PDA

View Full Version : Another Killer Blow To PS3 - Assassins Creed also a PC game

Sanborn
08-29-2006, 09:39 AM
Wow, there is no end in sight for the horrific beating that Sony and the PS3 have undergone in the past week or so in the media and amongst gamers.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/728/728932p1.html

Its on the cover of a PC Gamer UK + an article on its PC arrival, if thats not enough proof then I don't know what is.

Honestly Assassins Creed was the very best looking game on the PS3 system in my opinion at E3 and recently the GC. It features pretty good graphics (the textures don't look too sharp in the PS3 screenies), fantastic animation, and some of the best AI interaction anyone has seen to date. Any game where you can walk through a town square and put your hand on someones shoulder and push them out of the way without hitting a button gets a 10/10 in cool features in my book.

Another huge part of the mystery to this game is the fact that the devs have stated there is a lot more to the story that has been led to believe, many gamers and even IGN staff on the forums believe the assassin can time travel but thats 100% speculation.

HaxR3
08-29-2006, 10:15 AM
many gamers and even IGN staff on the forums believe the assassin can time travel

:slap:

Well from the trailers it looks teh pwnage & tbh im glad its a pc release & maybe converted to console, not the other way round :rolleyes:

Sanborn
08-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey I made sure to say it was a rumor (and a silly one at that). There is definitly more to the game then meets the eye (did I just quote transformers?).

It's not some guy killing people in castles the whole time fo sho.

HaxR3
08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Im just saying the rumor is probably the daftest one ever. But yeah, i said "Well from the trailers it looks teh pwnage & tbh im glad its a pc release"

So im lookingforward to it, looks a great game

Shift
08-29-2006, 12:10 PM
It will be a much better experience playing on a PS3 than a PC. With the PS3, the game will look alot better and playing it will be alot cheaper, rather than you having to buy Quad-SLi and using XX AA and XX AF eating up your power bill.

HaxR3
08-29-2006, 01:38 PM
It will be a much better experience playing on a PS3 than a PC. With the PS3, the game will look alot better and playing it will be alot cheaper, .

URM, aint that the point of gaming on a pc, better graphics & better depth of gameplay. & cheaper? how, i have a pc that will handle it once i get my g card upgrade. & play.com is alot cheaper for pc games dude

rather than you having to buy Quad-SLi and using XX AA and XX AF eating up your power bill.

"having to" is the wrong phrase. "wanting to" may be the right one

In that statement you have basicly dismissed pcs & any reason for having them, please sign up HERE (http://www.ps3forums.com/) & go away :p:

mdzcpa
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
I've yet to have a "much better experience playing on a PS3 than a PC" for ANY game....ever. You can always add a gamepad to a PC, but you can never add keyboard and mouse attributes to a dumbed down console game.

Consoles do have their place though. They are nice throw away toys for the kids (Its easier to wipe the little sticky fingerprints off the game pads than it is a keyboard and mouse). I don't have to worry about the kids trashing anything, and, after a few years, you just toss the console into the trash and just buy another one. So, consoles serve a purpose.

But, for real gaming depth, nothing beats a PC game that takes full advantage of the keyboard on mouse. (not to mention that I'd much rather spend incremental upgrade dollars on a PC to keep it humming along with all the latest games rather than have an obsolete console after 18 months).

Nightwiz
08-29-2006, 04:21 PM
I find that all console games are good for there purpose, but nothing can beat out PC gaming for as others pointed out controls, as well as, ease of upgrades.
You also don't usually have to wait for a year or so for some hyped up console that won't have all the bugs worked out till the next version.
In the PC world you can rest assure that you can upgrade with in 6-8 months, but that is also the down side to the PC world.

Shift
08-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Consoles are great for just gaming. I like PC gaming, but consoles gives me the piece of mind that the game will work and will play just fine without me upgrading anything, or downgrading any resolutions, etc. This is what I'm trying to say about Assasin's Creed and the PS3.
One thing I feel the PC has over consoles is multiplayer games. Once consoles get multiplayer games (i.e. Smash Bros), then there will be a much smaller gap and people will love the console:p:

HaxR3
08-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeah, mebe. But most of us will stick to our pcs. :D

古強者死神
08-29-2006, 11:38 PM
Yet another pc vs console debate forming!! gasp!

