PDA

View Full Version : Alrighty, you bastages...

[XC] serlv
09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Screw the points, its the results that matter!

Catch me if you can! What's holding you up?

:rofl: :hammer: :rotf: :poke: :hump: :fight: :moon: :slapass: :D

Results Returned
DCManiak 4,298

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Proud member of two #1 ranked XS teams! XS~D2OL and XS~Rosetta

I am DCManiak on the XS~Rosetta team, ser on the XS~D2OL team

And what are you on WCG??? :poke: Get it in gear!

Movieman
09-11-2006, 07:37 PM

Results Returned
DCManiak 4,298
I could get sneaky and set my system for just those 1 hour WU's..
Wait, I'd be called a cheater!:rofl:

[XC] serlv
09-11-2006, 09:28 PM
I could get sneaky and set my system for just those 1 hour WU's..
Wait, I'd be called a cheater!:rofl:

Wait a minute, you are called a cheater.... :D
I wouldn't know how to cherry-pick a cherry. What I want to know is how do people get so many points pr result. If I could get as many points/result as the average on this team I'd be flying. Well, I am flying, but I'd be flying higher.

The original post was to kind of take a jab at the guys ahead of me in points. I mean, I can't thump my chest about points, so I have to find something... (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamMemberDetail.do?sort=results&teamId=69B8364XP1) :)

rob725
09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Wait a minute, you are called a cheater.... :D
What I want to know is how do people get so many points pr result.

I noticed that as well; you have massive results. I was guessing that you don't run much faah.

[XC] serlv
09-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I noticed that as well; you have massive results. I was guessing that you don't run much faah.

Well, my main interest is in Cancer. However I have both Cancer and Aids checked off. On a few boxes, with only 512 MB of RAM, I do only FAAH units. I know one thing, those Cancer jobs can bog down what would normally be considered a very fast machine. It almost seems like dualcore machines with only one GB of RAM is at a disadvantage. I've never run more than a GB on an AMD box. I do know this, 2 gigs on a C2D, makes things, even under full BOINC/WCG load operate like "butta". :)

mike047
09-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Results Returned
DCManiak 4,298

Average point per hour;

DCManiak=104.07522
Mikeo47=108.48915

:D:D:D:D

I know it won't be long before I slide down the ladder...as you BIG guns get cranked up.
So, I'll enjoy the sun now:)

[XC] serlv
09-12-2006, 05:28 PM
Average point per hour;

DCManiak=104.07522
Mikeo47=108.48915

:D:D:D:D

I know it won't be long before I slide down the ladder...as you BIG guns get cranked up.
So, I'll enjoy the sun now:)

I think you are a HUGE gun...

I don't really understand that point per hour thing. All I know is you and Rob are smoking me in points and I'm smoking you guys in results. I think you must have more GHurts working, whereas mine may be less GHurts but they're crunching faster ( average machine speed )? Not sure what's up but its' all good. WE are definitely smokin' the other teams, of that there is no doubt! :)

Cheers,
Scott

rob725
09-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't really understand that point per hour thing. All I know is you and Rob are smoking me in points and I'm smoking you guys in results. I think you must have more GHurts working, whereas mine may be less GHurts but they're crunching faster ( average machine speed )?

I can understand point/hour disparity, as that will definitely be affected by machine speed. Points/result difference should be somewhat less affected by that because of quorum, although faster machines will help pull the quorums up. I'm still thinking they must have more faah results, which because they take longer, generate more points/result.

Not sure what's up but its' all good. WE are definitely smokin' the other teams, of that there is no doubt! :)

No doubt! We passed Rochester and moved into second for points and results in the daily stats and moved up 5 spaces in all-time points.

I haven't quite figured out the wcg's global fluctuations. While it would be tempting to think our drop in absolute daily points was influenced by client change, it appears to have more to do some global effect at wcg, which mirrored our drop in points and runtime. Even though we dropped 100k, Rochester dropped 200k.

The inherent lag between returning results and getting points for them as we wait for the quorom to catch up (especially for XS) makes it a little tough to gauge. I haven't really figured out if the ResultsReturned stat reflects those we returned today (my guess) or those for which we got points today.

In either case, it would be nice to also see pending returns as a daily stat.

Also, CONGRATS for becoming our third MILLION POINT MAN! :toast: :woot:

[XC] serlv
09-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I can understand point/hour disparity, as that will definitely be affected by machine speed. Points/result difference should be somewhat less affected by that because of quorum, although faster machines will help pull the quorums up. I'm still thinking they must have more faah results, which because they take longer, generate more points/result.

No doubt! We passed Rochester and moved into second for points and results in the daily stats and moved up 5 spaces in all-time points.

I haven't quite figured out the wcg's global fluctuations. While it would be tempting to think our drop in absolute daily points was influenced by client change, it appears to have more to do some global effect at wcg, which mirrored our drop in points and runtime. Even though we dropped 100k, Rochester dropped 200k.

The inherent lag between returning results and getting points for them as we wait for the quorom to catch up (especially for XS) makes it a little tough to gauge. I haven't really figured out if the ResultsReturned stat reflects those we returned today (my guess) or those for which we got points today.

In either case, it would be nice to also see pending returns as a daily stat.

Also, CONGRATS for becoming our third MILLION POINT MAN! :toast: :woot:

Thanks, Rob. Feels good/ Also broke into the top 1000 in points and results, recently, too.

Cheers,
Scott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Point of little signifigance...

Did you know that you are Rob No.3 ,on this team?

A Novice=Rob
RSmura=Rob
rob725=Rob

There may be more, but those are the only ones I know of.

Firechicken
09-12-2006, 07:51 PM
serlv, just wanted to give you the :up: to the use of the word bastages it's such a nice word:D

And Mike047, you and the team can :slapass: me and send me for a time out for picking your prize s754 proc out of your basket and slowing you down.:D

[XC] DragonOrta
09-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Rob. Feels good/ Also broke into the top 1000 in points and results, recently, too.

Cheers,
Scott
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Point of little signifigance...

Did you know that you are Rob No.3 ,on this team?

A Novice=Rob
RSmura=Rob
rob725=Rob

There may be more, but those are the only ones I know of.
It's almost getting to be as bad a just saying Eric.:p:

[XC] serlv
09-12-2006, 11:55 PM
serlv, just wanted to give you the :up: to the use of the word bastages it's such a nice word:D

:D:toast: , Michael. Yeah, I love that word. :)

RSmura
09-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Hey, you all can start calling me Xtreme Looser instead of Rob if that avoids any of the confusion...

Firechicken
09-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey, you all can start calling me Xtreme Looser instead of Rob if that avoids any of the confusion...

Naww I think were all good with Xtreme A$$ Kicker

itznfb
09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
this comparison of the top 8 as of today is interesting.
http://www.itznfb.com/images/compare.jpg

RAMMIE, with 9 (or fewer) machines, joined the latest, and made it to top 8 already. what are you running 9 C2D's??

itznfb
09-13-2006, 09:18 AM
i just noticed that ShootStraight hit 1,000,000!!! we now have 4 guys to hit 1mil!! :woot:

rob725
09-13-2006, 11:46 AM
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Martijn
09-13-2006, 11:52 AM
i just noticed that ShootStraight hit 1,000,000!!! we now have 4 guys to hit 1mil!! :woot:
Wow!! Congrats!! :toast: :toast: :toast:

RSmura
09-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Sweet Shoot Straight!

brot
09-13-2006, 12:02 PM

:) Congratulations.

I think there may be a time where all those more "average" ( i mean average in XtremeSystems here ;) ) crunchers will hit 1,000,000. This will be pwnage !

itznfb
09-13-2006, 12:10 PM
@brot

wtf is in your avatar?! =\

brot
09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
a bread branded with the Xs logo ;)

(brot = german word, means bread in english...)

[XC]melymel
09-13-2006, 12:24 PM
a bread branded with the Xs logo ;)

(brot = german word, means bread in english...)

