PDA

View Full Version : Best Points Day Yet!!

[XC] Adywebb
09-03-2006, 10:52 PM
Yesterday XS were the 4th highest scorers with over 650K WCG points and reached #225 overall - RSmura contributed a massive 117K :cool:

In the WCG Boinc stats XS were the highest scorers with 92K putting us at #41, this was 16K more than the #1 team Easynews and a massive 50K more than the second placed team Clubic.

At the current rate XS will snatch the #2 Boinc spot within 5 months - so how about cutting it to 2 months by doubling the output :woot:

NickS
09-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Movieman has PM'ed DDT, so hopefully he'll switch everything over to WCG. I have the link in my sig now too, so maybe we can double our output within a month or so. :woot:

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Not bad for a group of nerds and geeks :toast:

rob725
09-04-2006, 05:53 AM
Shouldn't that be Xtreme nerds and geeks. :D :toast:

Martijn
09-04-2006, 06:33 AM
In 10 days we should prepare for our BBQ, we are overtaking the cows soon :D

[XC] hipno650
09-04-2006, 06:37 AM
:woot: lets keep it up!!!! i have geting pms of people asking to join us!!!!!

[XC] Adywebb
09-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Another new high reached with the latest update - 736K WCG points scored and now at #197 overall.

In the Boinc stats highest scorers again with over 103K scored - thats 25K more than Easynews and 51K more than the #2 team Clubic :woot:

Any bets on cracking the 1 Million point mark soon?

Privateer
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
I've added one, it returned 404 points. I hope it helps.

Firechicken
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM
In 10 days we should prepare for our BBQ, we are overtaking the cows soon :D

Just dont throw any chickens in there!:D

[XC] mysticmerlin
09-04-2006, 10:02 PM
He!! cook the chicken with the cow, all good eats!!
I have 6 running and hope to get 2 more running by week's end.
All I got, need DDt in here or just a bunch of p3ople w/ single cpus to crucnch the grid. Cancer is a big deal ya'll, My dad died from skin cancer on 12/03/95. It is not a good thing. Let's keep up the goood work and get all on XS to join the XS WCG cruncher! Don't let my dad die in vain! Come help us and your self some day.

Privateer
09-05-2006, 07:31 AM
Whats to soon,
1 PC with the UD client has finished 2 WU and put up 796 points, but another 2 PC's have BOINC on them and the finished WU's are not registering yet.

rob725
09-05-2006, 09:15 AM
I think they update their stats every six hours.

Privateer
09-05-2006, 09:29 AM
I think they update their stats every six hours.
OK thanks.

Sussed it, look at my stats.

[XC] moddolicous
09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Alright, well I feel like an idiot asking again, but how are you guys checking the stats? I cant find it on the wcg homepage, and free-dc's is always weird, so any help is appreciated.

Privateer
09-05-2006, 09:51 AM
Alright, well I feel like an idiot asking again, but how are you guys checking the stats? I cant find it on the wcg homepage, and free-dc's is always weird, so any help is appreciated.

Same boat here, I'm crap at doing things.

[XC]melymel
09-05-2006, 10:04 AM
I'm checking stats from their teams stats pages linked to from here: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewTeams.do

hope it helps :toast:

[XC] Adywebb
09-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Go to WCG and click on the Statistics (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do) tab in the upper navi bar, then use the left side menu to look up the various stats :thumbsup:

rob725
09-05-2006, 11:37 AM
From the boinc manager, I click "My Grid" button. From there you can look at your total stats, device stats or jumb to "My Team"

rob725
09-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Also, this is a helpful page:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=points

[XC] Adywebb
09-05-2006, 11:55 AM
Also, this is a helpful page:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/help/viewTopic.do?shortName=points
Yep it is :thumbsup: - I should have posted it earlier, sorry :doh:

rob725
09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
From that page:

"Hard Disk Storage: On your preferences page, you set the megabytes of hard disk space allocated and available to World Community Grid projects. The lesser of the amount of hard drive space allocated and the amount of total space available on your hard drive partition, is divided by the Hard Disk Storage value of World Community Grid Comparison Device. The result of this calculation is then multiplied by the run time used to complete the work unit and return the results to World Community Grid Servers."

Could this be a way for slower machines to up their points a little?;)

[XC] Adywebb
09-05-2006, 01:28 PM
From that page:

"Hard Disk Storage: On your preferences page, you set the megabytes of hard disk space allocated and available to World Community Grid projects. The lesser of the amount of hard drive space allocated and the amount of total space available on your hard drive partition, is divided by the Hard Disk Storage value of World Community Grid Comparison Device. The result of this calculation is then multiplied by the run time used to complete the work unit and return the results to World Community Grid Servers."

