PDA

View Full Version : Team Captain??

mike047
08-25-2006, 10:18 AM
Who started/ team captain this team???

WCG stats are being updated and I can't find the info.

itznfb
08-25-2006, 10:20 AM
i dunno, 45 minutes till updates are done =\

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 10:25 AM
Captain: leviathon-nz

luckily I didn't refresh until now :p: :toast:

mike047
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Are they active here??

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 10:39 AM
Are they active here??

I'm guessing it's leviathan18, but i'm really not sure, now I look at it the names are quite different :shrug: Levi can you clear any of this up? :toast:

mike047
08-25-2006, 10:53 AM
I think "18" is on vacation??

Haltech
08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Need a sub-team going too... Xtreme Teabaggers anyone?

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
haltech, how about reservoir dogs? :)

Movieman
08-25-2006, 05:43 PM
FYI: Levithan18 is gone till Sept 2..traveling in France and Italy..
You won't find a nicer guy and my guess he'd be thrilled to be a team captain.;)

mike047
08-26-2006, 01:44 AM
FYI: Levithan18 is gone till Sept 2..traveling in France and Italy..
You won't find a nicer guy and my guess he'd be thrilled to be a team captain.;)

The person that started the WCG XS Team Is[12-30-05] Leviathon-NZ
Last appearance here was;2-13-06. It appears we need an ACTIVE captain.

I have not been here long enough to recommend any one, but MM's suggestion of Leviathan18 suits me fine:D

DAK1640
08-26-2006, 01:49 AM
I vote for either Leviathon-NZ or MM.

Can anyone help me with my WCG sig? I've tried my user name as well as our team ID and nothing???

lawrywild
08-26-2006, 01:54 AM

Can anyone help me with my WCG sig? I've tried my user name as well as our team ID and nothing???

do username then team; lawrywildXtremeSystems

mike047
08-26-2006, 01:56 AM
Just insert;

dak1640XtremeSystems

meshmesh
08-27-2006, 02:50 PM
May I suggest a subteam name:

kmabncsyn

[XC] riptide
08-27-2006, 03:31 PM
That was my idea :stick:

Movieman
08-27-2006, 04:03 PM
May I suggest a subteam name:

kmabncsyn
I got the first 4 letters, PM me the rest..I need a good chuckle

Don't include me in this one guys..I'm here as one of the guys and thats it..
I'm still not happy with myself over the other issue.
There are things that could have been handled better.
Go with Levi(IMO)..He cares, he has a good heart and mind and he's involved here on a daily basis..
Just vacationing till Sept2

Bloody_Sorcerer
08-27-2006, 04:18 PM
i got all but the first 3 letters...

[XC] DragonOrta
08-27-2006, 08:05 PM
HAHA Kiss my

Bnc

Syn

Haltech
08-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Synergy :banana::banana::banana:gots

STEvil
08-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Guys, do we need a captain for DC projects?

We know who the big dogs are.

Hymay
08-28-2006, 02:14 AM

Thought of this post when I read this..

Comic (http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060825)

RSmura
08-28-2006, 04:38 AM
OK, I want a nice sig like everyone else that show's my stats. How am I gonna do it?

EDIT: Especially since using Crunch3r's Optimised Files doesn't impress anymore....

rpg711
08-28-2006, 01:02 PM
this isnt exactly on topic, but should i suspend R@H for now?

[XC] mysticmerlin
08-28-2006, 01:19 PM
this isnt exactly on topic, but should i suspend R@H for now?

What??? This is the WCG sub forum you know.:stick: I run 80/20 on my rig but am moving it all over to WCG. "they" have R@H covered.

[XC] serlv
08-28-2006, 03:40 PM
OK, I want a nice sig like everyone else that show's my stats. How am I gonna do it?

EDIT: Especially since using Crunch3r's Optimised Files doesn't impress anymore....

Will this help?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107741

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

BTW, what the hell are you running over there. I can't seem to keep up. Is there something I'm missing in regards to getting the most production and scoring, in WCG, from my rigs. I used to be able hang with you, maybe a little ahead of you, in Rosey. But now I'm lseriously lagging, in the "dailies" compared to you.

C'mon noiw, fess up! Have you added machines or what's up? :)

Inquiring minds want to know! Or at least this one does.

Scott

bullet2urbrain
08-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Since this thread is about Team captians I nominate the person above me.

Scott!

