PDA

View Full Version : Crunching for WCG and XS

[XC] ruane
09-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Hey, i'm a new member to XS, and I have decided to start crunching for WCG, hope this is OK, and i hope to contribute to the team!

Ruan

rob725
09-12-2006, 08:05 AM
It's more than ok! Welcome aboard. Let us know if you need any help with anything.

Firechicken
09-12-2006, 08:14 AM
Right on, I hope you feel welcome here at XS. This is a really great bunch of guys here, we like to have a little fun on the MB but we also get focused and serious when we need to aswell. Some of the best guys in the world with the hardware here so I'm sure you'll find all the help you need. Thanks for joining the XS WCG team.

Michael & Lisa.

[XC] leviathan18
09-12-2006, 08:18 AM
thanks for joining the team feel like home :toast: the fridge is full of beer so sit and enjoy

[XC] ruane
09-12-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! I will hopefully pluck up the courage soon and find some questions I need answering!

Ruan

Firechicken
09-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Is that the rig you're gonna be running in the sig? or do you have some others planned in the future? We appreciate everything you have to put in, questions? thats the easy part, fire away and someone will have you set up in no time.

Michael.

brot
09-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Thank you for joining :) We can really need every kHz in here, and it seems you got plenty of them ;)

Have fun and a good time...

[XC]melymel
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Don't know how I overlooked this thread but :welcome: ruan! feel free to ask any questions you need help with, the guys around here are very helpfull and wont rip your head off for any question no matter the simplicity ;).

:toast:

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-12-2006, 10:50 AM
feel free to ask any questions you need help with, the guys around here are very helpfull and wont rip your head off for any question no matter the simplicity ;). :toast:

Got to watch for the stray teabag'ers though :slapass:
Welcome to the club :toast: have one on me.

itznfb
09-12-2006, 10:55 AM
welcome to XS and WCG, we appreciate the help :)

RSmura
09-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Welcome, welcome and welcome. One and all. The greatest show on earth is about to begin.

Heard that somewhere before...

Martijn
09-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Welcome, welcome and welcome. One and all. The greatest show on earth is about to begin.

Heard that somewhere before...
:welcome:

Hmm, D2OL, Rosetta? :D

DAK1640
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
ruane, it's sure is great to have you on our team !!!:toast: :woot:

v0dka
09-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard

cupra
09-12-2006, 02:46 PM
Welcome aboard ruane :toast:

A novice
09-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Wellcome to the team and thanks for joining us
Rob :thumbsup:

Movieman
09-12-2006, 02:50 PM
:welcome: Glad to have you with us. I'd ask that you use the stock Boinc client or the TruXoft client as those are the 2 that the admins at WCG would like to see used in the spirit of fairness.
Any questions feel free to yell and don't be shy.
Here there are no dumb questions, we learn from one another.

[XC] hipno650
09-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Welcome to the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!! every member and every computer is of great value to us!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you will feel at home here with us!!!!!!!!:welcome:

[XC] serlv
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey, i'm a new member to XS, and I have decided to start crunching for WCG, hope this is OK, and i hope to contribute to the team!

Ruan

Welcome to XS~WCG, ruane. Thanks for hooking up with us! It is good to have another teammate!

[XC] ruane
09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeh, Im crunching on my Athlon 64 3200+ S754, but it REFUSES to go above 236FSB atm! I'm also crunching on my laptop (1.8 Pentium M Dothan). I'm thinking of getting a Pentium D 805 for overclocking fun, and leave my Athlon 64 and a gaming rig.

I am using BOINC for WCG through recomendataion of JoshD!

Thanks again for the warm Welcomes

Ruan

[XC] riptide
09-13-2006, 01:02 AM
Got to watch for the stray teabag'ers though :slapass:

:para: :para: :hm: :hm: :para: :hehe:

WindForce
09-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Yo Ruane
Welcome:toast: , and happy crunching with the best bunch of crunching maniaks ( ask dc-maniak :-) ) worldwide :D

Movieman
09-13-2006, 01:44 AM
Yup, we have them from all over in this team..
You need to be a linguist to keep up at times!
Shalom Jaime!:D

joshd
09-13-2006, 01:51 PM
yep, thanks for joining up.

that dothan doesnt half go though. outperforms my P4... :slap:

WindForce
09-13-2006, 02:18 PM
You need to be a linguist to keep up at times!
Shalom Jaime!:D

Muy buenas Dave:p:
Salut mon pote :D

A novice
09-15-2006, 03:54 AM
:welcome: Glad to have you with us. I'd ask that you use the stock Boinc client or the TruXoft client as those are the 2 that the admins at WCG would like to see used in the spirit of fairness.
Any questions feel free to yell and don't be shy.
Here there are no dumb questions, we learn from one another.

Sorry to go OT
Are we using the standard Boinc client or are we using TruXoft optimized client.
Rob :confused:

jacque
09-15-2006, 05:25 AM
Read carefully before using.

Ignorance is actually crime. Have a basic knowledge before you want to be advanced.

http://boinc.truxoft.com/core-cal.htm

The 4th paragraph.

The goal of the feature is that the client claims fair credits for the work done. Normally, the SETI@Home reference WU, when calculated by a reference machines should result in credit of 32.32 cobblestones. Approximately the same credit should be granted for any full-length WU. Unfortunately, due to the optimized S@H applications, performing faster than anticipated, this is rarely the case - the credit may be as low as just ~5 cobblestones per standard WU. This is the reason people are hunting for clients with higher benchmarks, and some people even try to manipulate them manually. That is rather unfair, especially if the host computer works on multiple projects. The credit claimed for the work at other projects may be then far over the normal level, which is certainly not fair, should be avoided, and can even trigger alarms or bans on the project server.
If you use the core client, then you did what is unfair.

If unfairness is no bad for you, you may use of course.

But it is all natural for you to be blamed. You cannot be against this point.

Firechicken
09-15-2006, 06:51 AM
Guys, I didnt see anything here did you? prob just as well too.

A novice
09-15-2006, 07:09 AM
Jacque thank you for your reply but I particularly would have liked a reply from Movieman or a fellow team member not an outsider, anyway I am just leaving for the weekend so this will have to wait.
Rob

itznfb
09-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Sorry to go OT
Are we using the standard Boinc client or are we using TruXoft optimized client.
Rob :confused:

XS is officially running Standard BOINC client in WCG.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115489

Movieman
09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
I read up on that section yesterday that Jacque points out and he is correct.
The Truxsoft client although WCG seems to allow it, is not something that we should use.
It does inflate the benchmarks and should be used for running the SETI app only.