PDA

View Full Version : How about system stability and WCG?

v0dka
08-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Does WCG automatically detect errors due to overclocking with BOINC showing 'unrecoverable error' in red text? And can I view my completed WU's somewhere with possible errors? I have completed a few since yesterday but nothing is reported on the stats page, even after the 24 hours update period.

I presume it's just as stressfull as R.

I'm thinking of cranking this 165 up past the 3Ghz mark since the weather is really cooling off. Just dont feel like running Prime for 24 hours, I'd rather crunch and be usefull.

Since I'm at it now, I've always wondered how they can detect these errors, is there some double calculation going on?

[XC] mysticmerlin
08-28-2006, 10:54 AM
WCG runs on BOINC just almost identical to what R@H did on my OC'ed Opty 144 rig

meshmesh
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
They send each work unit to three different participants. Then they compare the results (validation).
Anything that pushes the machine 24/7 near 100% will be stressful.
Are you having "red text" errors? If you do list it here.
Wait till the "red" text (if you have any) is resolved first before pushing further.
As for your stats not showing any results yet. Check my post in this (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=113496) thread.

[XC] Adywebb
08-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Overclocking can cause errors as with any project - the red error codes within Boinc messages will indicate the presence of any with a reason code.

You can check your WU's progress by going to your WCG Member Page (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyMemberPage.do) then to Device Manager>Results Status and click through the various drop down options to check.

WindForce
08-28-2006, 11:45 AM
Overclocking can cause errors as with any project ...
...please assure me it's *only* what it's going to do, and not break my cpu because it cannot stand -50C any longer or burn my DDR400 running at DDR550 :ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

[XC] Adywebb
08-28-2006, 01:15 PM
:D Can't guarantee that I'm afraid - how you abuse your poor machines is a matter for you :p: