PDA

View Full Version : Chickens Claws are locked down O.o

Firechicken
08-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:p: Just trying to sprout out some posts an fatten this bastage up a little :p

750mb in my pf file thrashin my disks around for the cancer cause dont know if my papa's puter gonna stand up to it all. But I just threw a new raid array in so good way to break it in :toast: This cause has been hittin too close to home so i'm going to do everything I can to keep on it. My wife has a nice little a/c system finished for my office so no more hitting 60 deg/c problem is I'm kinda too cheap to set it to run all night lol.

Magnj
08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
It does get expensive (Or so I hear from mommy). Luckily I can withstand the heat while I sleep and my PC stays relativly cool because I'm on stock speeds.
Thanks for the Help!

[XC] DragonOrta
08-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah, my parents saw that I was getting my third dual-core rig together, and had a worried look in their eyes. :woot: for living with parents! :p:

meshmesh
08-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:p: Just trying to sprout out some posts an fatten this bastage up a little :p

750mb in my pf file thrashin my disks around for the cancer cause dont know if my papa's puter gonna stand up to it all. But I just threw a new raid array in so good way to break it in :toast: This cause has been hittin too close to home so i'm going to do everything I can to keep on it. My wife has a nice little a/c system finished for my office so no more hitting 60 deg/c problem is I'm kinda too cheap to set it to run all night lol.

I think you will need more RAM. RAID won't do it.

DAK1640
08-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I find that I need to run Diskkeeper every day...I have 2 instances of WCG running with 12 Dime VM's on one Raptor array. Wow, talk about chuggin along.:toast: :banana:

vaio
08-27-2006, 03:18 PM
Add MJ12 and wait for meltdown :eek: :D

meshmesh
08-27-2006, 03:19 PM
I find that I need to run Diskkeeper every day...I have 2 instances of WCG running with 12 Dime VM's on one Raptor array. Wow, talk about chuggin along.:toast: :banana:

Do you mean two WU runninb or 2 actual exe instances?!
Thats a lot of wasted ram. How do manage that?

nn_step
08-27-2006, 03:44 PM
sounds like you could definately use an i-Ram drive man

Movieman
08-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Yeah, my parents saw that I was getting my third dual-core rig together, and had a worried look in their eyes. :woot: for living with parents! :p:
Tell them to look on the bright side, you weren't cutting up a brick of weed.:D

DAK1640
08-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Do you mean two WU runninb or 2 actual exe instances?!
Thats a lot of wasted ram. How do manage that?
2 Actual instances...Yep, it's a pig...Got each VM down to only 52MB...Good thing I have a GREAT watercooler...

Firechicken
08-27-2006, 06:21 PM
:D
I think you will need more RAM. RAID won't do it.

Yeah maby so, it's an old s-754 machine jumped up as tight as it'll let me I guess on air, It's got 1.5G in it for ram, my pf size may be messed or some settings, alot went on with this thing while I was gone. but yeah need to get a new machine I kinda like this old bomb for some reason, maby I wont give it back :D

Martijn
08-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Agreed... :rofl: