PDA

View Full Version : We NEED a goal!

Movieman
09-09-2006, 03:05 AM
First thing I think we need to do is set a goal of matching,oops, screw that, passing Easy News in the dailies..that's just over 3 million a day.
I've been on other things the past couple weeks but just looking at the numbers today and what we can do I think that should be our first goal.
Remember what we did in April to crank up Rosy from 150K a day to 350K a day in a month?
We can do that here and now we have the benefit of some experience having done it before.
I can see us at over 3 mill a day in 30-60 days if we work at it.
Damn, I sound like a captain and that is not my intent guys, I just want us to get to where we belong. The people here are the best, the most dedicated and belong in no other position than #1..

v0dka
09-09-2006, 03:12 AM
Yes we need goals, and this is a really good one.

Were slowly getting momentum, 1 million a day should be our fist goal. Then when our team is complete we should hit the 2 and 3 million daily. We need DDT.

Movieman
09-09-2006, 03:19 AM
Yes we need goals, and this is a really good one.

Were slowly getting momentum, 1 million a day should be our fist goal. Then when our team is complete we should hit the 2 and 3 million daily. We need DDT.
Agreed on the 1 million as the first goal.
Do we need DDT? I'm torn on how to answer that.
I want him with us and I don't care if it's with one old P2..
I want the person with us. If he wants to bring his farm that's great.
If not, thats fine too by me. I respect him too much to try and blow smoke at him to BS him into tossing a 100 machines on a project.
XS is about people and it's Victor that I care about, not his machinery.

[XC] leviathan18
09-09-2006, 03:35 AM
we need to get more people that should be our first goal we are 74 members last time i saw i think we need more and we need the guys that diverted some power (yes MM is with you) to get back all their pcs here when they finish in the other projects, we have to reclute more people after we get more guys crunching here we can set goals in production a little bit easier

v0dka
09-09-2006, 04:37 AM
Agreed on the 1 million as the first goal.
Do we need DDT? I'm torn on how to answer that.
I want him with us and I don't care if it's with one old P2..
I want the person with us. If he wants to bring his farm that's great.
If not, thats fine too by me. I respect him too much to try and blow smoke at him to BS him into tossing a 100 machines on a project.
XS is about people and it's Victor that I care about, not his machinery.

Agreed, DDT is jsut a good guy whos opinion and contribution is respected regardless of his input. But I see him as a big motivator and a vital part of our team, he sets unprecedented standards, he is xtreme. :)

Were going offtopic though.

1 million by next week!

Movieman
09-09-2006, 04:53 AM
Agreed, DDT is jsut a good guy whos opinion and contribution is respected regardless of his input. But I see him as a big motivator and a vital part of our team, he sets unprecedented standards, he is xtreme. :)

Were going offtopic though.

1 million by next week!
Agreed, now if all the team members try and bring one more person to this we will be well over the million..
As to DDT, go read some of his old posts from 2002-2003, it will give you an idea of the drive and motivation of this guy. He with a few others defines what XS is .

DAK1640
09-09-2006, 07:00 AM
I'm in & with 2 recruits, hoping for my 3rd:toast:

Privateer
09-09-2006, 07:00 AM
yes we need a goal, the half time scores are Portsmouth 0 . 0 Wigan

I support Portsmouth by the way.

:banana:

vaio
09-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Everton 3 The shi** 0 :D :D :D

Privateer
09-09-2006, 07:16 AM
LOL, great weve just scored.:woot:

Privateer
09-09-2006, 07:41 AM
Everton 3 The shi** 0 :D :D :D

It puts Everton tops, well done.:toast: :woot:

Firechicken
09-09-2006, 07:51 AM
First thing I think we need to do is set a goal of matching,oops, screw that, passing Easy News in the dailies..that's just over 3 million a day.
I've been on other things the past couple weeks but just looking at the numbers today and what we can do I think that should be our first goal.
Remember what we did in April to crank up Rosy from 150K a day to 350K a day in a month?
We can do that here and now we have the benefit of some experience having done it before.
I can see us at over 3 mill a day in 30-60 days if we work at it.
Damn, I sound like a captain and that is not my intent guys, I just want us to get to where we belong. The people here are the best, the most dedicated and belong in no other position than #1..

You bet we need this, having goals is what a team all about. And it is up to us to make sure "I" stays out of team. You all heard Moviemans call for a first goal as a team (think small steps as we ramp up and gain more power) Lets keep throwing ideas up here and see as a group what we representing all walks of life would like to see as a major team milestone. XS as a team wants to hear your ideas.

