's doing. My network was crap for a long time. I used to get all sorts or retrys on the manual upload. Thees still 100's of KB;s of dead result upload binaries hanging around the DPAD folders that just never got uploaded also.

KaptainBlaZzed
11-03-2007, 06:07 AM
GRRRRR:mad: :mad: :mad:

i lost 150K

i never used the manual send, i always use the auto send.

IF I submitted multiple results it is the clients fault.

[XC] riptide
12-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm putting some effort into DPAD recently. If we got literally a few days with a few folks on this we could ninja overtake teh KNights. I've got 2.2 million last 7 days. We are less than 2 million fromt eh knights and their work is a little scattered. I say we nuke them!

glennpat
12-08-2007, 01:33 PM
riptide;2613136']I'm putting some effort into DPAD recently. If we got literally a few days with a few folks on this we could ninja overtake teh KNights. I've got 2.2 million last 7 days. We are less than 2 million fromt eh knights and their work is a little scattered. I say we nuke them!

I noticed a couple of days ago you were doing some major crunching on DPAD. I was waiting for SIMAP to run out of work to help, but I have now added some to DPAD now. Great work on DPAD!

KaptainBlaZzed
12-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I also notice your work on DPAD. Like glen i was waiting for us to pass rechenKraft and Team Ninja in PSP-Proth.
We passed rechenkraft today :woot: :woot: and the Ninjas are only 5 more days away.

I put one of my Q's on DPAP a couple of hours ago, but it is splitting the computer with eon right now.

I say we also go for [AVE], they are only 5 million points ahead of the knights.
I will put 3 quads on DPAD as soon as we pass the Ninjas in PSP-Proth. Till then all i have to offer is one.

[XC] riptide
12-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Well I reconnected the net and I can see a steady outflow of Muon work. Lets hope It adds to something later on.

glennpat
12-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I have 6 cores on DPAD sharing with EON. I will be adding a little more soon. Lets have a DPAD party! :party:

KaptainBlaZzed
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Way to go Riptide 1,000,000 points in DPAD today.:shocked:

:shock: :shock: :CTF: :CTF: :frag:

:toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

[XC] riptide
12-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Way to go Riptide 1,000,000 points in DPAD today.:shocked:

:shock: :shock: :CTF: :CTF: :frag:

:toast2: :toast2: :toast2: :toast2:

I'd just like to say this. I don't think I really got 1million points in one day. Something must be awry.. Although I was underscoring for a while....

EDIT: Either way we nuked the Knights. :D

[XC] riptide
12-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Damn could be another 500k day for me. The scoring is a little funny. Stephen said he'll check my results for Duplicates tomorrow... so heres hoping. :D

[XC] riptide
12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Looks like my results are legit. :) Nice.

KaptainBlaZzed
12-17-2007, 01:52 PM
riptide;2635135']Looks like my results are legit. :) Nice.

Good to hear:clap:

[XC] riptide
12-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Looks like we'll be moving up to #12th shortly. But MAN the 11th is like double our entire score. That will be a while. I might move onto something else after this pass.

glennpat
12-24-2007, 07:09 PM
You made it to 12th Riptide! :cheer: :YIPPIE: :cheer: Nice Work!

[XC] gomeler
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
After my 2 month hiatus I'm back into the DC-Vault race. Have 6 cores here that'll be working on DPAD, 2 24/7 and 4 whenever I'm not reviewing hardware. Seems like 1 client doesn't max out a quad so I've got 2 clients running, so far so good :up:

[XC] riptide
03-05-2008, 11:48 AM
gomeler;2818455']After my 2 month hiatus I'm back into the DC-Vault race. Have 6 cores here that'll be working on DPAD, 2 24/7 and 4 whenever I'm not reviewing hardware. Seems like 1 client doesn't max out a quad so I've got 2 clients running, so far so good :up:

Gomeler. You'll be needing 4 clients to properly max the Quad. One set to each core. And yes you have to set affinities.

[XC] gomeler
03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
riptide;2818477']Gomeler. You'll be needing 4 clients to properly max the Quad. One set to each core. And yes you have to set affinities.

Really? 2 clients are running at 100% with it occasionally dipping to 99%. Might as well fire up 2 more though :shrug:

[XC] riptide
03-09-2008, 04:06 PM
I don't see any results yet?

skycrane
03-15-2008, 05:28 PM
ive just started back with DPAD... hope to see some results soon

[XC] riptide
03-16-2008, 01:30 PM
For XS or US Distributed? ;)

[XC] gomeler
03-16-2008, 05:06 PM
How the heck do I put my results under XS? Any help with that and I can get my current results, 115,000, put under XS. Was just about 18 hours of work, desktop is in pieces for part reviews.

