PDA

View Full Version : Chieftec Full Tower

CCW
04-11-2003, 08:00 AM
Its the best case Ive ever had but its not big enough! Not enoguh room to space out drives, will draw the ultimate chieftec case in ms paint soon and upload the pic.

Craig

CCW
04-11-2003, 08:08 AM
OK, so the curtrent hdd bays are removed but fan holdings are stil lthere for good airflow, hdds in sepaarate bit at bottom with 120mm fan blowing in and 120mm fan blowing out

this would be so much better and allow all the air to get to the mobo also make it twice as wide so you could have 6 80mm fans in the front possibly, i have space to keep it outt athe way and this i think would be the ultimate chieftect case :D

btw, i do graphics and art

Craig

antipop
04-13-2003, 11:29 AM
That's a good idea of putting the drive under the case, but how would you do to take a hdd off or to replace it? Maybe you should put the hdd case on a rail or something like that

CCW
04-13-2003, 11:33 AM
i was thinknig the separate hdd compartment has a slide off side and then like the current chieftec dfrive bay holders you relaes the catch and the hdd bay comes out, only problem may be getting power down to that part of the case as far as i can see it ;)

pulverizer
04-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Yeah, looks good, but that would be a big waste of space in the bottom. You could just watercool everything, and put all that in the bottom... Here is a pic of what i am planning on doing this summer. Its been in the planning phase for quite some time, and I alreday bought and painted the 2nd cheiftec case for the project. Here is the Pic...

http://people.bu.edu/bpulver/casew.jpg

antipop
04-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Looks like KE project case :) Anyway that's a nice design and the black case looks awesome, maybe i should do something like that

CCW
04-13-2003, 11:19 PM
well anyways, you couldf use it for either if the hdds rach is a removable one like theyt sue now, just have a hole in bottom to put either pipes through or cvables and you could pretty muchuse it for anything

thats a good pic btw

Craig

Marci
04-27-2003, 03:44 AM
pulverizer... wanna make me one fer my rig??! stupidly cramped in my case at the mo!

pulverizer
04-27-2003, 07:01 AM
Haha Marci...
I will let you know how my project goes.
I will take plenty of pics and explain how I did it once I finish.
I only have 2 weeks of school left, then I will be starting on it, I will let you know how it works out.

CCW
04-27-2003, 12:56 PM
by the time youve bought the seconfd caser yuou might as well stick em side by side and have the hdds in one and watercoolnig in one etc or whatever and if its hdd's route the cables tidily etc for good airflow.....although it would be nice to have it all in one unit, let us know how it goes :D

Marci
06-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Did u get anywhere with this pulverizer? I now need something similar doing with a Chieftec AH-01SLD and Prommie MkII Base Unit.

CCW
06-18-2003, 08:18 PM
look in pulverisers thread, he has a pic of it completed.

Craig

Lunatic
06-20-2003, 06:20 PM
yeah i luv my new chieftec fulltower, pretty cheap, good airflow, ok PSU, REALLY BIG