View Full Version : A Newbie Question

Privateer
09-09-2006, 02:33 PM
On my Dc stats I'm also doing FAAH.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/war%20games/fdc1.jpg
is that the faah in my boinc client.

[XC]melymel
09-09-2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "is that the faah in my boinc client" but it's yet another sub category of points for WCG for the Fight aids @ home specific project but it's just showing the points you have got for running WCG FAAH. i.e. for me it is the same as my boinc WCG score because I only run WCG FAAH where as if someone runs both cancer and FAAH they would have the points for both accumulated under their boinc WCG score. Hope that in someway helps but I'm confusing myself so if not just say :p:

Also it seems as if it links straight to the boinc WCG stats and im now too tired to get my head around it but it looks like a pointless misleading link :p: :toast:

Privateer
09-09-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "is that the faah in my boinc client" but it's yet another sub category of points for WCG for the Fight aids @ home specific project but it's just showing the points you have got for running WCG FAAH. i.e. for me it is the same as my boinc WCG score because I only run WCG FAAH where as if someone runs both cancer and FAAH they would have the points for both accumulated under their boinc WCG score. Hope that in someway helps but I'm confusing myself so if not just say :p:

Also it seems as if it links straight to the boinc WCG stats and im now too tired to get my head around it but it looks like a pointless misleading link :p: :toast:
Heres a screeeny of BOINC.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/war%20games/boinc1.jpg

Movieman
09-09-2006, 02:58 PM
On my Dc stats I'm also doing FAAH.
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/war%20games/fdc1.jpg
is that the faah in my boinc client.
I don't have your answer..yet..BUT no n00b questions in this forum..
We are friends who work together for a goal..
I always thought I knew quite a bit till I came to XS..
There are a lot of things I like about this place but most of it is the people themselves..little things..needed to post in a dutch forum one day..clueless in Dutch..Asked Jaco and he translated for me in 2 minutes and told me he was glad to help..Frisch did a little Danish translation for me and was glad to help..
That "glad to help" is quite common here but not in the rest of the world..;)

[XC] serlv
09-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Ok, then. Answer me this. How do I see my own stats page at free-dc. For various projects, all-in-one? Do I have to have the free-dc stats tool signed up for? I've never bothered to do that as I don't display them. But I wouldn't mind being able to check out a page like that. And what if you've used different usernames, over the years, for various projects?

Movieman
09-09-2006, 03:15 PM
Ok, then. Answer me this. How do I see my own stats page at free-dc. For various projects, all-in-one? Do I have to have the free-dc stats tool signed up for? I've never bothered to do that as I don't display them. But I wouldn't mind being able to check out a page like that. And what if you've used different usernames, over the years, for various projects?
Then your screwed,blewed and tatooed..:D

[XC] serlv
09-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Then your screwed,blewed and tatooed..:D

:)

Is that another way of saying there is no such stats page if you've never signed up for the tool? Or is that in answer to one of my other quesions?

Movieman
09-09-2006, 03:25 PM
:)

Is that another way of saying there is no such stats page if you've never signed up for the tool? Or is that in answer to one of my other quesions?
It means my friend that if your using different nics on different projects I think your screwed..thats logic not fact, I could be wrong but I don't think so.
I hope I'm wrong so you can get what you want..

rob725
09-09-2006, 03:47 PM
Did our Xtreme stats break the Free-DC stat service :D , or is it just me?

Firechicken
09-09-2006, 06:32 PM

This is a page from free dc where I can have a look at all my projects it wont work for you as this is my page.http://stats.free-dc.org/users/users.php?name=Firechicken. You have to sign up at free dc and set up your stat tool like the one im my sig (I dont belive you need to have it active in your sig anywhere though).

I have it book marked so I can go to that page where I can have a look at all my project scores, and set up custom compares with other projects. I have a different user name for rosetta, and wcg no trouble as you would have put all that in on your stat tool set up page. Not sure if this helps you at all.

[XC] serlv
09-09-2006, 06:46 PM
This is a page from free dc where I can have a look at all my projects it wont work for you as this is my page.http://stats.free-dc.org/users/users.php?name=Firechicken. You have to sign up at free dc and set up your stat tool like the one im my sig (I dont belive you need to have it active in your sig anywhere though).

I have it book marked so I can go to that page where I can have a look at all my project scores, and set up custom compares with other projects. I have a different user name for rosetta, and wcg no trouble as you would have put all that in on your stat tool set up page. Not sure if this helps you at all.

I think that answers my question. I'm thinking based on what you said that I need to go over to FDC and avail myself of the stats tool and set it up. Thanks alot, Michael. I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Scott

Movieman
09-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I think that answers my question. I'm thinking based on what you said that I need to go over to FDC and avail myself of the stats tool and set it up. Thanks alot, Michael. I appreciate it.

Cheers,
Scott
OK< so I was wrong...as usual..Good Luck Scott

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-09-2006, 07:36 PM
OK< so I was wrong...as usual..Good Luck Scott

:slap: :stick:

That would be the quick/easy way to see every thing you are getting credit for is the stat tool page.

Firechicken
09-09-2006, 08:42 PM

Cheers,
Scott

You bet, glad I could help around here instead of getting helped. Let us know how it turns out. If you need more info on how to get the page I posted to work, let me know, or someone will jump in.