[XC] riptide
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
gomeler;2845755']How the heck do I put my results under XS? Any help with that and I can get my current results, 115,000, put under XS. Was just about 18 hours of work, desktop is in pieces for part reviews.

LOL. You have to create a 'user.txt' file. It needs your name with a [XS] tag in front of it. Mine for example is [XS]riptide. This 'user.txt' file has to exist in the DPAD folder along with the rest of the files. If you have already submitted the results... well maybe they have been uploaded as Anonomous.???

[XC] riptide
03-16-2008, 06:11 PM
riptide;1797986']Yes.! Same with HT on a P4 It takes it all over. Very aggressive approach in my opinion. Just adjust the priorities and affinity for your liking ;)

Wes- Since your on dialup, do you want me to send details on no-internet setup or internet setup?

Anyways I'll make this public for everyone to see, if thats ok.. any questions then send PM ok with you?

1) Download the compressed folder v443d.rar from the dl section of the muon1 website. Extract said archive.

2) First off users.txt file. Put in your name either followed or trailed by [XS]

Mine for example is [XS]riptide

Thats it... when you upload results later ... you will be on the team.

3) If you have no internet (or slow dialup, Wes ;) ) but you can upload in your own time or from work on a memory stick (US: Thumb drive :rolleyes: )
Run the batch file 'config_nonet.bat'
If you have net run the batch 'config_net.bat'
Now on to the config file. I'm gonna attach mine in this post. It is setup for no-net/sneakernetting. Most of the options are self explanatary anyways, but its quicker to copy/paste my file :cool:
You can leave the config file alone if you have 'always on' net.

And thats it... run either muon1.exe if you want to see the schitt happening on screen. Looks good by the way. Pretty project.
But run muon1_background for well.... background running.

Your reults will be generated into a results.txt and copied to a results.dat file.

Now for sneakernetting the results back up... copy the folder totally onto a pendrive. And when you want to upload results... you transfer (cut and paste) the results.txt file to the pendrive folder everytime, and off you go to a DSL connection or whatever and run manualsend.bat

. PS: it still works ok on dialup, but if you have always on at work... use that.

^^^^^^^^^^ In this same thread Gomeler ^^^^^^^^ :yepp: :up:

[XC] gomeler
03-19-2008, 04:16 PM
In the process of sorting this out. I had created a user, just didn't realize I had to put [xs] in front of the name *doh*

skycrane
03-23-2008, 07:22 AM
riptide;2845358']For XS or US Distributed? ;)

oh yea, real funny... lol http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/shocked.gif
:shocked:

im working on moving my stats to here...... hope to see yall soon

skycrane

[XC] riptide
03-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Good. ;)

[XC] riptide
05-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I hope you nOObs are downloading sample files on a regular basis? :para: ?? Might give more points and better results?

I see Kapt. Blazz has good muon percentages overall.

KaptainBlaZzed
05-28-2008, 06:30 AM
riptide;3017155']I hope you nOObs are downloading sample files on a regular basis? :para: ?? Might give more points and better results?

I see Kapt. Blazz has good muon percentages overall.

I am on a small dpad push. I am tired of the BOINC projects for now.

[XC] riptide
05-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I combined loads of results files to send in one go... ended up screwing it up..... :rolleyes: Lost some pointage there...

KaptainBlaZzed
05-28-2008, 04:50 PM
I am going 100% DPAD for a while, MW@Home went down again today.

[XC] riptide
05-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Cool. I say we take on the KNights again. This time I won't phuck up 150-200k worth of results files. :(

AS to my earlier post (which you didn't answer :) ) Are you downloading updated best results? You should! The client doesn't do it itself. Has to be manually done. May give you more points. they are put on the stephen Brooks site eavery day. You DL them and manually add them into your results.dat files. It seems to be a iteration like process. Carrying out simulaitons with the best results leads to even better results. :up:

[XC] riptide
05-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Troy. Me, you and some other guy are tied for 1st Place in the best results, in percentage terms for Linac88MHz900MeV1 :D
# Username v4.4 results Mpts Best muon percentage Hours since last active
1. [XS]KaptainBlaZzed 1466 1`825710.6 (0.900%) 2.483136 6
2. [NorwayDC]Berserk Tux 270 377301.0 (0.186%) 2.483136 1
3. [XS]riptide 368 181377.5 (0.0894%) 2.483136 2

skycrane
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
HEY.... you forgot about me....
9. Skycrane[XS] 1834 2`131941.1 (1.05%) 2.475869

KaptainBlaZzed
05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
riptide;3023850']Troy. Me, you and some other guy are tied for 1st Place in the best results, in percentage terms for Linac88MHz900MeV1 :D
# Username v4.4 results Mpts Best muon percentage Hours since last active
1. [XS]KaptainBlaZzed 1466 1`825710.6 (0.900%) 2.483136 6
2. [NorwayDC]Berserk Tux 270 377301.0 (0.186%) 2.483136 1
3. [XS]riptide 368 181377.5 (0.0894%) 2.483136 2

sweet, i am also tied for #1 with this WU Linac88MHz900MeV6.:up:

"AS to my earlier post (which you didn't answer ) Are you downloading updated best results?"

never done that before.:shrug:

[XC] riptide
05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
sweet, i am also tied for #1 with this WU Linac88MHz900MeV6.:up:

"AS to my earlier post (which you didn't answer ) Are you downloading updated best results?"

never done that before.:shrug:

Ya. Thst what the leets do. Download the optimized files. I'll be joining you soon hopefully on V6 also. :D

Well done SKycrane.

http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/faq/

" // Sample Results Files
What? Sometimes I produce files called this. They contain a selection of results, including many of the best ones, from the current stage of the project. If you add them to your database, Muon1 will be able to use this information to produce better designs.

How do I use the sample file? Decompress it if necessary and either use it to replace your results.dat, or edit your results.dat in WordPad and append the new results (being careful not to merge lines). The latter option will mean Muon1 can use your old results as well as the downloaded ones, so is a better choice.

Why doesn't this file just contain the top 100 results? The very best results at any one time in the project can be quite similar. It is better for the algorithm not to be swamped by repeats of the same good result, which can drown out other possibilities that still need to be explored.

"

glennpat
05-31-2008, 06:40 AM
Nice job on DPAD!

I am in this with a little bit. I've upated my results.dat file after reading your posts. I'll add some more later after we pass a couple of teams in RieselSieve LLR.

Paladin
05-31-2008, 08:43 AM
There are two sample files available for d/l, both with the same date. Which is the correct one? :confused:
Linac88MHz900MeV6 (http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/linac88mhz900mev6_100.txt)
Linac88MHz900MeV1 (http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/linac88mhz900mev1_100.txt)

P.S. Milkyway was doing more than just server-down for me, it started giving computation errors & WU that never ended.

[XC] riptide
05-31-2008, 08:53 AM
There are two sample files available for d/l, both with the same date. Which is the correct one? :confused:
Linac88MHz900MeV6 (http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/linac88mhz900mev6_100.txt)
Linac88MHz900MeV1 (http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/linac88mhz900mev1_100.txt)

P.S. Milkyway was doing more than just server-down for me, it started giving computation errors & WU that never ended.

BOTH if you want. Combine them into the existing results.dat or combine them into its own and call it results.dat.

Didn't think you'd be interested again, Paladin.:p:;)

Paladin
05-31-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm still unhappy about 1/4 of my pts diappearing like Brigadoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brigadoon), but I still don't like BOINC's random benchmark (invariably right when you're playing a game to make sure you get an unfairly small point return for the rest of the week) and I'm a team player, so I'll help with a push.

Already passed the easily passable in Riesel Sieve (http://stats4.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=rsi&team=454), so time for a project change again to maximize points/day. [Gads, I'm such a stats whore!]

Paladin
05-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Neither Wordpad nor Sun Office would let me manipulate the 39mb results file so I did the following:

copy results.dat+linac88mhz900mev1_100.txt+linac88mhz90 0mev6_100.txt new.txt

Then backed up the old results.dat, deleted it, and renamed new.txt to results.dat

Seems to be working.

