PDA

View Full Version : Is watercooling/upgrading the NB cooler on the P5B-Deluxe worth it?

ReD.SkY
09-03-2006, 02:40 PM
I need a NB that will outperform the current heatpipe thing. And it has to be no louder than 20db... but passive is preferred.

I have looked into the HR-05, but i have no idea how it will perform.

I CAN watercool the chipset only if its worth it. i like to screw with my rig a lot so a NB waterblock might be a little too much of a hassle, but like i said, if its worth it its ok.

So basically the biggest Question is.... how much more FSB will watercooling the chipset get me?

Batman!
09-03-2006, 03:47 PM
Ive heard 20-30mhz on some boards. Especially on 965 chipsets where you really start adding that voltage, which as you probally know is the key to high oc's on these boards.

If you really dont want to add all that much restriction, I would get a mcw30. Only costs 30 bucks and gets the job done. I just bought one for mine and its been working great.

But becareful on the routing from cpu to nb. The stupid hook clips that swiftech includes can be a bit of a PITA, but work decently.

ReD.SkY
09-03-2006, 03:51 PM
i know about which watercooler to get... but i guess it is worth it :)

alrighty then :)

i made a thead in the intel section... and apparently, these boards are very hot

linflas
09-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I have the p5wdg2 ws pro, and cool the NB as I run the full voltage through it, never gets hotter than 30C with the water, most people on stock report temps in the 50's, so made a big difference on my rig

Haltech
09-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Eva2000 made a post in this section with his new NB waterblock. search his name in this section, im sure it will pop up.