PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on this case?

virtualrain1
08-29-2006, 04:42 PM
It's new and interesting... (dual motherboards, 7" LCD, etc.) :eek:

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/product/Chassis/fulltower/mozart_tx/MozartTX.htm

It's no UFO but it has some interesting potential... I'm curious what the consensus is here and what you could see doing with a dual motherboard PC and 7" LCD display in a drive bay!

BTW, I'm not in the market for a case, and like most noob's, I've owned my fair share of Thermaltake products in the past and have moved on. :slap:

I thought this would still be an interesting discussion.

Let's not get too heavy with the TT flaming! :nono:

Lurid
08-29-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm not a fan of its looks, and cannot comment on the quality of this, or any other ThermalTake case, but the functionality of it looks interesting. That is to say, if the functionality holds true. I'm not sure if I would ever personally need or be able to use the ability to take full advantage of the dual motherboard setups, or the LCD monitor, though they are deffinately interesting.

Its nice, especially for the price. Hopefully it'll live up to more than most of their previous products.

mtl_hed
08-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Here's a thread full of people dissing TT about this case:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112274&highlight=thermaltake

Personally I like the idea of dual motherboard. You could setup the mini-itx board to monitor thermal probes, fans, etc and have the main PC stripped to the bone of services.

I own a UFO though, and I don't think I would take the trade for this for any amount of money.

virtualrain1
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Here's a thread full of people dissing TT about this case:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112274&highlight=thermaltake

Personally I like the idea of dual motherboard. You could setup the mini-itx board to monitor thermal probes, fans, etc and have the main PC stripped to the bone of services.

I own a UFO though, and I don't think I would take the trade for this for any amount of money.

Thanks, that thread you pointed to is entertaining as hell!

To quote one poster... "It looks like something from a photoshop contest.:p: "

:ROTF:

Oddly, although I don't personally like it, I thought the same thing as you though... You could use the second motherboard and the 7" LCD to run your monitoring and control system which would be very unique and make any drive bay fan controller look lame in comparison.

septim
08-30-2006, 03:16 AM
hmm given the animosity/flaming/ etc etc to Tt water cooling products,
sometimes there other ideas can't be seen...

take for instance this case, sure going for a MM UFO case is good, but not all parts of the world are reachable by MM, as the airfreight itself is almost equal to the actual cost of the UFO case...

now the first thing that actually came to mind when i saw this case is where i could put up a PA120.3 inside, which unfortunately could/would not possibly fit into that 3 120mm fans in front of the mobo...

Istasi
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
For those comparing this to a U2-UFO, remember that it is $100 cheaper.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=114&products_id=20621

My thoughts on the case, however? Overengineered and unecessary.

HaxR3
08-30-2006, 10:30 AM
its big

well ill carry on with my massive case mods from really old systems

I mean like 1989 dual 386 server era :D

Lurid
08-30-2006, 10:55 AM
^ Where do you find those old super cases?

bestmancajun
08-30-2006, 11:52 AM
I think it's a great idea. I would never buy it... One water system, one fan controller, two boards. Saves you money and space.

sephiroth8748
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
I like the idea too, but I don't like how it looks like a refridgerator.

HaxR3
08-31-2006, 01:56 AM
super cases? car boot for £1 ($2.20 ish)

btw a car boot is like a "yard sale" but in a feild with lots of ppl

Xeon th MG Pony
08-31-2006, 01:37 PM
and for us westerners: the boot = Trunk.

And ya I love the old cases I mod em out for external water cooling housings, look sexy and functional