PDA

View Full Version : mini fridge mod

ssjwizard
06-17-2002, 06:06 PM
ok i moded a mini fridge whitch i moded for the lines of my pump to go out the side and a resivior incapsulating the evaporator. it has heat problems so im modding my mod.

so now i must ask what do you get with 2lbs of tacks, a big roll of solder, 2 pieces of 18x24 acrylic, two male 3/8" fittings, two female 3/8" fittings, a submersable pump, a tube of epoxy, and a 2 1/2 foot length of vynl tubing, and a mini fridge???

Hardass
06-17-2002, 06:10 PM
I have no idea, but I will welcome you to Xtreme. Glad you joined us.;)

ssjwizard
06-17-2002, 06:18 PM
heh a water cooled mini fridge is what you get.

the problem with mini fridge mods is that they dont have radiators as condensors they simply run a coper coil agenst the case metal to use as a condensor. so if you make it run 24/7 it bottle necks to much heat into the system the evaporative plate doesnt get cold and then the compressor kicks off due to overheating. ill post a pic here and over at oc when i finish it i need to get somthing to cut it. and forgot to get the tacks so ill probably do it tomarrow some time.

DaGooch
06-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Can you not use say one of those variable speed window fans to help aid the cooling of the coils on the backside of the mini fridge?

ssjwizard
06-17-2002, 06:34 PM
i think i improperly stated this. as its a mini fridge it doesnt have a condensor raditor. the coper coils that contact the case are inside of the case just above the insulation. thus you cant use a fan to cool them. but by soldering the tacks point up to the top of the metal to add surface area. cutting a 18*24*1.5" resivior and putting in small pieces to form a maze pattern will get that heat off the fridge realy quick. i forgot to mention the heater core with 120mm fan. key element there.

ssjwizard
06-18-2002, 01:56 PM
ok here is a brief diagram of what its going to look like when its done.