It works both ways I think every console since playstation had a keyboard/mouse addon that you could get if you wanted. And PC's have game pads.

Wich is better/cheaper blah blah blah is really just dependant on the game programers and if they take the time to encode a game engine for the pc as well as they take the time to do for a console.

Last I checked the PS3 was not going to be cheap in the first place.

A video card upgrade would be much cheaper than a new console, and I do honestly prefer playing games on my computer for 1 player, and usually my console for when I have friends over or want to belittle the wife in soul calibure or somthing.

Its a situtional thing, but PS3 is definitly getting alot of negative feedback, everything from a list of games to be cancled longer than michal jacksons surgery listings, to the downclocking of its cpu and heat issues.

Sanborn
08-30-2006, 03:47 AM
The console vs PC controller issue made me roll on the flippin floor. Considering you can connect a 360 wired and soon a 360 wireless controller to XP/Vista this is a really moronic statement. I won't even get into how a m/kb is better because the benefits are obvious.

I'm sorry but the PS3 visuals will be NOTHING compared to a PC running it on a regular resolution with high settings and minimal AA/AF levels. And honestly, the visuals are not good enough to REQUIRE quad-sli and everything you mentioned.

Crysis can run circles around it and will probably work decently on current hardware in DX9 mode.

Shift
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry but the PS3 visuals will be NOTHING compared to a PC running it on a regular resolution with high settings and minimal AA/AF levels. And honestly, the visuals are not good enough to REQUIRE quad-sli and everything you mentioned.

The whole quad sli thing was just an exaggeration.....
Remember what happened to Oblivion and the PC? People playing Oblivion on a PC got random blue screens while people playing on a 360 did not. It's just easier playing games on a console than on a PC.
Anyways, I'll be looking forward to playing Assasin's Creed on a PC than on a console.

eddieate
08-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Remember what happened to Oblivion and the PC? People playing Oblivion on a PC got random blue screens while people playing on a 360 did not. It's just easier playing games on a console than on a PC.

As I remember it people using 360's had a few troubles too, like the console randomly crashing or dying due to heat issues?
Ed.

Sanborn
08-30-2006, 10:08 AM
I have the 360 version (or had) and played aprox 80 hours of it......the pc version is definitly better for two reasons:

1) loading on 360 takes FOREVER, and if you don't clear your cache the game gets unplayable
2) Mods and mini-fixes - so many problems have been fixed by the community and the amount of add-ons is rediculous.

And you can check my 360 tag on that one, tag: BenSanborn
(Or if you just want to play with me ;) )

delas52
08-30-2006, 04:25 PM
SW33T news!

古強者死神
08-30-2006, 06:21 PM

I dont think that was a well thought out defense, last I checked oblivion on PC was 10x better than the xbox version. Graphics were better, it ran faster on a good system, and oblivion came stock with alot of small bugs and issues that the xbox people were forever stuck with, while the pc people could download a patch or fix, or just use the console and some commnads to bypass it.

Lets not get into the hundreds of mods for the pc version that made it a much better game, everything from new character skins, to high res textures (wich I personally use) but this does bring to light one reason I think PC gaming is better than console gaming, the open avalibility of mods, patches, and fixes.

delas52
08-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Xbox 360 does get patches for games too. That doesn't fix the overheating issues though. I never heard of people getting blue screens with oblivion, but every game has isolated problems like that. Assassin's Creed will be great on PS3 and on a good PC. However on a great high-end PC I think it will be better.

Falkentyne
08-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I've yet to have a "much better experience playing on a PS3 than a PC" for ANY game....ever. You can always add a gamepad to a PC, but you can never add keyboard and mouse attributes to a dumbed down console game.

