PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Preperations In Disarray (This is larger news then RSX downgrade)

Sanborn
08-31-2006, 04:25 AM
The sudden jolt of PS3 hate has me extremely concerned for this systems well being, it has everything going against it.

http://spong.com/article/10687/PS3+Preparations+in+Disarray?/&cb=141

old news
Production of the home supercomputer has yet to begin however, and those at the ready with soldering irons and screwdrivers in China and Japan are murmuring about shortages of laser diodes for the Blu-Ray drives. The vaunted Cell processors are also in short supply, it seems. It is said that these logistical problems have the potential to halve production.

new news
Using such 'fresh-out-the-box' technology was always going to cause problems, but it's not only the hardware people suggesting Sony have been rushing things a bit. Frustrated sources in third-party development are grumbling too. While they have dev kits for the PS3, the operating system for the machine has yet to be finalised; something of a stumbling block when trying to build front end and menu systems for games. Technical requirements guidelines, which run to pages and pages for PS2 and both Xboxes, are non-existent. Tools, or any guidance at all, for programming online protocol and the recently added controller motion sensors have yet to be supplied too.

Will a day go by that new horrific news on the PS3 doesn't appear?
-OS not finished which means it hasnt been bug fixed
-Tech requirements for developers mean they don't know what to program for
-No online protocol programming = the "Free Sony Network" is going to be miserable on launch
-Motion sensors will be what everyone predicted, useless.

JayG30
08-31-2006, 07:30 AM
People don't want to believe me but I say it day in and day out. This system is an udder disaster. Talking with the few game developers I am still friendly with has lead me to believe that the system is not worth a dime. One thing is for sure...support out of the gate will be terrible. It won't be till 2008 till you see any real game support.

And as far as blu-ray and the cell processor are concerned...they can take those hyped, exagerated, and flat out lies and stick them where the sun don't shine. Blu-ray so far is nothing but a complete failure and all those "Numbers" are ending up to mean zero in the real world. As of right now HD-DVD has more of a chance of sucess although there's isn't that high either. And the cell processor just makes me laugh after looking over it in person. What a joke.

I'm sure the fanboys will flame me but honestly I do not care as time will prove everything. I know what I've seen and heard from those with first hand experience and not just some floating uneducated rumors. So far I am unimpressed.

Sanborn
08-31-2006, 08:46 AM
^^ that is the general consensus among many developers as well.

ocmyface
08-31-2006, 12:35 PM
And the cell processor just makes me laugh after looking over it in person.

got pics? :D

LordofDoom
08-31-2006, 12:58 PM
I'll bet it's huge.

JayG30
09-01-2006, 07:47 AM
got pics? :D

I wish I could have...probably get myself in a lot of trouble if I did. :p: