PDA

View Full Version : [Team Xtreem] Stupid customs!!

K.I.T.T.
08-25-2006, 03:17 AM
Seems I got screwed over the Team Xtreem RAM I won :stick:

http://www.freespaces.com/kittrulez/Pictures/dsc00201.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana:ing customs!!

:(

kiwi
08-25-2006, 03:24 AM
What amount was declared on the package? Was it declared as a gift?

K.I.T.T.
08-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Don't know.....will have to ask OPB :(

No way though VAT can be £30....the rate is 17.5%....was the ram worth £170?

thomas66
08-25-2006, 03:43 AM
as you know only the death is for free:banana:

kiwi
08-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Sometimes they open package and calculate tax themselves taking average price on the web or similar. But I think they can open only in your presence unless they have suspicion of dangerous contents

Mr. Popo
08-25-2006, 04:39 AM
"IM IN UT FRIDGE, EATIN UR F00DZ."

I got my G.Skill for free. :slap:

nn_step
08-25-2006, 04:41 AM
Send Team Xtreem the bill.

Mr. Popo
08-25-2006, 04:49 AM
Try asking from Team the commercial invoice, so they can see it's only a sample and it has no commercial value.

K.I.T.T.
08-25-2006, 05:02 AM
Any recommendations? Should I PM Team?

Shpoon
08-25-2006, 06:22 AM
PM OPB once he gets unbanned...

NickS
08-25-2006, 07:03 AM
They should have marked it as gift, always do that when shipping international.

ElMoIsEviL
08-25-2006, 07:16 AM
Seems I got screwed over the Team Xtreem RAM I won :stick:

http://www.freespaces.com/kittrulez/Pictures/dsc00201.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana:ing customs!!

:(

You shouldn't ahve to pay anything. It was a prize. You did not pay for the items therefore you do not owe any duties/taxes.

You will need to communicate with your customs and revenue agency and explain it to them. Also acquire an email from Team Extreme as evidence.

Highland3r
08-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Doesn't seem to matter what stuff is marked as coming into the UK sometimes...
Had a package sent marked as gift and was charged VAT on the insured value of the item.
Another was sent warranty return and I paid VAT on the declared value of that too..

Then again had another package sent from Aus, didnt pay a penny on that! Gotta love UK customs :(

Pyr0
08-25-2006, 09:12 AM
even if an item is marked as a gift, it's still only allowed a value up to £35 (if i remember correctly)
i've been screwed by customs before for import duty and handling fees because a friend shipped me some memory from the US marked as "gift" :slapass:

most of the time now i get things shipped as "samples" with a low value declared

J-Mag
08-25-2006, 09:22 AM
I just shipped some fans to Canada and declared them @ $25 and the end-user got a customs charge for almost $12.. WTF!

I thought Canadian customs didn't charge you unless it was over $100-200 or something around those lines.

Anyone know info about Canadian customs fees?

Shpoon
08-25-2006, 09:24 AM
I just shipped some fans to Canada and declared them @ $25 and the end-user got a customs charge for almost $12.. WTF!

I thought Canadian customs didn't charge you unless it was over $100-200 or something around those lines.

Anyone know info about Canadian customs fees?

It's random.

Period.

I've gotten some items, not gift, >$100, no charge. Some items "gift" at about $30 and I get charged. It's a luck game...

(Whoever reviews your package places it into a category, some place it in the category with no charges, some place it in the ones with charges, then they hit you....EMS shipping also get "handling fees").

J-Mag
08-25-2006, 09:30 AM
It's random.

Period.

Yeah I have shipped maybe 20 packages over the last year and a half to canada and no one EVER got any customs charges.

Now that this guy paid almost half of what the product was worth to customs he is pissed at me.

What is your opinion on who is responsible for this fee?

K.I.T.T.
08-25-2006, 09:45 AM
Anyone RRP on these sticks? According to my calcs, the tax charged makes it £170...i doubt it's even worth £110 :stick:

And I'm not paying THEIR handling charge. That should have been covered in the shipping....they can shove it up their ass :slapass:

bachus_anonym
08-25-2006, 11:08 AM
K.I.T.T., just calm down and contact TeamGroup (which you should have done in a first place, instead of ranting here) and see If they can help you solve this. Also, get in touch with the Customs and ask them, what kind of document could TG submit to them to release your package without paying taxes and duties. As it was mentioned above, If they TG could provide a document proving it's a commercial sample and contest price, then it might do it. If that doesn't help, perhaps deny the package so it comes back to the Sender and start over from scratch...

