PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing Video of 2 PCs at once to one file?

FatRakoon
09-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Ok, this is it really.

I have 2 PCs...

I want to show a mate, just how badly my P4 3.6HT 660 Prescot runs against my slowest AMD, which is at this time a Newcastle 3000 @ 2.4.

You se, while the CPU on the P4 is supposed to be the better, and I have clocked the AMD to 2.4 as this gives it pretty much an exact comparison against the P4, the P4 overall isseriously lacking when it comes to absolutely everything. Benches are showing good scores, dont get me wrong, but the whole system lags... badly.

I want to be able to record both displays showing both PCs running alongside each other, and I will run the same apps at the same time to show the differences.

At this time, I am simply putting both screens together, and positioning a camera, but its not coming out too well obviously.

Ideally, I would like to use a third PC to input both displays.

I can even go with some software that will let me perhaps input 2 different video files and have 2 boxes with the seperate video in, running alongside each other, I dont really care, but I need to have it displaying 2 computer screens alongside each other.

Anyone know what the hell I am on about?

Thanks in advance.

ocmyface
09-11-2006, 12:09 PM
if you have something like adobe premiere (only software i know of, someone else can point to you on that has similar capabilities) then you can import both video files and run them on seperate tracks. scale them down to half the screen and stick em up next to eachother.

much easier to just show your friend in person...