Consoles do have their place though. They are nice throw away toys for the kids (Its easier to wipe the little sticky fingerprints off the game pads than it is a keyboard and mouse). I don't have to worry about the kids trashing anything, and, after a few years, you just toss the console into the trash and just buy another one. So, consoles serve a purpose.

But, for real gaming depth, nothing beats a PC game that takes full advantage of the keyboard on mouse. (not to mention that I'd much rather spend incremental upgrade dollars on a PC to keep it humming along with all the latest games rather than have an obsolete console after 18 months).

This post needs a
QFT !

FTW~

Starscream
09-01-2006, 07:35 AM
I have the 360 version (or had) and played aprox 80 hours of it......the pc version is definitly better for two reasons:

1) loading on 360 takes FOREVER, and if you don't clear your cache the game gets unplayable
2) Mods and mini-fixes - so many problems have been fixed by the community and the amount of add-ons is rediculous.

And you can check my 360 tag on that one, tag: BenSanborn
(Or if you just want to play with me ;) )

small question.
Isit true that for Xbox360 games u have to pay for every addon?

@Latoron
me and my COusin are playing Oblivion for months now and nvr had a single blue screen.
it is said those people that did get them had unstable systems and that Oblivion simply put heavy load onem.

and btw the requirements for Assasins Creed are unknown.
if the developers did a good job u wont need SLI uber machine to play it with nice grafix if they did a good job it will look spanking on an averege high-end machine (good dual core with x1800/7800).

delas52
09-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Exactly, plus after games like crysis make us upgrade, games like this should work beautifully on all higher end systems of the time.

vudoodoodoo
09-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Mmmm PC version. :D

afireinside
09-06-2006, 04:45 PM
A nice high end single card + mid range dual core rig will match any console at accceptable frame rates I'd think. Conroe + CF/SLI at stupid high resolutions and it's not even a competition.

The thing I'm worried about, is even though assassins creed is going to be on the PC now, it might be nothing but a console port since that's what it was designed for.

IMCL85
09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
any idea if MH3 would arrive on 360? I want to play that game. And if its ps3 only then I wand up have to purches a ps3 :(.

ReFracture
09-08-2006, 01:29 PM
:slap:

Well from the trailers it looks teh pwnage & tbh im glad its a pc release & maybe converted to console, not the other way round :rolleyes:
Yeah, we all know how Halo for PC turned out... :rolleyes:

It will be a much better experience playing on a PS3 than a PC. With the PS3, the game will look alot better and playing it will be alot cheaper, rather than you having to buy Quad-SLi and using XX AA and XX AF eating up your power bill.
Considering how a PS3 will cost about $600, and getting a decent HDTV to make it shine will be another $500 or so.. (unless you have an HDTV already, of coarse.) oh and don't forget the added price of games.. they are blu-ray afterall!

I personally prefer using a PC, since it can do a lot more than play games.. i've yet to see an un-modded console get on the internet and let me do anywhere near as much as my PC does.. if all I did was game.. then perhaps the PS3 would be a better option.

Since my PC is pretty mid-range now, i'm sure the game might not run too great for me.. though it should be playable at medium settings, maybe 800x600 eh?
(i have a 7600GT incase your wondering)

DTU_XaVier
09-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, we all know how Halo for PC turned out...
It wasn't that bad actually, just 2 years late :D...
I'm actually looking forward to this game, it seems Ubisoft've got their hands in on anything platform/stealth related recently (Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and now this).... It looks sweet, and if it plays as smoothly as it looks in the trailers, I'm getting it... :)

Best Regards :toast:

ReFracture
09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
It wasn't that bad actually, just 2 years late :D...
I'm actually looking forward to this game, it seems Ubisoft've got their hands in on anything platform/stealth related recently (Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, and now this).... It looks sweet, and if it plays as smoothly as it looks in the trailers, I'm getting it... :)

Best Regards :toast:
More specifically I think the netcode was really bad on HaloPC.. (playing on lan and getting warp lag is just unacceptable IMO)

[TAG]Imp
09-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Hell. Yes.