TeamUSOffice
08-25-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi K.I.T.T.,
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2386/imgp01742iy7.jpg
I told Kevin about this issue and he sent me this picture of the custom paper work he filled out. He did marked it as a gift, the only thing I think he wrote it wrong was the value; it should be $150.00. He was thinking about 1G*2's price. I am trying to figure out a solution of how to take care of this right now. I will PM you if i can come out with anything. Sorry about it, but we already marked it as gift so ..... what else can we do in the future to avoid problem like this?

Rolle2k
08-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi K.I.T.T.,
Sorry about it, but we already marked it as gift so ..... what else can we do in the future to avoid problem like this?

Declare the value of the rams like $25 then there is no customs.. UK have £18 as customs limit.. if the package is worth more than that they have to pay Customs.. In Sweden our limit is 200SEK ($28 or something).

When marked as gift the limit is a bit higher in Sweden 500SEK, but if the customs see that it's sent from a company and not a private person then you probably still have to pay customs.. It's probably the same in UK.
So the best way is to write the sender as just a name, and not a company.. then mark as gift and a lower value. Or if you have to write a company name, then the best way would probably be to Mark as "Commercial Sample" and a lower price.
The bad stuff with lowering the value is that you will get back less cash if the package is insured and is getting lost in the post.

rapty
08-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Well Maybe Covering his Import Duty would be the first Problem you could Solve.

He did offer free Advertiseing Work for his Prize and to be offered a Bill on top of his Prize for a written mistake is well off the the written Mark and Your Company Image.

I'm no Bum Sucker thats for Certain how can the guy be asked to pay for something after such a easy Error as mistakeing Import Duties, it does make you Question Team Xtreem's Professional Outlook if they can't even get simple Import Duties and Tax Criteria right.

kiwi
08-25-2006, 03:29 PM
EU laws are the same for all EU member countries. It absolutely does not matter if you marked the package as gift or if you won the prize. 45EUR is the limit but may vary from country to country. The best way to send a package from US/Canada to EU is to do this:

1. Send EMS - fast, safer and I've never had problems with taxes

2. Declare value up to $20-$50 - even if you pay tax it will be very little

3. And mark it as "gift"

#2 being the most important
Sometimes up to $100 is fine but more than that and tax is here

In this case no documents will help, trust me. Refuse the package and let the other end send again. Sorry this is the only way to avoid tax.

Pinnacle
08-25-2006, 08:53 PM
what else can we do in the future to avoid problem like this?

As a company in this situation you should know. OCZ, ASUS and BFG seem to know the post office very well, nomatter how many times I RMA their stuff I have never been charged customes and it had to be 20 times or more.

Maybe you guys should have sent it as RMA?

I had sellers from the USA declare as low as $0-20 and I still got hit

Shpoon
08-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Yeah I have shipped maybe 20 packages over the last year and a half to canada and no one EVER got any customs charges.

Now that this guy paid almost half of what the product was worth to customs he is pissed at me.

What is your opinion on who is responsible for this fee?

He is, you did nothing wrong, you don't control the customs agents, if he has a problem, he can deal with them.

You sold a product at a fair price, and after the box left you, it's out of your hands.

Pinnacle
08-25-2006, 09:02 PM
You sold a product at a fair price, and after the box left you, it's out of your hands.

No its not, if your a seller and decide to ship outside your country you should have some idea of customes fees to the country your shipping to , let the buyer know if he already doesnt so your both on the same page.

Shpoon
08-25-2006, 09:18 PM
No its not, if your a seller and decide to ship outside your country you should have some idea of customes fees to the country your shipping to , let the buyer know if he already doesnt so your both on the same page.

No, that wouldn't work...it's not in HIS hands to decide what you pay. He ships at the agreed price, how is it his fault that you get charged customs? He CAN'T have an idea about customs fees as it changes, is seemingly random, and is more based on the custom's agent's mood than the true item itself.

If the buyer doesn't know that some items might be chaged customs/duties, then he/she deserves to pay whatever might be charged.