One other thought about, what resources will *or* would we need to pull it off? is there any meathods we might employ to meeting our demands,should we use an "email to XSers" again? or should that be left only for when is absoulutly needed? I heard an idea here that we could hit up the intel forums and look for :rolleyes: umm conroes and the odd semi offical kent:D, how would we talk to these people, as a group?, or a spokesman? These are all the makings of a very Powerfull team, we already have a powerfull machine we just need to get it well oiled, and my friends and teammates the "squeaky wheel gets the grease":D

Lets do this I'm stoked, I will go to hells end to meet these demands and I know you crazy guys will be right on my heels.

Privateer
09-09-2006, 08:06 AM
5.5% away from putting this back.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.hamilton6000/war%20games/wcg1.jpg

lv_dicedealer
09-09-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm all for the goal of exceeding chEASYNews.

Baby steps though, lets break 1 million on a regualr basis first.

[XC]melymel
09-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I'm all for the goal of exceeding chEASYNews.

Baby steps though, lets break 1 million on a regualr basis first.

precisely. i remeber during our cow taunting we were all amazed at the idea of the cows maybe hiting 300K daily and then we eventually did a 400K daily :eek: I think Jose nearly wet him self that day :p:

As for recruting I think we need to hold off a bit longer. Let's let the waters completely settle in regards to rosetta and get a better standing in the WCG stats (top 10?). People would be much more inclined to help push XS over the top if we are high in the rankings but may not be interested if they see us right down in the hundreds. Also there are still a few crunchers missing namely DDTUNG so we could do with atleast unleashing the full force of the central XS WCG team and finding how much power we have already availiable before tapping into the large power resource that we have in the other members of the forum. However whenever I get the chance I will ask people to run WCG :D.

just my 2 cents. :toast:

nn_step
09-09-2006, 02:24 PM
I say our goal is first place before the end of the week

[XC] hipno650
09-09-2006, 08:22 PM
dd would be a great addition to the team not for his points but the leadership and wisdom and ok mabye the points to:D we NEED to have a goal set!!!!!!! i say one mill day in the next week some time. mabye next weekend?

[XC] leviathan18
09-09-2006, 09:30 PM
my idea about recruiting people is to move rosetta team overhere not to spam XS maybe some sig with we need help at wcg would help a little bit if you see someone showing a nice cpu invite him to join the team that kind of recruiting

the team is diverted a little bit so what i have in mind is to get the whole rosetta team overhere at wcg we need a lot of help to climb here we are far behind i know we can destroy this project with determination

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-09-2006, 09:54 PM
leviathan18 our :cheer:
I think most of us doing the WCG have something in our sig about it.
Just need to get the big guns on board and the rest will fall in I think.

Jose
09-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Two simple goals:

1- Destroy any and every idiot (s) that gets in our way in this or any project. Simply stated : no mercy, no prisoners. That means our goal is to be number one.

2- Not allow ourselves to be baited. The best way to do that is by not participating in the message boards of any projects. Let's be Extremely Silent. That will drive the whiners nuts. (Correction, more nuts.)

brot
09-10-2006, 07:11 AM
Two simple goals:

1- Destroy any and every idiot (s) that gets in our way in this or any project. Simply stated : no mercy, no prisoners. That means our goal is to be number one.

2- Not allow ourselves to be baited. The best way to do that is by not participating in the message boards of any projects. Let's be Extremely Silent. That will drive the whiners nuts. (Correction, more nuts.)

Hey, these are two nice goals. Dont care what the dumb ones say, maybe get one or two people who care about the message boards.

And one million would be a great step. I know we can do this ;)

Firechicken
09-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Two simple goals:

Looks like a good solid 1 million goal on a regular basis is in the battle axes of this team, anyone watching the stats close like to get a feel for our current speed to hit 1 million's on a regular basis and help organize a bit of a challenge out of it?

