PDA

View Full Version : New Setup

Dragoon42
09-04-2006, 07:58 PM
****EDIT***
Man so it looks like this deal might fall through. But now I still wanna upgrade my system. Cooling e6300 + 7900gt/x Wanna spend around $200 total:

Pump - Aqua 50z or MCP655
Cpu Block - Storm or TDX?
Gpu Block - MCW60
Res - ? (don't know much about res)
Rad - PA 120.x / MCR220
Case - ? (no clue on this one)

Anyways, my current WC setup is a koolance 601b. I've been trolling these forums for a bit, but still never had any hands on experience with new WC stuff. I don't mind buying used stuff, there's actually an aqua 50z used in the for sale/trade section of these forums that I'm probably about to pickup.

I have an AC vent and I wanna use this to the max. Yes it is the same AC vent as our heater, but I live in Alabama, and we keep the temp around 73C if not colder year roound. I got my Koolance in front of it and I get temps of 26c-33c. I was thinking of building an outside enclosure for the rad and having a push/pull fan setup for it (let ac vent hit i directly, and the air getting blown through doesn't go inside the case). Any suggestions/thoughts

Wanna hear some suggestions/thoughts before i put up a WTB or start searching around for prices hehe.

GAH I wanna pull this trigger so bad.

SVC.com:
DD TDX Cpu Block - $55 (comes with free reservoir http://www.svc.com/ddhdpres.html )
MCW60 Gpu Block - $60 (comes with the heatsinks)
MCR220 Rad - $40
Used 50z Pump (picking this up from the fs/t forums) - $40

Batman!
09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
D4 pump is fine..just a bit loud..

All looks good..however I would chosen eddy's Northbridge or Swiftech mcw 30 over the maze4 chipset but hey its a used setup. Overall not that bad. Make sure you keep cfm up for the HE series..

Nanometer
09-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Everything looks ok, just be sure to clean the gear very well. Leak test too.

septim
09-04-2006, 08:27 PM
1. its cheap enough considering its 2nd hand or you might haggle over the price somemore unless its shipping included...
2. also concern yourself with that bay reservoir, people are always warning about em...
3. if the panaflows still run quiet then no probs there...
4. is the D4 quiet?

[XC] DragonOrta
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
well, he's using an HE rad, which is to the PA almost what the BIX is to the BIP(IIRC), so higher speed fans would be more beneficial. Probably won't have to worry about the pump noise too much when taking into account the fans and rad.

Dragoon42
09-05-2006, 07:32 AM
I was just a bit worried about the d4. I was looking at the guides and it seems that it's discontinued.

Doh, what's wrong with the bay res?

septim
09-05-2006, 07:49 AM
it is 2nd hand, so to be expected some parts are not current like d4, now its d5 or a ddc...

bay res seems hard to bleed air with have to make sure that water level is higher than the res barbs, also might not know if it will last, plenty of comments regarding acylic res not lasting long...

Dragoon42
09-05-2006, 11:07 AM
it is 2nd hand, so to be expected some parts are not current like d4, now its d5 or a ddc...

bay res seems hard to bleed air with have to make sure that water level is higher than the res barbs, also might not know if it will last, plenty of comments regarding acylic res not lasting long...

gah looks like deal won't go through, too bad this just tempted me to want to buy a new setup. *sigh* time to troll sale/trade section now

also updated with a diff setup. Comments/suggestions?