PDA

View Full Version : Jst FYI: DDC Ultra and alphacool top

nealh
08-31-2006, 11:48 AM
I emailed Jab tech and they are expecting the top tomorrow...already have the pump
http://www.jab-tech.com/Swiftech-MCP-355-12v-DC-Pump-pr-3510.html

I would highly recommend buying the combo there vs Perfomance pcs..where there have been issues lately

Jab Tech..has excellent shipping speed ..almost always ships same day and awesome CS

just my 2 cents

tommrussell
08-31-2006, 04:02 PM
thanks for the heads up

O.T.......... glad to see your posting due to the storms hiting Fla

hope u and your are ok

nealh
08-31-2006, 04:20 PM
I Love Jab tech..I have used them when they were in NY and now in OK..very fast ordering processing and shipping..very pleasant to work with

I will not have to use Performance-PCs and all their issues...?? sending out bad pumps/used pumps and CS that at times is very poor

Thanks for the kind thoughts

Ernesto stayed to the eastern side of the state...and was not much of a storm for us...

Last couple of years has been pretty stressful around Florida, I have been very fortunate so far

tommrussell
08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
i've been lucky with p-pc never had a problem but thats not to say that i am going to use them in the future due to the boys down in Cal (petras)" still got no pen"

ernesto gives a whole new meaning to water cooled
glad to hear your safe

virtualrain1
09-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Question about the DDC pumps...

To minimize noise, I've been considering mounting mine inside a plexi box. I'm thinking the sound deadening would be similar to the blender covers at Starbucks... However, will the heat build-up likely get out of hand?

Those of you with these pumps, how much heat do they give off to the immediate surroundings vs. dumping it in the water?

nikhsub1
09-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Question about the DDC pumps...

To minimize noise, I've been considering mounting mine inside a plexi box. I'm thinking the sound deadening would be similar to the blender covers at Starbucks... However, will the heat build-up likely get out of hand?

Those of you with these pumps, how much heat do they give off to the immediate surroundings vs. dumping it in the water?
If you need to quiet down the DDC+ then I hope you don't have any fans or hard drives in your system as they are far louder than the pump.

Xicer
09-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Yea, and even if you have a strange way of hearing, get that weird gel stuff at Petras and slap some under the pump. But really, a DDC+ is barely noticable if at all.

septim
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
a noisy ddc is a ddc with plenty of air, not enought burping yet...
else a noisy ddc is a defective ddc for RMAing...

those gel pad or even a pc of rubber quiets down ddc vibration for me...

ReD.SkY
09-01-2006, 07:31 PM
obviously... the noise isnt coming from the DDC... so try jumping the psu and pump alone and you will see the true inexistent noise.

virtualrain1
09-03-2006, 02:14 AM
obviously... the noise isnt coming from the DDC... so try jumping the psu and pump alone and you will see the true inexistent noise.

Thanks guys... Perhaps I've been unnecessarily paranoid about the noise of the pump... I'll get the loop running before I do anything drastic then.

However, as for the heat generated by the pump... is it significant enough that the pump should be well ventilated?

septim
09-03-2006, 06:13 AM
just raise it a little so that the underside gets some air moving...

or copy another guy who put some mc14 heatsink on it...

also regarding the noise issue, make sure its mounted tightly, forgot to tighten 1 screw and there was this metal racket...

SiGfever
09-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks guys... Perhaps I've been unnecessarily paranoid about the noise of the pump... I'll get the loop running before I do anything drastic then.

However, as for the heat generated by the pump... is it significant enough that the pump should be well ventilated?
I would not enclose the pump. The motor @18w puts off some heat and it will extend the life of the pump if you can provide airflow over the motor.

With my U2 I was fortunate enough to be able to use (1) 120mm fan to blow air directly at the motor base.

It is like this case and the new hard drive mounts were made for DDC pumps. :toast: :toast:

WiCKeD
09-03-2006, 06:59 AM
The heat would flow into the loop, so it's not a big deal.

septim
09-03-2006, 08:06 AM
still hot to touch underneath...
better to give some airflow, just like a HD, if left neglected could mean an early replacement...

JoeBar
09-03-2006, 12:04 PM
still hot to touch underneath...
better to give some airflow, just like a HD, if left neglected could mean an early replacement...
An overated statement. Don't u thing that laing wouldn't have designed it that way if it was needed...? ;)

bandit788
09-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Well I have had my pump since April, and I can safely say that if you can hear it, something is wrong. Pumps do not get any quieter then this one, unless you have it mounted without the rubber spacers or it's got air in it. As for the heat dump into your circuit, negligible...you got one of the best pumps money can buy, stop worrying and enjoy it!!! Good luck!
P.S. Glad I got mine in April, seems these little babies are popular now!!!
Bandit

JoeBar
09-04-2006, 12:18 PM
P.S. Glad I got mine in April, seems these little babies are popular now!!!
Bandit
I feel the same way... :)
I bought mine early May.