PDA

View Full Version : Dropped a TEST! Damn!

[XC] riptide
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
I got no points today, if anything a reduction. The reason this happens is explained in bold writing in the sticky in this sub forum. When I was getting used to SOB (and been a noob) I must have 'dropped' a Proth test that had a substatial amount of work on it (Block). ie, when I restarted an instance, it downloaded another new one and forgot the one that was nearly done. This is a bug in windows actually that effects SOB. Don't be a noob like me and let it happen to you.:slap: When it happens, you lose all interim credits on it. However there is hope...

Our friends over in Free-DC 'hosted' Seventeenorbust forums have posted up a solution to dropped tests.

Check out the pic attached. The arrows represent the dropped test. See it is 30days old...
http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7434

KaptainBlaZed
08-30-2006, 07:53 PM
that sucks man, time to start on a new one.

here have a :toast:

Martijn
08-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Does this mean you have 30 days to finish a whole test, or is it just 30 days without connecting? This means I'll drop a lot of points as well, I think... :rolleyes:

[XC] riptide
08-31-2006, 04:06 AM
Does this mean you have 30 days to finish a whole test, or is it just 30 days without connecting? This means I'll drop a lot of points as well, I think... :rolleyes:
30 days between connections. So if you have a few blocks still left, and you want to finish SOB and move on, you will lose all credits, on that block, eventually, if you don't finish the test. the way around it is of course to do a little Sob every couple of days/weeks until its complete. Of course the real answer to this is... don't stop SOB or the clients. Just keep crunchin!:D ;)

Kaptain... is that a new Login?? I thought you were KaptainBlaZzed not KaptainBlazed :confused:

Martijn
08-31-2006, 06:56 AM
Well, I'll definitely keep it installed then....

Or are you just making me scared so I'll keep running SoB? :rofl:

[XC] riptide
08-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Well, I'll definitely keep it installed then....

Or are you just making me scared so I'll keep running SoB? :rofl:
Hmmmm... both! :rofl: Hey if you want to keep your top 10, Paladin is going along nicely. He might just pip you into 11th so you're gonna have to keep an eye out for him.

Martijn
08-31-2006, 12:23 PM
Hmmmm... both! :rofl: Hey if you want to keep your top 10, Paladin is going along nicely. He might just pip you into 11th so you're gonna have to keep an eye out for him.
:rofl:

You are really trying to keep me into this... Why not ask DDT instead? :rolleyes:

EDIT: only 2k between no8 and no9, so that isn't too much of a problem, one block extra for one extra place :p:

[XC] riptide
08-31-2006, 02:29 PM
Damn, must have got hot today in the house. Came home and a 2 rigs had locked up! Damn!

Can't wait for the winter!