I've been wondering what it was too, do you like bread by any chance then? :stick: :p: , we need a new competition who can make the most original XS advertisement :cool: , maybe I could go brand a herd of cows with an XS logo :D. Anyway what was this thread about?.....

brot
09-13-2006, 12:33 PM
we need a new competition who can make the most original XS advertisement :cool:

Hey, time to get my photoshop running again. I would really love to make things like this, thank you for posting the idea.
(its a great excercise, as i have to do the layout for our pupils magazine again - we were under germanys best 5, so its a pretty high level i have to maintain :toast: )

itznfb
09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Anyway what was this thread about?.....

i believe serlv was talking smack :stick:

mike047
09-13-2006, 01:01 PM
I think you are a HUGE gun...

I don't really understand that point per hour thing. All I know is you and Rob are smoking me in points and I'm smoking you guys in results. I think you must have more GHurts working, whereas mine may be less GHurts but they're crunching faster ( average machine speed )? Not sure what's up but its' all good. WE are definitely smokin' the other teams, of that there is no doubt! :)

Cheers,
Scott

I'll tell you who the HUGE gun is;

Shoot Straight, if and when we can get his QMC rigs to WCG, I believe he will be the top producer. The man has some NICE equipment:D

Got Chow
09-13-2006, 01:11 PM
6800+ results!

Wait... crap... I've been there for over a year though. :D

RAMMIE
09-13-2006, 01:15 PM
RAMMIE, with 9 (or fewer) machines, joined the latest, and made it to top 8 already. what are you running 9 C2D's??

my machines can be seen at the stat sites.Not hidden.You goota realize I come from OCn' and tweaking background.

E6600
E6300
Opty 175
X2 3800
FX-57
FX-55
AMD64-4000

By the way,what's an itznfb?

ShootStraight
09-13-2006, 01:24 PM
While I might be able to run with the pack, I'm not huge by any stretch. Thanks for the mention though.:toast: Ive definitely done some serious adding and upgrading though.

I think the secret to my success is the apple opti's. In short they just kick A$$. Ive got t2400's benching out at 7k/24k - not bad for 1.66Ghz.

If i get some time I'm gonna try to pinmod one of these mac minis and see if i can OC to 200mhz or more.

Scott, i think you need to look at your benches, bro. Youre chowing through the wu's but your plainly not getting the points that others make. Something is amok.

-SS

RAMMIE
09-13-2006, 01:40 PM
This is the stat I find interesting.

http://webpages.charter.net/mlanter/compare.png

rob725
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Yes, on the wcg by-member global stats, XS pretty much owns the points/runtime page.

[XC] flat-four
09-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I think the secret to my success is the apple opti's. In short they just kick A$$. Ive got t2400's benching out at 7k/24k - not bad for 1.66Ghz.-SS

Where'd you get opti's for osx? Is it worthwhile to run on a ibook g4?

[XC] 4X4N
09-13-2006, 03:26 PM
this comparison of the top 8 as of today is interesting.
http://www.itznfb.com/images/compare.jpg

How did you do this? I can see all of my own stats this way, but how did you get all the stats to compare?

mike047
09-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Statistics[top of page],by member;multiple member comparison[green click link]

Movieman
09-13-2006, 03:44 PM
But,But,But I dodn't see my name on that list??? sniffle-sniffle..
I mean,golly Jeez..shouldn't I be on that list?
(runs and hides with my measly 8000 a day:( )
You guys are kickin butt and taking no prisioners..
Congrats!:toast:
(walks away muttering about not being able to find a Opty 266)

[XC] 4X4N
09-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Statistics[top of page],by member;multiple member comparison[green click link]

Ok, thanks!

[XC] serlv
09-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Scott, i think you need to look at your benches, bro. Youre chowing through the wu's but your plainly not getting the points that others make. Something is amok.

-SS

Well, I agree. Something does seem to be amok. But what? What to do? I want to score 300 - 400 -500 per result, too.

rob725
09-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Scott, your points/hour seem pretty normal. Again, I think its just less faah. If I remember correctly from another thread, Mike said he restricts some of his lower-memory machines to run faah only. Look how much faster your avg. runtime/result is. You've got to be chewing up mostly cancer wu's, only doing faah when they run out of cancer.

itznfb
09-13-2006, 04:25 PM
yea your points per result are based on which project the WU is from

ShootStraight
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Hmmm....What are your project settings, Scott?

-SS