View Full Version : PS3 loads slower than 360 AND won't ship with HDMI cable

Sanborn
09-04-2006, 07:48 PM
This gets better every week, honestly.

PS3 to load games slower than the Xbox 360
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/04/ps3-to-load-games-slower-than-the-xbox-360/

High-end PS3 shipping without HDMI cable
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/03/high-end-ps3-shipping-without-hdmi-cable/

So this is getting pretty impressive, and looking to go down as the most overprices POS in existance.

Vapor
09-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Well of course games are gonna be slow loading....Blu-Ray drive is SLOW and data files are HUGE. Hopefully the wait (in many ways) will be worth it....

Durzel
09-05-2006, 02:12 AM
This gets better every week, honestly.

PS3 to load games slower than the Xbox 360
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/04/ps3-to-load-games-slower-than-the-xbox-360/

High-end PS3 shipping without HDMI cable
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/03/high-end-ps3-shipping-without-hdmi-cable/

So this is getting pretty impressive, and looking to go down as the most overprices POS in existance.We get it, you're an Xbox fanboy. :) You don't have to keep posting these threads over and over again - I'm sure we can all make our minds up!

Sanborn
09-05-2006, 03:24 AM
We get it, you're an Xbox fanboy. :) You don't have to keep posting these threads over and over again - I'm sure we can all make our minds up!

No no....this is a "need to know" basis ;) I don't want any of you wasting your hard earned money on a $50 piece of plastic. And I'm not a 360 "fanboy" seeing as how I own one game and its Saints Row (very buggy). Think of it as more of a "PC gamer whos pissed off at a million people saying the end of PC games is near"

IMCL85
09-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Sony always trying to ripped my pocket with there soo called PS3 or other new product. Every time when a newthing show up people wand up spending lots of $ on something that ain't really worth it. Samething should apply to sony and microsoft but how ever. Microsoft didn't ripped me as hard tho. Consider that on a 7900GT graphic card are mostly = to the perfermance of 360. and yes I test it personally. Not much difference hehe. and the prize come down to 350 vs 399(canadian). compare that to ps3 lol 699. totally ripped off. why would I be spending :banana::banana::banana::banana: load of crap for blueray while the game experiance it provide is just pretty much the same as 360 not to mention the cost of the blueray disk is gonna be insaned as well probably arround 90 dollars per game. on last e3 I realize that the new generation of gaming from sony is really a focking joke lol(game freeze happen alot). Well you probably say I'm a xbox fanboy but no I play nitendo as well and WII is just godly I just pre order mine not long ago. I have to ammit I'm no sony's boy but how ever people nowaday just over rated sony. I see no difference from its current ps2 to xbox(not 360). And consider that 360 wouldn't have much difference to ps3 either.

IMCL85
09-05-2006, 02:56 PM
No no....this is a "need to know" basis ;) I don't want any of you wasting your hard earned money on a $50 piece of plastic. And I'm not a 360 "fanboy" seeing as how I own one game and its Saints Row (very buggy). Think of it as more of a "PC gamer whos pissed off at a million people saying the end of PC games is near"

Totally agree with you after I bought my 7900 I realize PC is really the next generation of gaming. and for the 700 dollars for PS3 I rather use them for my xfx7950gx2 hehe.

Soulburner
09-05-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't think its going to be a big deal that it "loads slower". From what I have been reading in my mags, the system has enough memory to load an entire game once (or at least an entire, very large area), and never need to load again as long as you play.

MrDeeds
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Do you know how long it takes madden 07 on the 360 to load when you first turn it on? I think this is just what we have to deal with when it comes to these so called "next gen" console games.

ugp
09-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Everything when it first comes out is going to suck ass. Look at the Xbox 360...half were overheating...and I bet PS3 will have problems as well. This is what you get when you buy a first generation of any product.

Same thing when you buy a PC game when it is first released...tons of bugs.

DonS1mpson
09-10-2006, 04:33 AM
What's with all this sony hating? The odds are in their favour as they have had the best selling consoles for two genarations in a Row.

The Wii will probably end up like the GameCube - Not a bad console in itself, but will have a game line up of baby games like "Mario" and "Pokemon" :roll:

The XBOX360 will probably be the best selling though, by the time the others are on the market, the price of the XBOX will be a lot lower and most of the bugs will have been ironed out.

But the PS3 will be the XBOX one of the new genaration. It's a step forward in consoles, but it might turn out to be a tad ahead of it's time.

Only time will tell, so STFU and wait ;)

Soulburner
09-10-2006, 08:04 AM
What's with all this sony hating? The odds are in their favour as they have had the best selling consoles for two genarations in a Row.

The Wii will probably end up like the GameCube - Not a bad console in itself, but will have a game line up of baby games like "Mario" and "Pokemon" :roll:
Not true at all. They have games like Red Steel and Resident Evil (among others). I don't think it will be like the GC at all.

The XBOX360 will probably be the best selling though, by the time the others are on the market, the price of the XBOX will be a lot lower and most of the bugs will have been ironed out.

But the PS3 will be the XBOX one of the new genaration. It's a step forward in consoles, but it might turn out to be a tad ahead of it's time.
Nintendo is not aiming to directly compete with Microsoft and Sony this time. They know they don't have as powerful of hardware. What they are doing is finding their place in the market. What they are going to aim for is to make their Wii the consumer's 2nd console. Something that an XBox 360, or PS3 owner will pick up to complement their main console, and I think its a clever stragegy with their pricing.

Absolute_0
09-10-2006, 08:18 AM
ugp, half of the 360s had overheating problems? The failure rate was well within the margin of error for modern electronics (i'll bet P5W-DHs had a higher fail rate!). The handful of overheating 'boxes were posted online and it became way out of proportion.

As for what you read in a magazine about PS3's abilities, i would take it with a grain of salt. It was in a magazine, years ago, that i read about how PS3 would have more processing power than 100 Pentium 4s, and would use the Internet to share resources with other computers and use them for CPU calculations. Which is so ludicrous that even the magazine said that Sony was retarded for saying it. I'm more inclined to believe that it loads slow.

Right now i want nothing more than to see Sony fail, as the success of this piece of junk system would be an injustice to the evolution of modern entertainment.

ExtraPickles
09-10-2006, 08:48 AM
HDMI cables are cheap... http://www.monoprice.com

-pickles

Soulburner
09-10-2006, 11:41 AM
As for what you read in a magazine about PS3's abilities, i would take it with a grain of salt. It was in a magazine, years ago, that i read about how PS3 would have more processing power than 100 Pentium 4s, and would use the Internet to share resources with other computers and use them for CPU calculations. Which is so ludicrous that even the magazine said that Sony was retarded for saying it. I'm more inclined to believe that it loads slow.
Are you talking about me? I am reading current magazines, from game reviewers and market insiders, as well as the game creators themselves. This is new news, and not the outlandish stuff you read years ago.

SKiLL3D
09-10-2006, 12:58 PM
whatever - NINTENDO WiiLL own this christmas. no need for overpriced HD-overkillGFX-Noise - Innovation&Gameplay are selling better...and cheaper@Nintendo^^

iLL

specv
09-10-2006, 02:12 PM
HDMI cables are cheap... http://www.monoprice.com

-pickles
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=2412&seq=1&format=2

$6 for a HDMI cable, thats certainly cheap

ugp
09-10-2006, 05:24 PM
See with HDMI cables when people walk into Radio Shack where I work we sell them a $100 Monster Cable for there high end TVs... :) And they never get returned. Cables do make a difference. Takes someone that knows what they are looking at to tell the difference...same thing with audio quality.

I honestly think it is just going to be Blu-Ray that fails. The features of HD-DVD are so much better. With HD-DVD you can have a DVD format and HD-DVd format on one disc make it much more easier for people to buy because most will not have either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray to start with and really the only reason to switch is if you have a 1080p TV that supports it.

Right now 720p is fine and is almost exactly the same as 1080i. There really isn't much difference between 720p and 1080i. But a huge difference stepping up into 1080p.

Blu-Ray in itself is just way too expensive and it seems to me Sony is trying to push it way too much with the PS3 by selling it at the price they are considering how much a Blu-Ray DVD player goes for by itself.

Anyway my vote is for it to fail...Sony needs to fail...so that they can rethink there strategy and come up with something better. Sony tries to dominate way too much just like Microsoft does with Windows. I myself like helping out the smaller people like Apple and smaller companies. For instance I would rather buy from some small ma and pop shop then a big store like Circuit City, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart. Else those smaller companies have a harder time staying up with things.

eallan
09-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I'll be getting one. To sit next to my 360 and every other system i can't not buy.

:( I think i have a problem.