It's not the seller's responsability to cover duties, the BUYER is the one importing, the seller is simply offering a server (in this case, the retailing of a product).

Why do you think no actual retailer (corporation) covers their customer's duty fees? :rolleyes:

J-Mag should not have to pay him back anything, it is in NO way his fault.

perkam
08-25-2006, 09:21 PM
YOu still end up with good memory thats worth more than 44 uk pounds...

Perkam

ozzimark
08-25-2006, 09:45 PM
YOu still end up with good memory thats worth more than 44 uk pounds...

Perkam
i agree. damn good (http://www.eclipseoc.com/image/teamgroup/600.8@4-4-3-18-8m.png) memory imo :toast:

Pinnacle
08-25-2006, 10:19 PM
is seemingly random, and is more based on the custom's agent's mood than the true item itself.

Huh? where are you pulling this from? his mood?

Its not random http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/

And its the responsibility of the seller to state that the buyer is responsible for any customes fees on whatever hes selling.

K.I.T.T.
08-25-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey, hey guys. Take it easy on TEAM ;)

It's not their fault that I was charged VAT. I wouldn't have minded paying say £20 to get it out of customs, but £44 is a bit too steep for me :( . I know the RAM is worth way more than that, but I'm off to uni next month and really can't afford to spend unless it's absolutely necessary :)

I've bought stuff from abroad before, and like Kiwi said, it's always been sent insured at a low value and with EMS (what's EMS anyway?). 2 x 1 GB G.Skill HZ PC4000 from a forum member was insured for $20, and my E6300 bought from a member in Australia was insured for AUD $40. No problems :)

It might have been allright if the RAM was marked at $150 rather than $300 though :p:

Would it be possible to resend it if I decline, or do you have any other suggestions?

And once again, please take it easy on TEAM :) I didn't enter the competition just to win some RAM. Taking part was the real fun part :D

BlackX
08-26-2006, 12:17 AM
EMS is BS.
Better pay more for the DHL or Fedex and forget about VATs

rapty
08-26-2006, 01:32 AM

It's not their fault that I was charged VAT. I wouldn't have minded paying say £20 to get it out of customs, but £44 is a bit too steep for me :( . I know the RAM is worth way more than that, but I'm off to uni next month and really can't afford to spend unless it's absolutely necessary :)

I've bought stuff from abroad before, and like Kiwi said, it's always been sent insured at a low value and with EMS (what's EMS anyway?). 2 x 1 GB G.Skill HZ PC4000 from a forum member was insured for $20, and my E6300 bought from a member in Australia was insured for AUD $40. No problems :)

It might have been allright if the RAM was marked at $150 rather than $300 though :p:

Would it be possible to resend it if I decline, or do you have any other suggestions?

And once again, please take it easy on TEAM :) I didn't enter the competition just to win some RAM. Taking part was the real fun part :D

That being said I Don't think you should be asked to pay £44.00 Custom Fee's when most Serious Individuals let alone a Company should Understand all Tax Negotiations in Well Established Countries.

It comes down to Team here and what Moral route they want to take, I don't want to get involved but I would expect them to atleast Evaluate the problem properly and recognize that this is infact a Prize which should contribute to a Free Gift, it does make you question Team Groups Customer Service if this isn't carried out in the appropriate manner.

I would also like to point out that most Computer Equipment sent between the US and UK should not be eligible for Tax I " Beleive " .

Highland3r
08-26-2006, 01:44 AM
The only issue with declaring a low value is that, if the package gets lost in the post you're screwed... (That's assuming you take out postal insurance...)

It doesnt seem to matter (in most cases) whether the package is marked as a gift of not, if the value is stated as being over the threshold then you stand a good chance of being stung with hefty customs.
The annoying thing is, (in the UK at anyrate) you don't just get charged the custom's fee, parcelfarce also stick a 25 quid flat rate charge for their "handling fee" which bumps up the cost no end!

Rolle2k
08-26-2006, 01:48 AM
EU laws are the same for all EU member countries. It absolutely does not matter if you marked the package as gift or if you won the prize. 45EUR is the limit but may vary from country to country. The best way to send a package from US/Canada to EU is to do this:

1. Send EMS - fast, safer and I've never had problems with taxes

2. Declare value up to $20-$50 - even if you pay tax it will be very little

3. And mark it as "gift"

#2 being the most important
Sometimes up to $100 is fine but more than that and tax is here

In this case no documents will help, trust me. Refuse the package and let the other end send again. Sorry this is the only way to avoid tax.

