PDA

View Full Version : Points don't match...

RSmura
09-07-2006, 07:56 AM
My BOINC points for WCG don't match the number of points MY GRID says I have. MY GRID says I have over one million (must say like Dr. Evil) points and the BOINC Stats page says 156,000. What gives? I don't have any clients running the WCG only client. They are all BOINC.

Martijn
09-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Choose whatever you want, they're both correct. It is just that BOINC would give you less points if WCG were a BOINC project.

Firechicken
09-07-2006, 08:27 AM
Correct me if I am wrong but I belive 1 Boinc point = 7 WCG points so if you took 156,000 x 7 it comes out to in and around 100,000,000 - 109,000,000 WCG points. Sounds like you are right on the mark there.

Privateer
09-07-2006, 08:37 AM
Adywebb's answer, to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privateer
Thats gutting, I read boinc clients are faster, IF id installed UD on both of the PC, that have boinc on them they'd have done 1000 points by now.

Edit: I'm still learning my BOINC points have gone on the UD score, why's that ?
Also my team ranks are different, hows that possible, if WCG is the main body.

The UD client directly produces WCG points that do not appear in the Boinc stats, however Boinc produces Boinc 'credits' which contribute to the WCG Boinc only stats - and they are also multiplied by 7 and added to your overall WCG points.

Therefore there are two seperate sets of stats you can monitor, overall WCG stats which everyone at WCG contributes to (Boinc + UD), and the WCG Boinc only stats which only those using the Boinc client contribute to.

Have a look at post #12 HERE http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1692977for an explaination as to why there are two different clients.

If we look at your sig sats at the moment as an example - you have 446 WCG Boinc points which x7 = 3122 overall WCG points - the reason why it doesn't directly tally with your WCG points in the sig is because Boinc stats are updated in the sigs several times a day, whereas the WCG stats are updated once around midnight UTC.

The reason why the team ranks are different is that the WCG ranking includes everyone using UD client and Boinc, wheres as the WCG Boinc rank only includes those using Boinc.

Be assured the Boinc client will outscore the UD client

[XC] Adywebb
09-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Firechicken and Privateer have it covered :up:

Privateer
09-07-2006, 09:38 AM
Firechicken and Privateer have it covered :up:

I think a points system, should be a Sticky.

[XC] Adywebb
09-07-2006, 09:42 AM
You are probably right - it will no doubt come up again and again.

I will put something together later and ask one of the Admins if they will Sticky it :up:

RSmura
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the explanation. Great job.