PDA

View Full Version : New MountainMods case....U2-UFO Horizon

gelatinousfury
08-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Just got word of this new case that's out over at MountainMods

http://www.mountainmods.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_70&products_id=350

Horizontal mobo mounting, 120.3 rad would go at the top of the case. The case looks very cool, but I'm wondering about water temps. I remember Marci saying in a thread that the optimal placement of a rad would be in the U2-UFO Optimax 1203 case because the rad would be in the bottom of the case (where the coolest air is). If the rad is mounted up top in the Horizon will there actually be a significant temp difference as opposed to mounting at the bottom of the case? If I got one of these cases it would be the one with UV top/sides so there would not be blowholes in the top...

SlicerSV
08-26-2006, 08:48 PM
i don't really think it'll make that big of a difference, and if i'm looking at it correctly, it'll make mounting of 2x 120.2's easier, which is what i need for my loop. the question is going to become one of can we fit everything in the bottom like that... i think we can.

gelatinousfury
08-26-2006, 09:09 PM
I think everything will fit in the bottom, but one aesthetic thing I dunno if I like is seeing the PSU + wires down there in the window.....it's gonna be sitting right in front for all to see...

In the other UFO's PSU is in the back behind the mobo, good and hidden

Sneaky
08-26-2006, 09:11 PM
interesting... *shrug*

i'm happy with my current cube :)

gelatinousfury
08-26-2006, 09:13 PM
interesting... *shrug*

i'm happy with my current cube :)

As well you should be, your rig kicks serious ass :)

exhausted mule
08-26-2006, 09:52 PM
they should make a case that sit vertical with the height equal to cutting a cube in two and stacking one on top.

like an extended tower with place for 2-360 rads pulling air from the front and exhausting through the rads, with the psu's and wires ontop. mobo on the bottom.

space would be unconventional but would look way cooler and would hold less floor space then these things.

HaxR3
08-27-2006, 01:40 AM
just get an old megaserver case, ill post piccys of what i mean later

Sneaky
08-29-2006, 10:45 AM
they should make a case that sit vertical with the height equal to cutting a cube in two and stacking one on top.

like an extended tower with place for 2-360 rads pulling air from the front and exhausting through the rads, with the psu's and wires ontop. mobo on the bottom.

space would be unconventional but would look way cooler and would hold less floor space then these things.

mountainmods does custom case fabrication by request ;)

JoeBar
08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I wish we could have them here in Europe... ;)

Jupiler
08-29-2006, 02:55 PM
You can buy them in the UK :

http://store.over-clock.com/MountainMods.html

Got a question regarding the U2 UFO cases.
Mountainmods says that they will accomodate the Thermochill radiator series, as well as other rads without modification.
Now I was wondering, as the distance between the fanscrews on the Thermo rads is around 24.5mm, there were most other rads have around 15mm space between the fans, how can you than install another rad (like a BIX or Cooltek tripple) in the front of the case.
Or am I missing something here?

Patriote
08-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Yesterday ive sent an e-mail at Mountain mods.com asking them if they deliver to Canada. He awnsered me exacly this "Yes we do. United States Postal Service only."

And now im like huh ? Ok he says Yes at they deliver to Canada and then he says "United States Postal service only" and now im like double huh ? that United States postal service is'nt suppose to be a delivering service only for states (Just like we got Canada post service) then how could they deliver to Canada ? lol

SiGfever
08-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Yesterday ive sent an e-mail at Mountain mods.com asking them if they deliver to Canada. He awnsered me exacly this "Yes we do. United States Postal Service only."

And now im like huh ? Ok he says Yes at they deliver to Canada and then he says "United States Postal service only" and now im like double huh ? that United States postal service is'nt suppose to be a delivering service only for states (Just like we got Canada post service) then how could they deliver to Canada ? lol
Yes it does, have it shipped Global Express Mail! (3-5 days) ;)

Patriote
08-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Ok Thanks for clearing this for me ;) Sometime i dont get what Americans says Even if i speak English. I live in Canada but not only in Canada but in the French part lol Quebec ;)

Sneaky
08-29-2006, 09:13 PM
I wish we could have them here in Europe... ;)

they also ship worldwide... a friend stationed in japan had one sent over there :toast:

Marci
08-30-2006, 03:01 AM
USPS ship internationally, not just within America. Temps will be fine. Front triple blowholes align to ThermoChill rads. Double blowholes align to everyone elses. Single blowholes align to any single rad.

IE: If you wanna use a triple rad in it, only the ThermoChill will align properly. All other will require some custom mounting work.

Batman!
08-30-2006, 03:52 AM
Wait so I wont be able to use a mcr320 with this??? :(

Okda
08-30-2006, 03:57 AM
yes sir u won't

Jupiler
08-30-2006, 05:40 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, Marci.

onekewlchip
08-30-2006, 10:59 AM
"Wait so I wont be able to use a mcr320 with this??? "

You can just takes a small amount of effort to drill out some holes new holes on the rad. Only need to do so on the outer fans. Or just mount the rad using the center fan holes - should be snug enough.

Of course getting a PA 1203 would be the best solution.

JoeBar
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
You can buy them in the UK :

http://store.over-clock.com/MountainMods.html
I know m8 that they're available in uk but just imagine the shipping costs to Greece... :shocked:

SiGfever
08-30-2006, 06:57 PM
USPS ship internationally, not just within America. Temps will be fine. Front triple blowholes align to ThermoChill rads. Double blowholes align to everyone elses. Single blowholes align to any single rad.

IE: If you wanna use a triple rad in it, only the ThermoChill will align properly. All other will require some custom mounting work.
Wait a minute, I didn't think that there were any other rads. ;)

Go ThermoChill or go home. :D

ThermoChill Rocks! :toast: