PDA

View Full Version : Canada (toronto) Company for cut copper

Denun
09-01-2006, 04:07 PM
I'd like to build my own project but i need to cut and model some copper/alluminium, u know where i can find a small company/shop inside GTA that can do this work for me?

thx a lot :)

Lurid
09-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Any CNC shop, and shops that do things like rebuild motors and custom fabrication kinda stuff. You can buy copper slabs and stuff online if you can't find them locally.

Denun
09-01-2006, 06:03 PM
thx Lurid, u know at least one of those cnc shop?

pls? thx :)

Lurid
09-01-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't know of any Canadian based ones, to be honest. Hm...perhaps you could grab a local phone book and see if you can find any automotive repair shops that have large areas for work on motors and what not. More often than not they have drill presses and stuff of that nature to custom build parts they need for performance cars, I found a local one that made a shroud for me awhile back.

Something along those lines is probably your best bet.

THE JEW (RaVeN)
09-02-2006, 05:05 AM
I know of 3 machine shops in my parent's area (1.5 hours west of Toronto), but the only ones I've found in Toronto are either a). too expensive or b). related to the Hollywood north industry out in the east end. One guy told me it wasn't worth his time to do a waterblock top for me because he had over 75 swords to be done in a month and a half.

I'm sure the fact that he was as drunk as a skunk in no way contributed to the slow rate his machine shop was working at :rolleyes:

If you're still in high school or at a decent college, I'd ask if you could use their equipment. I know some universities (ie. Ryerson) won't allow you to use their machining equipment unless you have a college degree on it. Ryerson only lets you get around that stipulation if you're working on one of the design projects (ie. Formula), but then they'd expect you to work on the project. Maybe you could sneak in some personal time or maybe other universities are more lax. But if you're still in high school, just sign up for shop. Make the machining your final project and *boom* you'll have the whole semester to work on the thing.

EDIT:

Where are you buying metal stock? I'm always interested in new places to buy the stuff.

Denun
09-02-2006, 07:25 AM
thx a lot guys :D

i'm 35 :( , i can enter into a college only as a Gardener :)

don't care about money or time needs to reach the shop, that's ok.
If i find someone (or shop) that has some experience in waterblock and things like that, i'm happy to pay a bit more :)

note:
even a student that has possibility to do that for me is good for me, or really even better, bcose i'm not expert in OC so if i meet someone that knows what we'r talking about and take care of all my needs i can pay his service :)

bestmancajun
09-02-2006, 08:13 AM
I work in a machine/ injection molding shop located in Mississauga at Dundas and Winsten Churchal. We got two CNC's but no time for small contracts. Give us some info on what work you need being done. Blocks are cheaper to buy compared contracting custom work.

DirtyLude
09-03-2006, 06:43 PM
These guys are the guys I go to for metal, and they have a full machine shop in the back. I'm not certain if they have CNC, but it is a big shop and they have lathes and the whole deal in there, otherwise. I know they do small projects as well.

Ability Metal Mart
963 Brock Rd
Pickering ON, L1W 3A4

Phone: 905-420-0788
Fax: 905-420-0641

I go to these guys, cuz they're 10 minutes away, but like others said, there's got to someone close to you. Check the yellow pages for metal supermarkets, and if they don't machine themselves, they can tell you who will.

Denun
09-03-2006, 08:23 PM
DirtyLude really THX, this is a great info !!!!

i'll call them asap, thx :D