PDA

View Full Version : What Multimeter??

neologan
04-13-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey, I've decided to Vdd-mod my NF7-S 1.2 and can't work out what multimeter to get...

Anyone have any recomendation on the cheapest "usable" one from Maplin?

Cheers :-)

neologan

BrainStorm
04-18-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by pc ice
yes radio shack they have two different kind i use at the same time there both digital and i like them ........

you can tell if its a good one if you can check the ohms your body. touch red to right finger and black to left finger. with the meter on the ohm position. i give off about 1.351 mega ohms my self.

Internal resistance may vary from person to person and even for the same person depending mainly on how oily your skin is at the time you check. So I wouldn't use that standing alone as a test of how accurate a DMM is unless you can also at the same time test your internal resistance on a much costlier model and compare the two.

If you are someplace where you can actually test, I would suggest a better way would be to have a resistor of a known resistance with you, and check the reading on the DMM you're thinking of buying.

I bought a really cheap ($17US) DMM by a company called Mastech (Model Number MAS830L) at a local electronics store. Compared the reading later against a $80 techtronics DMM and the numbers were quite close. So I was quite happy.