PDA

View Full Version : Fatal1ty Gaming Keyboard

Pinnacle
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
http://images.creative.com/iss/images/products/headers/prod15332_hdr_1_6_1.jpg

http://creative.com/products/product.asp?category=493&subcategory=495&product=15332

BlackX
09-04-2006, 11:48 AM
From the first look I thought "Oh.. another one useless overpriced toy from the Fatal1ty series". But it seems to be very nice KB and I would love to try one. Still probably highly overpriced. :slapass:

RaZz!
09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
mh, lol, well, it definately reminds me of the speed-link illuminated flat metal keyboard -> http://www.com-tra.de/img/p/07033_o.jpg :p:

Starscream
09-04-2006, 11:55 AM
looks like a cheap copy of the ...
damn its at the tip of my tongue but i cant remember the damn name.

anyway im sticking to my G15 and my cheap ass 5 bucks Cherry OEM keyboard.

nike
09-04-2006, 12:04 PM
lol wtf.. get a sharkoon keyboard .. make it black .. paste fatality name on it and viola .. u hav a product as good as every idiot buys coz of the name on it .. bah fu fatality.. what an idiot .. lol tahts poor ^^ get a product.. make it look funny .. put sumwher a fatality sticker on it n sell it as teh uberkeyboard just 4 teh progamez0rwannabes lmao

Haltech
09-04-2006, 12:05 PM
Cheap and cheesy.. G15 walks all over it. I bet it will be priced at like $79

Revv23
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
pretty much all of the fatilty gear was around before fatality, just look at his fatpad knockoff...

the creative mouse is pretty much the only thing i can think of that is unique to mr wendel, and that thing sucks.

Thrilla
09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
They should make clear keyboards for laptops, then make clear shells for them and put lots of LEDs in it.

That one looks a lot like the $12 back lit keyboard my friend bought 2 years ago. I can put a sticker with 1337ness on it and sell for similar prices XD

biohead
09-04-2006, 02:05 PM
there are dozens of keyboards with the same style and flexibility (laptop feel), but just without the stupid logo and without a price I could buy RAM for.

[XC] hipno650
09-04-2006, 02:09 PM
that is so dumb. come on at least make it good. i love my g15:) and this thing can't hold a candel to it!!!!!

Tanktanium
09-04-2006, 02:16 PM
I know fatal1ty personally, and I have been at his house, and have used those keyboards before, except the one I used had dr pepper spilled all over it :/

It has very soft keys and it feels more like a laptop keyboard more than anything else. Not a lot of button travel, so movement can be a bit quicker.

RPGWiZaRD
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Bah to me it looks like it's going in the wrong direction, I can't use and hate laptop feel kb's.

Classic Keytronic ftw! That's imo the best gaming and all around KB. ;)

Got mine since 2001 or 1998 can't remember if I got a new one or not. Anyways it's still kickin and all keys works perfectly and won't ever swap it out as long as all important keys still work. :D

Especially the F keys seems to suck on newer KBs, why so small and why so tight? eww

One thing that's better with them is the design tho, can't say this Keytronic is any sexier than my 80+ year old female neighbour but at least it works. :rolleyes:

mr_knowitall15
09-04-2006, 02:29 PM
ill admit it LOOKS kinda cool, but i bet its overpriced and not as good as other options. WHEN WILL COMAPNIES STOP MAKING PRODUCTS FROM THIS DOUCHE?!?!?!???

Revv23
09-04-2006, 02:37 PM
ill admit it LOOKS kinda cool, but i bet its overpriced and not as good as other options. WHEN WILL COMAPNIES STOP MAKING PRODUCTS FROM THIS DOUCHE?!?!?!???

when they stop making money from him.

;)

AzraelDarkangel
09-04-2006, 02:38 PM
They say in the add it's basicaly a custom EluminX like this one:
http://www.eluminx.com/product.asp?pid=5
I use and like a laptop style keyboard but it can be a pain for people with bigger hands or if you aren't used to it. I like the shorter, softer keystrokes, sort of like a hair trigger. I wish Deck made an illuminated laptop style keyboard. Anyone seen an illuminated laptop style keyboard where the individual letters are illuminated?

Cobalt
09-04-2006, 02:51 PM
I have a MS 500 P/S2 keyboard and its perfect for me and cheap. The only other keyboard I'm interested in is that one with the OLED keys. I would pay serious money for that :)

But this is just tat. There are quite a few illuminated keyboards out there and even some with the same type of keys, yet they will be less than half the price of this.

Pumbaa
09-04-2006, 03:03 PM
i personnally hate that FLAT design. It still gives no more interesting than my standard KB.

Tanktanium
09-04-2006, 03:10 PM

Pardon me, but he's not a douche. Stop passing judgement on people you've never met.