Also quoted up there somewhere jose's idea about #2 This is one of the harder things we will find as a team to stay true to.But I belive all the more reason to go after this one. I agree aswell that this is the one biggest thing we could do as a team that would really tick off those baiters as they would have no more fuel for the fire, and start to really look like :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s by those who even support them in time. Excellent idea Jose. BTW how's diablo leigon comming along sir? I cant wait till you break her.....um well heh never mind my wife will slap that smirk off my face if she read that:D

[XC] hipno650
09-11-2006, 08:39 PM
i say the weekend after this next weekend we go for the mill!!!!!!!!!!!! that would give us time to get ready and get the word out!!!!!! but if dd shows up by then we will have to make it 1.5mill!!!!!:D

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-11-2006, 08:41 PM
No one got a direct line to DDt? Get the big guns in and then go for the 2mm a day. Pi$$ on every one in the way of #1

[XC] hipno650
09-11-2006, 08:44 PM
No one got a direct line to DDt? Get the big guns in and then go for the 2mm a day. Pi$$ on every one in the way of #1

that works to i guess:D

brot
09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
If ddt needs a break i would understand. Managing sooo many machines isnt really easy.
But when he comes back, there wont be anything in our ways.

carl.h
09-12-2006, 01:39 AM
Daily, XS is top on points so why not do what DPC do from time to time, ask for a stampede. Ask all for a dedicated 4 weeks to this project from ALL XS , state you`ll do the same for others when necessary.

Movieman
09-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Daily, XS is top on points so why not do what DPC do from time to time, ask for a stampede. Ask all for a dedicated 4 weeks to this project from ALL XS , state you`ll do the same for others when necessary.
Hi Carl: I don't think that would work here. XS is a lot different from the DPC.
They are a lot more organized with central management while XS is sort of like Free DC in the sense that everyone does his/her own thing.
Very hard to pry people away from their projects and some of the groups here would be a tad upset if we went for their guys even for the month.
I asked in the DC vault section as a general question but thats as far as I'd go. I have to respect the other groups and that's as far as I can go.
Now as to the guys in the main forum, thats a different story..:D

carl.h
09-12-2006, 01:56 AM
I have no doubts you`ll get there, each day is a gain but Easy have a big lead you`ve got to wear down.

Good luck.

meshmesh
09-12-2006, 03:05 AM
Just to make sure I understand correctly what the situation is:

The goal is for XS to sustain one million total Boinc credits per day.

This will put XS as the number Boinc overall Team by the end of 2007.

That would also put XS WCG as number one in the UD scores total above EasyNews nearly at this time as well (taking into consideration the grouth of EN)

We are now at (125K) of the needed daily WCG output (900K).
That is about 14%.

Sigs alone won't do it. We need some additional ideas.
MM: you know what I think.

Movieman
09-12-2006, 03:32 AM
Just to make sure I understand correctly what the situation is:

The goal is for XS to sustain one million total Boinc credits per day.

This will put XS as the number Boinc overall Team by the end of 2007.

That would also put XS WCG as number one in the UD scores total above EasyNews nearly at this time as well (taking into consideration the grouth of EN)

We are now at (125K) of the needed daily WCG output (900K).
That is about 14%.

Sigs alone won't do it. We need some additional ideas.
MM: you know what I think.
No, I will not drive out and cut all Easy news lines no matter how much you want me to!:D
Yes, I understand you..Working on some things and one million is a first goal.
3.5 million a day sustained is where I want to see us at to get to easy news and to get to them in any sort of realistic time we need to be in the 5 million a day range.

carl.h
09-12-2006, 03:32 AM
The new Core 2 quad is out mid October.....:banana:

Those thinking of the Core 2 Duo may want to hold..... With quad power you`ll get an awful lot closer.

Movieman
09-12-2006, 03:37 AM
The new Core 2 quad is out mid October.....:banana:

Those thinking of the Core 2 Duo may want to hold..... With quad power you`ll get an awful lot closer.
We already have a few on the team..Kentsfield..:D
2666/8mb/1066 with 4 cores and clocks up to 3200-3500mhz

carl.h
09-12-2006, 03:53 AM
They`ll be readily available off of the shelf mid Oct, which should give you a boost.

[XC] riptide
09-12-2006, 04:00 AM
We already have a few on the team..Kentsfield..:D
2666/8mb/1066 with 4 cores and clocks up to 3200-3500mhz
Correct me if I'm wrong MM, 1333 FSB???

Fr3ak
09-12-2006, 07:18 AM
I have several machines down for farious reasons. I am working on fixing and optimizing them. Once I am done, I will join you again.

Firechicken
09-12-2006, 08:28 AM
Hey great news well..sort of, As some of you may know my wife is an HVAC at a company called train, she spoke to the owner/long time family friend (how she got started into this in the first place) and talked to him about running the rosetta a while back and he was a little interested as he knows how sick I was and was thinking it would be worth it to run the machines after hours a bit. Now we moved off rosetta she had talked to him again but he was then a little unsure of doing it as he didnt want to set it all up and then we move on.

