PDA

View Full Version : New cruncher in the works.

ShootStraight
09-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Ive been a very bad boy this weekend and went and got myself a Kentsfield B1. I also got myself a chilly1 Lian li (CPU/GPU) case that was made for Conrad Maranan last june sometime. :cool: :woot: :banana: :toast:

Ive been doing some reading on mobos and I'm a little confused after reading. I've been leaning to the Asus P5h, but Ive been reading that there might be quality issues. Likewise for the badaxe. Then theres the other Asus board (PRO?) Can anyone enlighten me as to what is the best fit for this setup?

Likewise I'd love some help on Memory. Ive read great things about Xtreem but it doesnt seem to be available.

Lastly, the VC. Ive got a 7800 gtx around but would a 1900xtx be a better choice?

Anyhow, time to pay and shredd the amex statement before my wife sees it and has a kitten! :D

TIA.

-SS

[XC] DragonOrta
09-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Check out Tankguys.com for Team ram.

The other ASUS board that you're thinking about is probably the P5WDG2 WS Pro. I've heard great things about it compared to the other 975x based mobos.

Congrats on spending so much money over the weekend. :up: :D

[XC]melymel
09-10-2006, 08:32 AM
:slobber: such a brilliant cpu deserves no less than the P5W64-WS Pro thing.. congratulations on spending more on one pc then I have ever spent on all my rigs accumualted. :p:

Martijn
09-10-2006, 08:45 AM
Are you going to put it on WCG?

mike047
09-10-2006, 09:10 AM
If the wife sees the bill and runs you off, I'll put up a fellow cruncher:D

You've got a FARM:)
and I thought I had it BAD:D:D

ShootStraight
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
LOL Thanks Mike! The DC bug got his fangs into me and still hasnt let go. :D

Martijn, I was thinking I'd put it on SETI. ;) I definitely see WCG in its future, QMC too. :D

Ordered the Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro. Thanks Dave and DragonOrta!

Now just gotta get some RAM and a VC. I cant wait... :D

-SS

[cTx]Philosophy
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Id say for ram Tankguys is best bet..
You might even be able to shoot teamusoffice a pm from here and work something out that way, although I dunno..
Im sure tankguys has wut you need..

KaptainBlaZzed
09-11-2006, 07:09 AM
:woot: :woot: Kentsfields ROCK.

get that bad boy up and running ASAP

[XC] serlv
09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
You bastage, you! I almost bought one a week or two ago ( perhaps the same one ), but had too many things going on ( inbound C2D's ). I suppose this will erase the recent gap I've opened up on you in the dailies... :)

Ah well, at least it will be stomping six anussed Petri specimens! Nice rig! I officially be jealous. Now get that bad boy cruncing!

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM
I have bought cars that cost less! :rofl: Can't wait to see that one chomping up the WU's. Take pic's, I need to see what $Big k's will get you.

ShootStraight
09-14-2006, 01:19 PM
The Kentsfield and P5WD have just arrived....:D

That smiley just doesnt do the :banana::banana::banana::banana:eatin grin on my face, justice. Hehehehe :)

-SS

eXceeded
09-14-2006, 01:25 PM
where the hell did you manage to get a kentsfield from?! I want one :( ( and my bank is frothing at the mouth - because its full )
PS It's not actually full btu enough for a kentsfield :D

[XC] serlv
09-14-2006, 01:46 PM

That smiley just doesnt do the :banana::banana::banana::banana:eatin grin on my face, justice. Hehehehe :)

-SSSSs, SS... :)

mike047
09-14-2006, 01:47 PM

-SS

REMEMBER, if you need a place to stay:D:D

eXceeded
09-15-2006, 03:54 PM
fine :( I understand...

KaptainBlaZzed
09-15-2006, 06:45 PM
fine :( I understand...

usualy people are not supposed to say where they get their ES chips. it is part of the aggrement.

ShootStraight
09-15-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry, Man! My bad....Wasnt meaning to snub.

I actually got it off this forums for sale pages. They are there but go quick!

-SS

Movieman
09-15-2006, 08:00 PM
I want pics! If I can't have one I can get my jollies by seeing yours!:D
Pics..Pics...Pics...Pics...Pics...Pics...Pics... :rofl:

eXceeded
09-16-2006, 02:25 AM
lol, okay thanks :D. I'm hooked on the for sales forums now :). Lol if I can find it :D

ShootStraight
09-16-2006, 08:12 AM
lol, okay thanks :D. I'm hooked on the for sales forums now :). Lol if I can find it :D

It will magically appear after you've made 100 posts.:)

Ive got an idea, put that sweet rig youve got in your sig on the XS WCG team and start chatting with some of the nice and knowledgeable folks on the team while your rig trys to find cures for cancer and HIV. Its a win-win situation. We get another teammate and you'll get to 100 posts quick (and be around to spot a Kentsfield) - could be by the end of the day if you chat with Movieman. :p: :D

-SS

Movieman
09-16-2006, 08:15 AM

Ive got an idea, put that sweet rig youve got in your sig on the XS WCG team and start chatting with some of the nice and knowledgeable folks on the team while your rig trys to find cures for cancer and HIV. Its a win-win situation. We get another teammate and you'll get to 100 posts quick (and be around to spot a Kentsfield) - could be by the end of the day if you chat with Movieman. :p: :D
-SS
:rolleyes:

[XC] Duc
09-16-2006, 08:20 AM

-SS

Get those greedy hands of him... this guy is property of the XS D²OL team :p: :D

ShootStraight
09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Get those greedy hands of him... this guy is property of the XS D²OL team :p: :D

Ahhh...I see. :)

It is my policy to always solicit a member coming into this forum who comes here looking for a Kentsfield with a Conroe in his sig. You guys better find him one quick, else we will. ;) :D

Good luck in the search!

-SS

WesM63
09-16-2006, 09:08 AM
SS,
Sounds like you have your hands full!

BTW, Buying a x1900xt would be great right now as the x1950's just came out and the x1900's dropped in price. Ditto on DragonOrta's suggestion on the Team Ram.

[XC] leviathan18
09-16-2006, 09:20 AM
x1900xt cheapo good perfomance specially paired with that cpu excelent mobo... great cruncher hope mine come along im praying everyday to the cpu gods

which psu are you getting for it?

ShootStraight
09-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Ive got a Seasonic S12 I was gonna put in it.

Ive been trying forever to buy team ram from tankguys, but it keeps declining my card.

In addition to this build I'm trying to figure out how to pinmod my mac minis along with upgrading them to Meroms. I hope to get this done this week as my MIL will be in town which will free me up from my childcare duties for the most part. I might even get out and golf, though it will have to stop SNOWING first!

-SS

njkid32
09-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Your now an official member of the Clark Kent club:) Lets see some pics and results. If you need some help with anything please let me know....

[XC] leviathan18
09-16-2006, 10:28 AM
nice psu... really nice cruncher put it to service at WCG we will appreciate that help overthere....

Fr3ak
09-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Nice build SS. That thing is gonna fly ^^
What is so great about the Asus WD bla Pro?
Kent is unlocked and a P5W can do 450Fsb too.
I should have a look into the intel section every now and then. Seems like I am not up to date.

eXceeded
09-16-2006, 02:11 PM
LOL at the argument between D2OL and WCG... I can do both :). But I'd have to alternate, and right now D2OL needs my crunching :).