KaptainBlaZzed
06-04-2008, 06:28 AM
we passed the Knights Who Say Ni.:yepp:

Way to go team.:clap::up:

[XC] riptide
06-05-2008, 11:45 AM
^^^ Yep. Faster than I thought :)

[XC] riptide
06-05-2008, 09:19 PM
The Knights have folded (EDIT: pun unintentional:) ) some what... Zero the past few days. And so has AMD Users just ahead of us. :) Good going. A nice killing was had.

glennpat
06-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I am still half a day away of getting some of my cores off of RisselSieve LLR, before I put them on here. I got 754 vault points on SOB sieve today. Their "next range" just started moving again so some of my factors found via p-1 factoring got upgraded from 35 points to over 3 million each.

KaptainBlaZzed
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I am still half a day away of getting some of my cores off of RisselSieve LLR, before I put them on here. I got 754 vault points on SOB sieve today. Their "next range" just started moving again so some of my factors found via p-1 factoring got upgraded from 35 points to over 3 million each.

good to hear.:up:

i am in the process of upgrading my moms computer to a Q6700, so i will have a new quad soon. Plus i will not have to pay the electricity bill for it.:yepp:

[XC] riptide
06-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Well done Glen. i can see some MASSIVE scores been tallied to your name in SOB sieve.

Troy.. Pity my mum doesn't want a PC. She wouldn't spend Xmas on electricity. She only got a Cellular recently. :shock:. My granmother is more tech than she is.

KaptainBlaZzed
06-07-2008, 08:42 PM
AMD Users have fallen.:up:

way to go team.

[XC] riptide
06-09-2008, 07:55 PM
http://stephenbrooks.org/forum/?thread=1347&bork=gjyozrzrzu

Stephen will be out of the office for a few days. that means theres a chance (given the history) that schit will hit the fan with results etc. Might want to do someting else in the interim. LOL

[XC] riptide
06-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Well done to KaptainBlazzed and Skycrane. 1st and 2nd respectively for muon % yields for Linac88MHz900MeV1.

glennpat
06-19-2008, 05:54 PM
I moved some cores off this for the NPLB 3 day rally that starts on Friday. I left 4 cores on DPAD.

KaptainBlaZzed
06-20-2008, 05:12 AM
I moved some cores off this for the NPLB 3 day rally that starts on Friday. I left 4 cores on DPAD.

I am currently enjoying the lack of babysitting DPAD requires. I will continue to run it till i reach at least 50 million.

[XC] riptide
06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Looks like I got 1st for PhaseRotEb6a :D

1. [XS]riptide 4556 2`266436.6 (5.57%) 3.483359 4
3. [TA]JonB 2408 1`201720.5 (2.95%) 3.479750 277
7. [DPC]McPhisto 3946 321830.4 (0.791%) 3.479719 678

2nd for PhaseRotEby5a

1. penrose 745 267852.1 (0.869%) 2.677150 579
2. [XS]riptide 4618 2`103312.1 (6.82%) 2.674782 4

and 3rd for PhaseRotEb1a

2. [DPC]SCSIFREAK 624 280504.0 (0.905%) 3.354778 544
3. [DPC]racingfreak 538 210678.8 (0.679%) 3.354631 198
5. [XS]riptide 4778 1`927443.9 (6.22%) 3.354169 4

Now its time to concentrate on the current optimizations. Linac. ;)

[XC] riptide
07-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Right. Seems I might take a break form DPAD and head back to SoB for a while. Seems Reckencraft fancy their chances and are currently less than a week away. This will not do.

glennpat
07-19-2008, 05:57 AM
Congrats to KaptainBlaZzed for hitting 50,000,000 on DPAD. :YIPPIE:

[XC] riptide
07-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Well done Troy! :woot:

vaio
07-19-2008, 08:20 AM
My daughter keeps thinking dnet is Muon on account of the cow :D

[XC] riptide
07-19-2008, 08:21 AM
^^^ hahHAHHA Thats funny. HAHAH "MU-ON" oh dear

glennpat
07-20-2008, 10:48 AM
riptide;3146326']Right. Seems I might take a break form DPAD and head back to SoB for a while. Seems Reckencraft fancy their chances and are currently less than a week away. This will not do.

Nice work on DPAD. I see you did over 10,000,000 in the last 28 days. You guys gave us a huge lead over the team behind us and help close the super big gap to the next team. Have some fun on SoB.

[XC] riptide
07-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Nice work on DPAD. I see you did over 10,000,000 in the last 28 days. You guys gave us a huge lead over the team behind us and help close the super big gap to the next team. Have some fun on SoB.