So 1: I am thinking I would like to hold a bit to see how steady we are on this project before we call a big card like that.

and 2: I think he had expressed he would like to talk a bit to some of the leaders of this team on the MB here or maby via email, so I would like to know is that ok, and is there anyone here like MM,LV,DDT,Fug? that might have a little chat with him about whats going on with this thing?

Lisa is away right now with a female cancer organization where they do god knows what and support each other with thier fights, man wish there was somthing like that for me where I could ride horses, eat marshmellow smores, and have a little fun, instead i'm practically gonna get a nuke stufed between my legs and come out sterile and glowing green lol,well maby not that bad.

Anyways when she gets back I hope she will talk to the boss a bit more, guys she figures theres about 80 brand new computers in that complex maby more maby less but she said they all were just upgraded as the others were getting old. So this could be a great help, what do you all think about this?

Michael & Lisa.

P.S. Just try not to get your hopes up too much as lisa's away right now, and there are a few things unsettled, but she and I belive that this is worth going after. Hmmm maby I see the first real team Firechicken in the distance that would be so cool we really want to help around here.

[XC] leviathan18
09-12-2006, 09:02 AM
MovieMan is a great writter i think we are going to be here a long time at least 1 year or more because we are pretty far behind easy news

[XC] hipno650
09-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey great news well..sort of, As some of you may know my wife is an HVAC at a company called train, she spoke to the owner/long time family friend (how she got started into this in the first place) and talked to him about running the rosetta a while back and he was a little interested as he knows how sick I was and was thinking it would be worth it to run the machines after hours a bit. Now we moved off rosetta she had talked to him again but he was then a little unsure of doing it as he didnt want to set it all up and then we move on.

So 1: I am thinking I would like to hold a bit to see how steady we are on this project before we call a big card like that.

and 2: I think he had expressed he would like to talk a bit to some of the leaders of this team on the MB here or maby via email, so I would like to know is that ok, and is there anyone here like MM,LV,DDT,Fug? that might have a little chat with him about whats going on with this thing?

Lisa is away right now with a female cancer organization where they do god knows what and support each other with thier fights, man wish there was somthing like that for me where I could ride horses, eat marshmellow smores, and have a little fun, instead i'm practically gonna get a nuke stufed between my legs and come out sterile and glowing green lol,well maby not that bad.

Anyways when she gets back I hope she will talk to the boss a bit more, guys she figures theres about 80 brand new computers in that complex maby more maby less but she said they all were just upgraded as the others were getting old. So this could be a great help, what do you all think about this?

Michael & Lisa.

P.S. Just try not to get your hopes up too much as lisa's away right now, and there are a few things unsettled, but she and I belive that this is worth going after. Hmmm maby I see the first real team Firechicken in the distance that would be so cool we really want to help around here.

dude even the old comps would be great!!!!! even one of them!!!!!!! hope this can become a reality!!!!!!!!! best of luck:)

Movieman
09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Michael: Be glad to speak to anyone for you and if they want to talk in person give me a time and a tel# and I'll call..
Will PM you my email address
Dave

Firechicken
09-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Awsome thank you Dave, I got your PM. I'm not really sure what he would want to talk about in general, though I imagine as he is a little bit of a skeptic he just wants a little more details than we can provide, we were a little side struck he wanted to talk to some "authority so to speak" so David don't let him grind your gears about it, he's as plain as you or me the farm boy type you know? tell the guy straight up this is whats going on and if he dosn't like it too bad for him.I know I started this a bit early and Lisa is not at home untill the 22nd I belive, but I just wanted to start the ball rolling because this could be awsome if they decide to go for it.(just want to get my ducks in a row as I might be leaving again too for a bit) I dunno what they did with the old computers, maby gave em to some schools prob, I would also like to find that out aswell heh *Grin snicker snicker lol*

Again thank you for offering to do this, It took alot of brass from me to ask such a stupid thing around here and I'll let him know it too.

lv_dicedealer
09-12-2006, 07:26 PM

Victor is very picky about the projects he runs. In the past he has not been quick to jump into another project very quickly. BUT, once he decides on a project he is the most passionate and dedicated cruncher I have come a across.... Walk softly and carry a very big stick. Some people bring slingshots to gun fights, this boy brings a nuclear arsenal :D

brot
09-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow. That would be awsome.
Just imagine the work it would do.

Say her big thanks, even if she doesnt succed i will thank her very much for her efforts.