PDA

View Full Version : Confused and bewildered..

Movieman
08-29-2006, 03:20 PM
I set up WCG last night on my DX2400. I'd gone to their web page and created a new account in my name on WCG in Boinc.
Download,install, everything seems to be working fine. 4 clients running,11 WU total downloaded and when I looked this am they(first 4 WU) were at 70-80% complete. I lost my net connection for app 12 hours, local ISP down from 1am to at least 1pm today..I go and check WCG and there is nothing there at all..can't connect to local host, no work showing..I am soooo confused!:p: (Vinnie Barbarino from Welcome Back Kotter)
Any ideas or is "Revenge of the SETI?"

njkid32
08-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Once you have some WU's done it takes at least 24hrs to update on their site... Jeez you just cant wait:rofl:

Movieman
08-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Once you have some WU's done it takes at least 24hrs to update on their site... Jeez you just cant wait:rofl:
Hey Putz, read the post! I got NOTHING in Boinc manager..I don't mean points, I mean no work, nothing, can't connect.
Jeez, you make some people a Admin and they stop reading!:rofl:

njkid32
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
I got your PUTZ right here.... Now that I read it 5x I understand what your saying... Hmm weird... Did you reset the project? Maybe retry communications?

[XC] riptide
08-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Well back in Rosetta i used to get that occasionally. Used to get it whenever i started BOINC before the software Firewall had time to initialize properly, or when I didn't start it up properly. I presumed all the ports were blocked until ZA came 100% up! Do you have software firewall movieman?

WesM63
08-29-2006, 04:00 PM
Dave,
Your not the only one. Mine does this occasionally as well. I just close bonic (well it crashes lol) and keep opening/closing it until it connects to the local pc.

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-29-2006, 04:07 PM
if you hit connect to... (somewhere) and localhost is in the dropdown list, you can just hit OK there and you'll be back. sometimes, if it isnt in the list, it wants some random made up password. *shrugs*

WesM63
08-29-2006, 04:22 PM
If mine doesn't connect right away, it will hang (not responding). I have to close it (end task) and re-open it.

Movieman
08-29-2006, 05:20 PM
That was it, rebooted the app and from what I can see it was running all day..Just scared me seeing nothing there.. A first for me!
Dose this mean I just lost my cherry to Boinc? :eek:

3oh6
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Dose this mean I just lost my cherry to Boinc? :eek:
its atleast an appropriate name to be losing your cherry to...

itznfb
08-29-2006, 06:06 PM
when that happens to me i exit the boinc client. stop the boinc service, start the boinc service, and then restart the boinc service, then start the boinc client. then it works :)

Movieman
08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
its atleast an appropriate name to be losing your cherry to...
Funny, missed that..different generation I guess..We had plainer names for it!:D