Yep and we also got the project moving forward with consistent high percentages of Muon on teh Linac simulations. :up:

KaptainBlaZzed
07-20-2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats to KaptainBlaZzed for hitting 50,000,000 on DPAD. :YIPPIE:

riptide;3151239']Well done Troy! :woot:

Thanks guys.

I will be leaving my computers on dpad for now, i am really liking the lack of supervision it requires as my main interest has moved from DC for now.

glennpat
08-30-2008, 09:05 AM
I added 7 cores to DPAD yesterday.

KaptainBlaZzed
09-01-2008, 03:56 PM
I added 7 cores to DPAD yesterday.

11th place will be ours in no time.:up:

KaptainBlaZzed
09-03-2008, 06:55 AM
We are about to be overtaken by the Knights who say Ni.

We need more firepower. :CTF:

Paladin
09-07-2008, 06:36 AM
+6 cores

glennpat
09-08-2008, 01:38 PM
+6 cores

Your results are coming in:). I have a bunch of cores on here now, so my output should be increasing.

glennpat
11-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Nice work in DPAD! Had a 164 vault point gain today. I see from my last post I had put some cores on here, but I had taken them off a long time ago.

KaptainBlaZzed
12-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Nice work in DPAD! Had a 164 vault point gain today. I see from my last post I had put some cores on here, but I had taken them off a long time ago.

That is me. I have been running 100% DPAD since Docking@Home was not sending out work.

glennpat
12-15-2008, 09:30 AM
I put one core on this a couple of days ago, but I'm going to add a little more.

KaptainBlaZzed
12-15-2008, 11:16 AM
I put one core on this a couple of days ago, but I'm going to add a little more.

good to hear
anybody else interested in helping.:stick:
This is a VERY low maintenance project. Start it and forget it.

I will be continuing my current pace to at least 100 million points.

Paladin
12-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Added 4 cores. (DNet stats stuck)

[XC] 4X4N
12-18-2008, 06:38 PM
I put a quad back on this for a while.

KaptainBlaZzed
12-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Team Norway will pass us in 15 days.:shocked:

Lets pick up the pace and :shoot: them.

[XC] riptide
12-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Pushed to 19 days now. I eventually got some points added... more to come. ;)

KaptainBlaZzed
12-24-2008, 06:35 AM
I am leaving today, Wednesday the 24th and will not be back until Sunday January 4th. I plan on leaving all my machines on during my break and hope to see my self at 100 million points when I return.

Hold the fort down for me.

KB.

glennpat
12-25-2008, 08:53 AM
I am leaving today, Wednesday the 24th and will not be back until Sunday January 4th. I plan on leaving all my machines on during my break and hope to see my self at 100 million points when I return.

Hold the fort down for me.

KB.

We'll hold the fort down. We have 6 XtremeSystems members that had turned in points today. Maybe we'll get a 1 million point day today.

[XC] riptide
12-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Do you guys download new sample results files every so often from http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/ ? Helps optimize the results better if you download both curent best sample results and combine them into a new 'results.dat' in teh DPAD folder. I use a little batch script to combine them instead of messing around with notepad.

@echo off
set conti=start1
goto %conti%
:start1
echo The file 'results.dat' will be created.
echo.
echo Press Ctrl C to terminate the batch job or
pause
cls
set conti=res
:res
if not exist "results.dat" goto file
echo The file 'results.dat' could not be restored
echo since it is already in the directory.
echo.
goto end
:file
echo The file 'results.dat' is being restored.
echo.
:file1
set file="linac900removable3_100.txt"
set conti=file2
goto check
:file2
set file="linac900removable12_100.txt"
set conti=finish
:check
if exist %file% goto copy
echo File %file% is not found.
echo Please make sure that the file %file% is present in the same directory.
echo.
echo Press Ctrl C to terminate the batch job or
pause
goto check
:copy
echo Creating %file% ...
if %conti% == file2 goto firstfile
copy /B "results.dat" + %file% "results.dat" > nul
goto %conti%
:firstfile
copy /B %file% "results.dat" > nul
goto %conti%
:finish
cls
set conti=finish1
goto pic
:finish1
echo The file 'results.dat' has been created.
echo.
:end
echo The downloaded sample results will be deleted.
echo.
echo Press Ctrl C to keep them or
pause
del "linac900removable12_100.txt"
del "linac900removable3_100.txt"
echo.
echo Downloaded files have been deleted...

Paladin
12-27-2008, 06:53 AM
'Cept that script requires that you dump your own results.dat. Thought I read that's not a good idea.