Could this be a way for slower machines to up their points a little?;)
That is for the UD agent only - not Boinc. The UD agent uses a different way of benchmarking calculated using measurement of CPU/RAM/HDD.

Slower machines are still better off with Boinc :up:

meshmesh
09-05-2006, 02:20 PM
Whats to soon,
1 PC with the UD client has finished 2 WU and put up 796 points, but another 2 PC's have BOINC on them and the finished WU's are not registering yet.

If you can, move tha machine to BOINC client too. you will ge better credit this way. No need for the UD client any more.

In case you don't know: Your BOINC credit counts in both scores. UD credit counts on WCG scores only.

Shaotai
09-05-2006, 02:25 PM
i moved my three rigs to wcg now.. :) not impressive, but it helps... (That's what I keep telling myself...)

Firechicken
09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
i moved my three rigs to wcg now.. :) not impressive, but it helps... (That's what I keep telling myself...)

Hey bud, you bet it helps every last bit of anything that can run this helps, your rigs might find and hold a major key to create a cure. Your part of team XS where even the smallest PII is appreciated, or even just helping out and spreading the word for our team and cause:D

M.

Privateer
09-06-2006, 12:19 AM
If you can, move tha machine to BOINC client too. you will ge better credit this way. No need for the UD client any more.

In case you don't know: Your BOINC credit counts in both scores. UD credit counts on WCG scores only.

I'm still learning, but now All 3 of my Toys are on BOINC, I noticed the BOINC points, going to both aswell.

Privateer
09-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Yesterday XS were the 4th highest scorers with over 650K WCG points and reached #225 overall - RSmura contributed a massive 117K :cool:

In the WCG Boinc stats XS were the highest scorers with 92K putting us at #41, this was 16K more than the #1 team Easynews and a massive 50K more than the second placed team Clubic.

At the current rate XS will snatch the #2 Boinc spot within 5 months - so how about cutting it to 2 months by doubling the output :woot:

What links do you use, to get those stats, also I got a BOINC page up and I've no idea how I did it, do you ? Thanks.

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 09:09 AM
What links do you use, to get those stats, also I got a BOINC page up and I've no idea how I did it, do you ? Thanks.
WCG Boinc Only Stats (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=bwcg) - just navigate around the menu, and click on XS to bring up the team stats.

WCG Overall Stats (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewGlobal.do) - use the left side menus to look at teams/Members stats.

There are also WCG overall stats monitored at Free-DC (http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=wcg), but they only include those teams that have requested to be monitored, XS is on there - but there are only 36 teams in total out of the several thousand, so to be honest they are not that much use except for looking directly at our team to see how individual members are doing.

vaio
09-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Complimicated innit :D
Hi Ady :)

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi pup :wave:

Yep it certainly is - over 100 'quality' posts now in quick smappy time, 99 explaining the points system :lol2:

vaio
09-06-2006, 09:48 AM
You'll pass me soon and I been here-ish well over a year.
But then you're an XS teamie :slapass: :D

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 09:52 AM
You know me pup - I'm a DC prostitute :p:

Another good reason is it would be good to see that 'other well known team' knocked down a place ;)

vaio
09-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Mot? :d

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 09:56 AM
I couldn't possibly comment....

vaio
09-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Golly gosh, of course not :D

phicks
09-06-2006, 10:13 AM
Us innocent bystanders can only hope. :banana:

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Yep! :D

Hiya Patty :buddies:

phicks
09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi Ady :toast:

RSmura
09-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I feel left out. Hi Ady!

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi Hi :D

.....maybe we should start a Hi thread :p:

Martijn
09-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Hi Ady!! :D

Privateer
09-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Hi Ady

phicks
09-06-2006, 12:58 PM
But are you boys willing to give Ady a big kiss? :eek: :p:

[XC]melymel
09-06-2006, 01:00 PM

No, but Hi anyway (postcount+1) :D

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 01:20 PM
:eek: :slapass:

Movieman
09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
No, but if you look anything like your avatar I'm game..
The key is that you have to be at least 1 day older than my oldest daughter!:D

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 01:44 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/whistling.gif

phicks
09-06-2006, 01:55 PM
No, but if you look anything like your avatar I'm game..
The key is that you have to be at least 1 day older than my oldest daughter!:D

Sorry unfortunately I don't look anything like her. :p:

Movieman
09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Sorry unfortunately I don't look anything like her. :p:
scale from 1 to 10??? My standards have dropped as my years grew!:D
Ahh guys, We could link her to that "fishing" pic and she wouldn't stop running till she hit Tahiti!:rofl:

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/ad/whistling.gif
What? You not known for shyness. Say what's on your mind!:rolleyes:

brot
09-06-2006, 02:42 PM
:) Maybe his gf was watching him while writing.

Looking at the freedc's boinc wcg stats is always funny. We have no threads, only conquests *hrhr*

(also, atm i am in front of you movieman. if only i wouldn know that you could beat me in one day ;) )

DAK1640
09-06-2006, 02:49 PM

Hey fellow team-mate...where do you get these stats from? Everytime I go to the WCG stats page, it's blank...:confused:

brot
09-06-2006, 02:51 PM
maaaaaaaaaaaybe here: http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=bwcg&team=XtremeSystems

:)

DAK1640
09-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Thank You, I've bookmarked. I must be going to the wrong stats page?

Movieman
09-06-2006, 03:02 PM
:) Maybe his gf was watching him while writing.

Looking at the freedc's boinc wcg stats is always funny. We have no threads, only conquests *hrhr*

(also, atm i am in front of you movieman. if only i wouldn know that you could beat me in one day ;) )
I'm still on Nhenho's F@H account helping him since last Friday so nothing on WCG since then. And what makes you think I'm a powerhouse?
Cripes, I bet you have more there than I have here..
Just a couple old Intel systems, sold the dothan rig, still got the cpu to sell..770(2130mhz)
That's it, 2 systems..and one that is 1/2 way..just one cpu in it..
There are also 2 P3 xeon systems, a DX700 and a quad 600 but those are too inefficient to use anymore..If anyone has 4-900/2mb/100 P3 xeons that might be worth running.:D

kiwi
09-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey Movieman, is that you in your avatar? :D

I don't have many rigs but I switched to WCG :)

After a massive Rosetta RAC decrease for no reason really.

WCG is great in stability testing too :)

3oh6
09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
WCG is great in stability testing too :)
that is what i was wondering. i haven't had time to test it as a good long term stability test instead of wasting cycles running stressprime. i know Rosetta was the best stability test. 6 hours prime stable wasn't alwasy Rosetta stable...anyone have any testing done, either for or against using WCG as a good long term stress test?

brot
09-06-2006, 03:19 PM
I am not thinkin you are a powerhouse, but i am mostly running old hardware - i think with only one c2d you could beat me. If I would sort out my pcs because of inefficiency i wouldnt have my dualp3 :/ (allthough it seems that its using very small amounts of power, but as it even doesnt have a gfx-card or cdrom-drive ;) )

kiwi
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM
that is what i was wondering. i haven't had time to test it as a good long term stability test instead of wasting cycles running stressprime. i know Rosetta was the best stability test. 6 hours prime stable wasn't alwasy Rosetta stable...anyone have any testing done, either for or against using WCG as a good long term stress test?

They are very similar, in fact I think there should be very little difference, they both use BOINC client, both validate results, both stress cpu (and ram). So yea, better run WCG instead of Prime :D

I will try testing more, I haven't had any invalid results yet.

rob725
09-06-2006, 03:26 PM

It seems pretty good to me. I had to back one of my a64 rigs (that I thought was stable) down to get it wcg stable. So when I get a little time, I will use wcg to see if I can inch it back up a little.

brot
09-06-2006, 03:29 PM
and the human proetome folding project uses the rosetta application to crunch. so this should be really the same ;)

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey fellow team-mate...where do you get these stats from? Everytime I go to the WCG stats page, it's blank...:confused:
The links are in my post #28 above - although there are problems with the Free-DC Overall WCG Points Stats at the moment, Boinc are fine...

Movieman
09-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Saw your score today with Hipro..He's quite a guy.
He is one of the few that what you see is what you get: An old fashioned, principled guy who is also as sharp as they come when it comes to electronics.
Very happy for you!:clap:

3oh6
09-06-2006, 03:50 PM
They are very similar, in fact I think there should be very little difference, they both use BOINC client, both validate results, both stress cpu (and ram). So yea, better run WCG instead of Prime :D

I will try testing more, I haven't had any invalid results yet.
thats what i was thinking but like you, haven't had any bad results either. of course i haven't been running anything on WCG that should or might be un-stable so naturally i wouldn't expect any problems.

i have found that there is a good 10C difference between WCG load and Prime load with Prime being the hotter of the two, anyone else seen a difference that big? that is on my e6300 at 3.7GHz and change under a SS. thanx for the info Kinc and if you or anyone else does find anything of interest down the road please pass the info on, i of course will as well.

Saw your score today with Hipro..He's quite a guy.
He is one of the few that what you see is what you get: An old fashioned, principled guy who is also as sharp as they come when it comes to electronics.
Very happy for you!:clap:
hehe, thanx...i couldn't be happier as i had full intentions of picking one up as soon as he had a NA distributer. trust me, XS will see plenty of that monster at work, i gaurantee that. what he did in throwing in a second one was the perfect example of what kind of guy he is.