[XC] serlv
08-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Hey, B2B, I appreciate it, but have to respectfully decline. My work schedule is too chaotic and my attendence here hard to predict. Sometimes there just isn't enough time in the day. And it is about to get a lot worse for me.
So thanks, but I can't. I appreciate being thought of for it, though. :)

Cheers,
Scott

Movieman
08-28-2006, 05:23 PM
You guys ought to take 2-3 days and nominate people, let them respond if they can't for one reason or another, then take the names and do a poll with them..Only fair way and then everyone gets to speak their mind..
I still like Levithan18 for a lot of reasons. He's good people first of all. 20 years old but wise beyond his years. He cares deeply about the guys here and about DC in general.
He was a good sport when we all got together on Frisch's account in Rosetta so Frisch could pass him.
Just an all round good guy..Last point: He's away till Sept2..I think he'd dampen his undies if he found out that he'd been elected..:D
Something to think on..

itznfb
08-28-2006, 05:25 PM
BTW, what the hell are you running over there. I can't seem to keep up. Is there something I'm missing in regards to getting the most production and scoring, in WCG, from my rigs. I used to be able hang with you, maybe a little ahead of you, in Rosey. But now I'm lseriously lagging, in the "dailies" compared to you.

Scott

seriously, RSmura is flyin

mike047
08-29-2006, 12:51 PM

Last time I looked, he had 52 devices registered.

itznfb
08-29-2006, 01:00 PM
mine says 6, but i really have 4...

Martijn
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
mine says 6, but i really have 4...
2 dual cores maybe? :)

mike047
08-29-2006, 01:45 PM

I think the dual cores register as one device, I have 4DC's that register that way. I have 27 listed but only 26 actually working. One puked a hard drive and I had to reinstall and now I have the same device....twice. I don't know if it can be removed..

itznfb
08-29-2006, 02:46 PM

yea, if that was the case, then i would have 22 devices :)

RSmura
08-30-2006, 05:41 AM
Will this help?

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107741

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Scott

Thanks for the url. I'll check it out now.

I am a an Admin for a medium sized company and have borged all the pc's. I've got about 60 clients and will be adding a C2D here in the next week when all the parts get here. Then, I'll be headed over to the other threads on this forum to find out how to get the most out of it! Can't wait.

Thanks for noticing the contribution!

Hey Serlv, BTW, I'm not sure if I ever thanked you. When I first got started on Team XS, you answered the very first post I had with some noob question. So, Thanks!

RSmura
08-30-2006, 05:44 AM

Helps to have your pilots license too! Wanted to fly since I was a kid. Now, I can! Any time I want! It's great!

itznfb
08-30-2006, 05:46 AM
i'm an admin for a small company, and the machines we have here are taxed during the day as is. so many of them are so slow it just isn't worth it.

RSmura
08-30-2006, 05:46 AM
So, who are we nominating? Let's get some names in here and then set up a voting thread. I second MM's nomination of Leviathan18.

Anyone else want to nominate someone or throw their hat in the ring?

itznfb
08-30-2006, 05:47 AM
i guess it would help if we had a list of people who actually were willing to be a captain.

RSmura
08-30-2006, 05:48 AM
i'm an admin for a small company, and the machines we have here are taxed during the day as is. so many of them are so slow it just isn't worth it.

I replace the PC's every 3 years. Most of the machines I have (especially the new breed this year with 64bit AMD's) are NEVER bogged down my MS Office. Most people here just use Word and Outlook. That being said, there is always the overnight contribution they could make. Load the client and set them up to only crunch after hours. Our machines get left on to updata from my WSUS server anyway. Might as well be doing something useful with those clock cycles other than keep the system idle process occupied!

itznfb
08-30-2006, 05:57 AM
yea, we are moving to a new office soon, i might set it up then

Firechicken
08-30-2006, 06:32 AM
I would put up a pre vote of levi,mike047,itznfb. Could also narrow it down when the time came, and add anyone that wants a crack at it too.

Of course I would love to see MM/LV up here again but I think we have thier thoughts on that.

