PDA

View Full Version : Cry Havoc And Let Loose The Dogs Of War!

Movieman
09-11-2006, 11:18 AM
You like XS? You care about what XS stands for?
You want to make a statement of HOW much you care about what this forum stands for and what it means to you?
Some people have besmirched our good name.
I want to send them a message that will be heard SO loud that anything they can say will be meaningless and laughed at!
How can you help?
Put anything and everything you have on WCG!
When installed join the XS team.
That's all you have to do.
Use the stock BOINC client and thats it my friends.
Any questions, yell in the WCG section of the Vault.
Thank you for your help!
Dave

[XC]melymel
09-11-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes people remember lets use the stock client! That way there are no complaints just some crying babies who can't except XS is numero uno!

let's make XS the unquestionable # 1 :woot:

:toast:

[XC] riptide
09-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Here we go!!!!!! XS style!

brot
09-11-2006, 11:40 AM
KICK THEYR ASSES (or bite them, as you like).

Martijn
09-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Chat section anyone?

Movieman
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
no chat,business.
.the business of ramping up XS to totally smother WCG and show them a new level of commitment..
When the servers at WCG run out of work every day that is when we will be close to what we need for output..
When the lines fry that will be enough..
NJKID: Time for another email pal..
You ready for another all nighter?:D

Martijn
09-11-2006, 11:55 AM
I would be willing to put up a letter if needed, but it would take until Wednesday before I have time :)

[XC] Duc
09-11-2006, 12:25 PM
Switched DX "The Blueproject" over to WCG... can only let it run during daytime though, to noizy and to much bright blue lights during the night... ;)
I'll try to hook up the FX60 and the other DX "The Silverproject" also during the day... powerbill is going to be a biatch the nect few weeks :D

Movieman
09-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Switched DX "The Blueproject" over to WCG... can only let it run during daytime though, to noizy and to much bright blue lights during the night... ;)
I'll try to hook up the FX60 and the other DX "The Silverproject" also during the day... powerbill is going to be a biatch the nect few weeks :D
Duct tape and ear plugs will fix all!:D

[XC]thewildblue
09-11-2006, 12:48 PM
Sorry but we should stick with the opti client, thats what XS is all about, not about bending over and adjusting because 1 user/team is complaining. We need to stick to our guns and not change our clients otherwise in my view we appear weak.

I wont be crunching WCG due to this and the quorum, Im waiting for them to start on us in QMC once we take number 1 there, where they will prompty get the finger from me.

We need to stick to our guns and say up yours to these trouble makers, they are just bullys, I know how I dealt with them at school....pick em off one by one.

Movieman
09-11-2006, 12:56 PM
Sorry but we should stick with the opti client, thats what XS is all about, not about bending over and adjusting because 1 user/team is complaining. We need to stick to our guns and not change our clients otherwise in my view we appear weak.

I wont be crunching WCG due to this and the quorum, Im waiting for them to start on us in QMC once we take number 1 there, where they will prompty get the finger from me.

We need to stick to our guns and say up yours to these trouble makers, they are just bullys, I know how I dealt with them at school....pick em off one by one.
I disagree. You eliminate the source of the conflict. This isn't about giving in to them, this is about showing them exactly what we can do and leaving them nothing to cry about..
It is also about XS good name and that means more to me than anything else

[XC]thewildblue
09-11-2006, 01:09 PM
But we know what we can do, we overclock we tweak and we make the most of our systems, there is nothing stock about XS. Im not worried about them crying we know that we are right as its not stated that the opti client is cheating.

To elimate the source of the conflict in my view is to ignore them and carry on as normal, once they realise they arent getting a reaction they arent going to bother, we are now setting a standard, the moment someone bleets we change but try to make a competiton out of it, they are just going to do it in each project. Sod that.

XS is good name wont be tarnished by not agreeing with these trouble makers, you only need to look at the whole forums achievements to see how good our name is.

When we do beat them with the standard client which we will do without doubt it will only prove what we already know and then they will just wait for the next project we start. They are afraid of us its as simple as that.....

When you look on the bigger picture it sets us back to becoming number 1 which is out goal becuase sure as hell alot of users out there run the opti client, they just dont happen to have the overclocks and firepower that we do.

[XC] riptide
09-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I have to agree partly with James here. It reminds me of NI polotics. You keep taking away sources of conflict and new ones are created... till one is naked. I say stick to the guns..... and PHUCK THE BEGRUDGERS! When someone squeels at you.... you twist your heel harder into their throat till they squeel no more. And that should be with an optimized heel. ;)

[XC] leviathan18
09-11-2006, 02:55 PM
my opinion send a email to the WCG staff ask if cruncher optimized files are a cheat in WCG if they consider it as a cheat we should to remove them if they say it isnt a cheat lets stick to them i care :banana::banana::banana::banana: about what think those morons.

Dave please if you can help me sending that email to the staff over wcg as my english is far from the best so we can have and official statement if they say we dont care about that we keep them if they say its cheating we remove it.

thats my 2 cents

[cTx]Philosophy
09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Im not giving into these bastiges this time fellas, it comes a time when we have to make a stand as a team..

We packed up and left rosetta for this shi, and a few other reasons, im not gonna let this deter me from doing what it is I set my mind to do..
And that is to do my 1 trillionth of a billionth of a percent to find the cure for the disease which is slowly killing my father..

I paid $800 to upgrade form my 165 @ 2.9 to this budget Conroe setup because I thought the sse4 instructions and overall firepower of the core duo processors might help me fold a fw more wu's per day, which it has, and im happy for that. Screw the points totally, im down for the Science and thats the truth, and more science is completed daily with opti clients..

If need be ill remove myself from the team until we can get this resolved, I dont wanna give you guys a blemish by everyone switching over and me not..

Im sticking to opti's.. Sry if this offends anyone, but enough is enough.
That dude isnt gonna beat me

Martijn
09-11-2006, 10:04 PM
my opinion send a email to the WCG staff ask if cruncher optimized files are a cheat in WCG if they consider it as a cheat we should to remove them if they say it isnt a cheat lets stick to them i care :banana::banana::banana::banana: about what think those morons.

Dave please if you can help me sending that email to the staff over wcg as my english is far from the best so we can have and official statement if they say we dont care about that we keep them if they say its cheating we remove it.

thats my 2 cents
Already did, yesterday... see my letter early in the Dagorath thread... (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1713778&postcount=21)

EDIT: until now I got replies to any mail I send them, and I expect another on that one. As soon as they reply, I'll post publically :)

joshd
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
In my opinion, the optis should be put into the clients themselves as a release. The whole idea of DC is not as a big competition to see which forum/buisness has the most firepower, but to get scientific research done, fast. I think if there is an opti that lets the work be done quicker, then everyone should be jumping at the chance to use it.

People who complain about us using the optis should just take a minute to remember why DC exists, and what it's principles are. It is NOT designed as a competition, but for science.

v0dka
09-12-2006, 03:19 PM
It's just jealousy.

They say we only do it for points, not for the science. I say why the hell are they even bothering with bringing our benchmark scores down when theyre just interested in the damn project? Guess their precious little (emphasise on little) points are pretty important after all huh?

We gave away millions of points out of free will when we discovered borging in the Rosetta times, so dont call us point whores. We just make the damn BOINC client report waht our CPU's are capable of, like many other large teams by the way.

Anyway, XS' good name is being dragged through the dirt here and I hope that each and every member in this forum takes that as a direct insult.

Let's slap them with returned results, en masse!