Bloody_Sorcerer
09-04-2006, 03:12 PM
the only 2 good keyboards:
the classic ones that have a very audible "thunk" when you hit keys and can hold enough food (in crumb form) to feed an army
and the optimus keyboard ;)

and he's not a douche, he's just smarter than all of us. who's the one with a product line and who isn't? :fact:

[XC] hipno650
09-04-2006, 03:24 PM
my g15 kills that in looks. does that have an lcd screen..........din't think so!

Starscream
09-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Pardon me, but he's not a douche. Stop passing judgement on people you've never met.

i think what he meant to say was:
fatality products plain simply suck on a price performence ratio.
Fatality products are usualy already existing products with a higher price and some times a other colour scheme.

Like the Zalman CPU/GPu coolers.
they were basicly the normal ones but with a other colour and higher RPM wich made em cool slightly better for 10 euro more in price.

Dito now with this keyboard.
it basicly is a already existing board with a fatality sticker onit and a higher price.

like said by revv23 the only Fatality product that is unique is his Mouse.
And maybe fatality himself likes the feel of that mouse but from what i gather from most forums is that most people dislike its form/feel.

hey i dont know the guy so i cant say if hes a smacktard or a really nice guy (from the people that know/have met him they all say hes nice) and i can kind of understand that he tries ot make cash out of letting companies use his name but the products that they slap his name on usualy suck ass on price performence. ya hel be laughing all the way to the bank but he is kind of ruining his brand name.

mr_knowitall15
09-04-2006, 04:07 PM
lol thx starscream, you clarifyed my post before i could :D.

who's the one with a product line and who isn't?
heheh i can see it know... mr_knowitalls perfect gaming mouse, keyboard, screen, coolers, cases, desk, chair, energy product, jet aircraft... All coming soon.

exhausted mule
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
i use a logitech media keyboard for my gaming machine. its the best compromise between both worlds.

it has enough keystroke to "feel" your way through several keys and short so that when you do press down its fast.

NickS
09-04-2006, 05:00 PM
i use a logitech media keyboard for my gaming machine. its the best compromise between both worlds.

it has enough keystroke to "feel" your way through several keys and short so that when you do press down its fast.

Same here :)

lowfat
09-04-2006, 06:17 PM
EluminX keyboards are POS. I had one about a month before keys started breaking off.

cMw
09-04-2006, 06:35 PM
hopefully someone will putup a review of it soon

Tanktanium
09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
i think what he meant to say was:
fatality products plain simply suck on a price performence ratio.
Fatality products are usualy already existing products with a higher price and some times a other colour scheme.

Like the Zalman CPU/GPu coolers.
they were basicly the normal ones but with a other colour and higher RPM wich made em cool slightly better for 10 euro more in price.

Dito now with this keyboard.
it basicly is a already existing board with a fatality sticker onit and a higher price.

like said by revv23 the only Fatality product that is unique is his Mouse.
And maybe fatality himself likes the feel of that mouse but from what i gather from most forums is that most people dislike its form/feel.

hey i dont know the guy so i cant say if hes a smacktard or a really nice guy (from the people that know/have met him they all say hes nice) and i can kind of understand that he tries ot make cash out of letting companies use his name but the products that they slap his name on usualy suck ass on price performence. ya hel be laughing all the way to the bank but he is kind of ruining his brand name.

The mouse is all right, but I prefer Razer and Logitech mice. Creative's coming out with a new fatal1ty mouse, the 20/20, which is 2000 DPI and laser. A friend of mine got the regular one, but I haven't really had a chance to play around with it yet. Depending on how it holds up in general usage, I might switch to it.

Starscream
09-05-2006, 05:12 AM
The mouse is all right, but I prefer Razer and Logitech mice. Creative's coming out with a new fatal1ty mouse, the 20/20, which is 2000 DPI and laser. A friend of mine got the regular one, but I haven't really had a chance to play around with it yet. Depending on how it holds up in general usage, I might switch to it.

a m8 of mine had the fatality mouse and he let me use it for a week.
in fast FPS its pretty nice but after some 15 minuts its shape (the way i had to hold it) started to annoy me so i went back to my logitech.

arisythila
09-05-2006, 06:45 AM
I helped design a keyboard like that, but ours has 3 LED's under each key, and depending on what the key was used for, and what kind of game it was, The keys would light up different colors. So you knew which one was which..

Im not exactly sure what happened to the company tho... :-(

~Mike

NickS
09-05-2006, 07:20 AM
You know it's quite funny. People pay a premium for special keyboards when they're all manufactured similarly the same. For example, brands sell "thin" keyboards at a price premium. The total opposite, thick old IBM keyboards can go for more than $100 for a new one. Why can't people be happy with regular old keyboards that dont break and dont short out if you spill stuff in them?

My Logitech Media for example, has had almost a half glass of milk spilled into it before. There was so much in it that it pooled around the spacebar, but I kept on typing until later that night :p:. Before I went to bed I put it in the shower and rinsed it out. Let the thing dry overnight and used it like new the next day. :) That is durability. Plus its great for gaming too, you can use like 4-5 keys at a time. My Logitech MX1000 has been dropped on hard surfaces a number of times too. Their products are indestructable I swear. Mouse is 10 months old in 10 days, and KB about 6 months old.

FLMJIGGY
09-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Nice looking KB. Have a cheapie kb and so far it's doing me ok. However I do like the thin and laptop feel. Don't want to spend a fortuna and just need a fw media keys and some "memory" keys.

It will probably be $100 for that Fatality.

Dillusion
09-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Ill keep my G15. The KB uses eluminiX stuff, so its probably going to be like 60-80$

Haltech
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I know fatal1ty personally, and I have been at his house, and have used those keyboards before, except the one I used had dr pepper spilled all over it :/

It has very soft keys and it feels more like a laptop keyboard more than anything else. Not a lot of button travel, so movement can be a bit quicker.

So you think the size of the button hinders reaction time? Cmon, ive been gaming for years dude and used many kb's.. The bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:s getting deep in here :slap:

Revv23
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
So you think the size of the button hinders reaction time? Cmon, ive been gaming for years dude and used many kb's.. The bull:banana::banana::banana::banana:s getting deep in here :slap:

he is saying that the stroke of the key is less, so less distance traveled when pushing it down... like a laptop...

i dont think i would like that in games personally.

Tanktanium
09-05-2006, 08:54 PM
he is saying that the stroke of the key is less, so less distance traveled when pushing it down... like a laptop...

i dont think i would like that in games personally.

It's not nearly as annoying as laptop keyboards. The keys are actually properly spaced apart, so no mis-strokes. I like the soft feel, and if I'd been able to use it properly (as in, no sticky dr pepper in it), I think i'd quite like it.

Shift
09-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Man screw Fatal1ty. All he does is sit on his @$$ and play games all day and win tournament money. Then to to it off big companies like Creative and Abit pay him to have his name on their products. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!

I bought the Creative Fatal1ty mouse b/c it was on sale, and it was worthless garbage. Software sucked and it was way too small. I returned it and got a G5. Screw this keyboard and just get a G15, or even an MS Natural keyboard.

BobyTT
09-06-2006, 12:12 PM
One more vote for G15.

The first impression , is that this is realy cool KB (i am talking about fatality) but then you realise that its nothing special , just a iluminated KBD , and what about "gaming" stuff? NADA! G15 is the way to go.. i programed all my G keyes and its awsome.

Kanten
09-06-2006, 06:52 PM
I think I'll be sticking with my G15. Still a winner in my book.

ewsforos
09-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Well dudes, I don't know what you think, but ---> THIS (http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/) <--- is what I call a keyboard...

Feel free to drool... God knows I did when I first saw it :)

Ssilencer
09-06-2006, 11:13 PM
Man screw Fatal1ty. All he does is sit on his @$$ and play games all day and win tournament money. Then to to it off big companies like Creative and Abit pay him to have his name on their products. WHEN WILL THEY LEARN!!!

I bought the Creative Fatal1ty mouse b/c it was on sale,... .

:stick::clap: :clap: :clap:
:owned:

[cTx]Philosophy
09-06-2006, 11:22 PM
WOW that optimus rocks, whats the price tag on that beast?

ewsforos
09-06-2006, 11:31 PM
Will be out soon TM :)

It is being in the design board for 2 years now, and it is sait to be released "end of 2006". So hopefully soon enough...

It's definately the mother of all keyboards though!

One thing is for sure, it ain't gonna be cheap. But I think it definately worths it, both feature and design-wise :rolleyes:

Daveb2012
09-07-2006, 01:19 AM
i'm not into any thing by fatality, I have had only bad luck with there products.

Tanktanium
09-07-2006, 07:14 AM

I bought the Creative Fatal1ty mouse b/c it was on sale, and it was worthless garbage. Software sucked and it was way too small. I returned it and got a G5. Screw this keyboard and just get a G15, or even an MS Natural keyboard.

You clearly have misconceptions about professional gamers. He also runs his own business, and he does have a life, and a gf....I'm sure Toxic and cooller and whoever else have lives too....

biohead
09-07-2006, 10:45 AM

He does have a life, I guess that's what bothering you the most.

Anyway I just got an x-fi fatal1ty soundcard and it's awesome, no complaints at all.