[XC] hipno650
08-30-2006, 08:12 AM
ya i support mm nomination. or haltech:rotf: :ROTF: :ROTF: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[XC] leviathan18
08-30-2006, 08:36 AM
You guys ought to take 2-3 days and nominate people, let them respond if they can't for one reason or another, then take the names and do a poll with them..Only fair way and then everyone gets to speak their mind..
I still like Levithan18 for a lot of reasons. He's good people first of all. 20 years old but wise beyond his years. He cares deeply about the guys here and about DC in general.
He was a good sport when we all got together on Frisch's account in Rosetta so Frisch could pass him.
Just an all round good guy..Last point: He's away till Sept2..I think he'd dampen his undies if he found out that he'd been elected..:D
Something to think on..

thanks for you kind words dave i really appreciate them coming from you, but i think im not special or my production is news worthy im just a guy that loves crunching because we can make a change with our power mine is average and i wont mind to be capt of a small team but if the big crunchers move overhere i think you should be the capt.

Frisch
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I have absolutely nothing to do in this thread, but I can't stay silent, I must raise my tiny voice.........and here it comes floating...........

How can you put a vote on a kid who don't know how to dress properly, and treats animals like dirt, how i ask you, HOW !!!

And the water will raise one more time, cause....... and here it comes......

MM, I mean.....no wait a minut......i'll put this smily to make my point......

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4313/iconmegaballao6.gif

A fisherman with ambitions, i think not......

I'll leave this thread silently, i'm altering for sneaking mod, in order to avoid the Xtremely dangerous combination of an Irish combined with a venezuealan ready for counter attack. :(

Martijn
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
I have absolutely nothing to do in this thread, but I can't stay silent, I must raise my tiny voice.........and here it comes floating...........

How can you put a vote on a kid who don't know how to dress properly, and treats animals like dirt, how i ask you, HOW !!!

And the water will raise one more time, cause....... and here it comes......

MM, I mean.....no wait a minut......i'll put this smily to make my point......

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/4313/iconmegaballao6.gif

A fisherman with ambitions, i think not......

I'll leave this thread silently, i'm altering for sneaking mod, in order to avoid the Xtremely dangerous combination of an Irish combined with a venezuealan ready for counter attack. :(
Hey, you still got your shell! :rofl:

mike047
08-30-2006, 01:24 PM
I would put up a pre vote of levi,mike047,itznfb. Could also narrow it down when the time came, and add anyone that wants a crack at it too.

Of course I would love to see MM/LV up here again but I think we have thier thoughts on that.

Thanks for the thought:), but I am not "captain" material and also am new here.
Someone that has been around here[crunching] awhile and is experienced with all the power players[hint,hint MM] and has prior experience would be a good choice[hint,hint MM].

That being said, I am just an avid cruncher that loves the chase and will support the team effort as well as I can[hint,hint MM] were ever we choose to assault.

[XC] mysticmerlin
08-30-2006, 06:53 PM
hey mike047 who are you looking at for capt? lol "hint,hint MM"

meshmesh
08-31-2006, 04:46 AM
Last time I looked, he had 52 devices registered.
Hold on a second. Aren't these supposed to be private info on WCG? Mine are listed on a HTTPS:// page !

May I suggest that after that bad experience we had with those :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: s, that if there an option somewhere (don't ask me, I found it like this), that we all use it.

Don't want to see no more :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: ing colored tables please.

EDIT: Sorry This is OT but I thought may be important.

RSmura
08-31-2006, 04:54 AM
If I'm not logged in and I check my stats, it tells me Number of Hosts Hidden. How did Mike047 see that info? Mike047?

itznfb
08-31-2006, 05:15 AM
doesn't matter if i'm logged in or not, i still see how many devices are installed. what difference does it make when you have guys on other teams with 1000's of machines installed?

[XC] Adywebb
08-31-2006, 05:24 AM
Yep, the number of devices installed show on the WCG page for a particular member and can't be hidden unlike at Boincstats - however thats all it tells you, you can't access what machines there are/work done/points scored etc.

It is also worth noting that the number is ALL machines ever allocated to WCG regardless of whether they are still active or not, also if you detach a machine from the project and then re-attach it will show up as another machine - so to be honest the figure is totally inaccurate.

I think mine shows me having 18 devices, when sadly I have much less than that.

itznfb
08-31-2006, 05:30 AM
^^ thats what i thought. so the devices installed means nothing really.

[XC] Adywebb
08-31-2006, 05:50 AM
Yep :thumbsup:

RSmura
08-31-2006, 09:50 AM
Phew, I feel better now. Does that mean I don't have to support these 61 devices anymore? :stick:

itznfb
08-31-2006, 09:52 AM
Phew, I feel better now. Does that mean I don't have to support these 61 devices anymore? :stick:

you can send 'em over here. i'll support them :)

the actual number of devices installed means everything!
the list in your profile means nothing.