PDA

View Full Version : XS_Diablo_Legion

Jose
09-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Just signed up for World Community Grid

Diablo Legion is Crunching also Riesel Sieve Boinc. That is all for now: in about a week , I will add a Physics Project.

Of course, as a reformed cheater that I am , I am running standard client. The Benchmarks suck the big one but...

Ps I will be checking with Eric the dicedealer to see if I did everything right in the start up of Diablo Legion and make corrections if necessary.

Firechicken
09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
Right on Jose,glad to hear you getting it up and running, you must have been frothing at the mouth to get at that beast lol.

p.s. if you havnt had the ol girl smoking yet i'm sure you got it right :p.

itznfb
09-11-2006, 05:36 PM
glad to hear Diablo Legion is crunching for the Grid :)

brot
09-12-2006, 12:53 AM
:) nice to hear you are helping us out@wcg. It isnt easy over here...

DAK1640
09-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Thx for joining in the fun Jose...:toast: :toast:

Movieman
09-12-2006, 01:50 AM
Go Jose!
:YIPPIE: :YIPPIE: :YIPPIE:
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Jose
09-12-2006, 03:02 AM
I will be there for the team. Diablo Legion will be an XS Crucher all the time....

The reason I am not also crunching QMC is that when I tried to attach at 3 am , I got a weird message pop up. Once I will come back from the doctors ( dentists argh!!!!!), I will attempt adding myself to it.

Oh it is going to be fun rooting out the evil ones from the to positions in all projects :)

Firechicken
09-12-2006, 08:09 AM
Well, first you have to worry about rooting out your evil tooth, unless it's just a cleaning or somthing:D I can't stand the dentist I think he is one of the ones most resposible for the biggest bills, nothing hurts like a tooth ache so you tend to have to shell out real quick.

Hymay
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah, enamel miners are ghastly when it comes to the bill. They know they have ya by the short ones. They are a necessary evil though.

[XC] flat-four
09-12-2006, 10:37 PM
Jose, did you every get any screenshots up of Diablo? I'd love to see the final overclock the dealer of dice got out of that Opty.

edit: I hate dentist too...

lv_dicedealer
09-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Jose, did you every get any screenshots up of Diablo? I'd love to see the final overclock the dealer of dice got out of that Opty.

edit: I hate dentist too...

I went for a modest overclock (2.5 or 2.6 IIRC). I wanted stability as opposed to bleeding edge overclock lacking stability....

[XC] riptide
09-13-2006, 02:06 AM
I went for a modest overclock (2.5 or 2.6 IIRC). I wanted stability as opposed to bleeding edge overclock lacking stability....
I'm sure that Jose will get working himself on the overclock afterwards to fine tune. (read: We wanna see 2.7-2.75 Jose! Soon.! ;) ).

Jose
09-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I like stability.

I am also running non-optimized Boinc Clients

Lets say I downloaded wus for Riesel and in a swoop it downloaded 220 work units. This in addition to to 6 WCG and 3 from Eistein. ( It has crunched about 45 units that have not uploaded as Riesel is having trouble uploading)

All of this while working with the CPU sucking SOB :) [Running SOB At the speed it is running is an indication of the power of Diablo Legion:)] SOB is as good a benchmarkas Super PI.

I am allowing all the Riesel Work Units to run till they are ALL completed., then I will allow WCG and Einsteina free run

Interesting factoid : when crunching Riesel it crunches two work units simulthaneoulsy. When Crunching Einstein and WCG it runs one Einstein Wu and one WCG.

[XC] riptide
09-13-2006, 02:10 PM
All of this while working with the CPU sucking SOB :) [Running SOB At the speed it is running is an indication of the power of Diablo Legion:)] SOB is as good a benchmarkas Super PI.

Not quite. Scores can vary from tes to test by as much as 15-20%. Depending on n numbers I believe. However, comparisons between similar n numbers can be good.

Jose, you need approx another 5-10% to start reeling in Peter. Get to it!

lv_dicedealer
09-13-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm sure that Jose will get working himself on the overclock afterwards to fine tune. (read: We wanna see 2.7-2.75 Jose! Soon.! ;) ).

Read my post as: anything above what I clocked it at became unstable... I spent several days fine tuning the beast in my garage during the height of Las Vegas summer which at the time was about 120F (~48C) ambient:fact:

Sorry, but it is unlikely that he will be able to get anymore out of it and still remain stable....