PDA

View Full Version : PA 120.3 in LL V-1000

party animal
08-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Well, i have a V-1000 here, and a PA 120.3. Was wondering what ideas of mounting you guys have. I've been thinking either off the back with a rad box, or on top. There are all external mounts, but cutting holes isnt a big scare for me. Any other things, i might have to think about.

If i mount it internally on the V-1000, it basically blocks off all the pci slots that i need for my sound card. Until Creative decides to release some PCI-E sound cards, an internal but no sound card mount, or external yes sound card mount will have to be used. And I know for sure that i am getting a Conroe before the end of this year, probably when I'm on break in the winter, depending on how the motherboards are.

So if you guys have any ideas, that would be great. I've been thinking about this for a while. Keep in mind that i would like to keep my V-1000 as it has a window on it, and i don't feel like shelling out more money for a case, as saving up for a new computer isnt hard enough. Thanks for reading. Looking forward to your ideas.

Pictures would be great!

party animal
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
anybody have any ideas? Or helpful hints?

Grinch
08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I would mount it in the roof of case....:woot:

sdkevin
08-30-2006, 08:59 PM
since you need that sound card so mount it external w/ Radbox

septim
08-30-2006, 09:59 PM
yep, on top or radbox out back...

or if you extend your bottom to accomodate it...
or make external system for it...

party animal
08-31-2006, 04:42 PM
thanks for the replies guys, i guess i can use the radbox external mount. I mean, even it the psu fan blows toward the rad, it won't do anything right?

septim
08-31-2006, 07:23 PM
minimal temp diff, esimated playing around 1 to 2 degrees...

party animal
08-31-2006, 07:42 PM
thought so. Sweet, I'll post some pics when i get it all finished. It'll take a while though, my supposed to be new Conroe isnt even finished. Still waiting for motherboards to come out.

Anybody got any color choices they think look nice? I really like the pentosin blue. Looks really good. Any other opinions?