PDA

View Full Version : Ic7-g problem

Gk22CoE
08-26-2006, 11:21 AM
I've heard of ISDS (intel suden deadth syndrome) does this apply to this motherbord?

I woke up turn on my computer and it was fine and shut it down. I get back from class to fine that my monitor isn't receiving signal from the computer with no motherboard beeps of problems (it will powerup but just says please check signal cable on the monitor). First is reset cmos and still the same problem. I reseat everything and still the same problem. Try a new monitor and still the same problem. I swap all the parts out to another computer... ram is fine, cpu is fine, vid card is fine, psw is fine therefore it must be the motherboard. Have you heard of this happening before? is there anything i can do? thank you

bigdaddy25fb
08-26-2006, 07:38 PM
I had an IC7-G randomly die on me as well. RMA'd the sucker and had another one within a few weeks. Seems as though you had yours modded so that may have been the problem.

Nosfer@tu
08-28-2006, 08:20 AM
The Suden death sundrome is for presscots that got to much voltage. It does not apply to motherboards.

Celeron Gamer
08-28-2006, 01:39 PM
The Suden death sundrome is for presscots that got to much voltage. It does not apply to motherboards.

Actually it's SNDS. It usually occurs in the Stepping 1 of northwoods, with excess 1.6-1.65V, some occured with Northwood C's, but it is reported as fixed by Intel