PDA

View Full Version : Not Finishing Tests

[XC] riptide
09-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Just so that everyone knows... especially the partime helpers, who are very much appreciated along with the full timers on SOB, if you do not finish a test (ie if the client cannot contact the server for 30 days eg. if you run SOB for a day or two then stop) then you loose all credit that you have gotten accumulated for that test.

So pouring on loads of Conroes, Allendales, Kentsfields etc for a few days with loads of clients running and then not actually finish the test.. will be thouroughly useless. If you are not prepared to complete a test 100%, then it will be in vain. If you only want to help out on and off, keep the same test and report back reults in such a manner so that the servers get some interim results less than a month apart.

Example: NJKID had a screenshot of 4 clients running on his wonderful Kentsfield. Lovely sight. However, I only see he has completed 3 of those test. The fourth test, if he does not report some or all of the test, he will loose all credit for that one. And so will the team.

If I am wrong... please correct me. If I am right... they'll be a Teabagging tonight :rofl:

Martijn
09-10-2006, 08:10 AM
No, I told exactly the same to Movieman.

Note that uploading only one block in every 3 weeks postpones the 'due date', if you don't want to finish a whole test.

[XC] riptide
09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Note that uploading only one block in every 3 weeks postpones the 'due date', if you don't want to finish a whole test.

If you only want to help out on and off, keep the same test and report back reults in such a manner so that the servers get some interim results less than a month apart.

Yep! More or less! ;)

mike047
02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
A week ago, I had ram problems with my SOB box. Got it sorted and started running the client. Everything has been doing well. Tonight I looked in the SOB folder and I spotted TWO "Z" files. One was numbered the same as the work I am doing. The other is a different number.

Can this be a previous work unit that was not finished because of the ram problem????If so, will it restart automatically when I finish the current work??

Frederik
02-05-2007, 12:34 AM
No it won't.
Go to http://seventeenorbust.com/account/testsPending.mhtml
If the test with the number you arn't working on is still there, expire it and delete the z-file. If not: don't worry, you'll not going to lose any points... :toast:

mike047
02-05-2007, 01:02 AM
THANKS, I hadn't seen the link to the pendings:D before.

Frederik
02-05-2007, 05:18 AM
you're welcome :)

hixie
02-05-2007, 06:21 AM
BTW, i'm back on SOB fulltime now. Just incase you guys didn't notice it.

[XC] riptide
02-05-2007, 08:54 AM
I noticed. Welcome back! :toast:

mike047
02-05-2007, 02:15 PM

I noticed also, there are not many of us working this full time:(

Easy, trouble free money:)