You are both right and wrong. Most of Europe has a limit around 20-30EUR not around 45. But some countrys have that high limit. i wouldn't either say EMS is safer, normal airmail have been the best one for me. The worst ones are DHL, and other companies. as some of them are checking up the original prices.
Also mark as gift doesn't work if its from a company always. i have some times gotten customs on those packages and when i called the customs they always have said "companys doesn't give gifts to private persons" that's why marking as commercial sampla can be better if its sent in a company name.
Anyway, declare a low value, name sender as private person, mark as gift(or commercial sample if its sent in a company name). is the best way getting it through. I can say that i have ordered probably over 100 packages from asia/us so i know how our customs work :p:

kiwi
08-26-2006, 02:11 AM
45EUR is from private to private. But as I said I don't mind paying $10 if it is declared $50 or so :)
Some interesting info about customs is here:
http://www.zoll.de/english_version/faq/b0_customs_procedures/index.html

I don't trust regular airmail because
1. Usually much slower, I've waited as long as 2 months. Usually surface mail is 2 months only.

2. Lost about 5 packages in 2 years (luckily only 1 was more or less worth, the rest were cheap)

EMS is BS.
Better pay more for the DHL or Fedex and forget about VATs

Sorry, fedex is terrible here. Fedex = tax if declared value is too high. Plus they make you fill out all customs paper, make import declaration (for extra cost) and it takes 1 day till you actually can get out your package. Besides Fedex is not even faster than EMS in most cases

Rolle2k
08-26-2006, 06:27 AM
45EUR is from private to private. But as I said I don't mind paying $10 if it is declared $50 or so :)
Some interesting info about customs is here:
http://www.zoll.de/english_version/faq/b0_customs_procedures/index.html

I don't trust regular airmail because
1. Usually much slower, I've waited as long as 2 months. Usually surface mail is 2 months only.

2. Lost about 5 packages in 2 years (luckily only 1 was more or less worth, the rest were cheap)

You shouldn't send stuff like that as regualr airmail.. send it as USPS Global priority mail which is often cheaper than ground and is 2-6 days to europe.
But i think it's only up to 4 pounds.
Anyway, regular airmail have never taken more than 2 weeks for me. And that is even if it have to go through Customs. i would never pay for EMS if i don't have to.

About the 45EUR limit, then i understand, i thought you meant from Company to person. in Sweden it's like max about 55EUR person to person (when marked as gift).

viddax^2
08-26-2006, 07:06 AM
If you dont put a value for the RAM, if it gets lost or arrives broken you get :banana::banana::banana::banana:.

Why the prize tag was that? Dont know, but keep in mind that taxing is not a company problem. Thats what EU says, you can do 2 things:

Either put the real value to have yourself covered in case of lost or arriving broken. This way you will have to pay tax if value is +45€

Or dont put any value, just free git and you dont pay taxes but if it arrives broken dont start talking :banana::banana::banana::banana: abour the company as people always do, it was your problem.

Regards.

Shpoon
08-26-2006, 08:49 AM
Huh? where are you pulling this from? his mood?

Its not random http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/

And its the responsibility of the seller to state that the buyer is responsible for any customes fees on whatever hes selling.

You seem to belive that they always follow the same rules :rolleyes:. I bet if I shipped 10 of the exact same thing, same value, same time, to the same person, some would be taxed, some wouldn't. You can't seem to get it into your head that our system is so vague that the consumer is always the one who suffers.

AND NO FFS, J-Mag is not a seller bound by the law, he's selling on a forum, tough sh1t for the guy who's too stupid to realize they might have to pay custom fees. You're a little brainwashed by bureaucracy, no? You have a little too much faith that they somehow know every single rule, treat everything the same, and you can predict what will be taxed or not :rolleyes:.

Edit: For example, your site...I searched somehting on Ebay, all it does is enter in tax, and attempts to place it in a category...I got two packages, one from performance-pcs, one from petras, both marked Computer Parts/Accessories. Duties on one + taxes, nothing on the other.

Works out great, huh?

Pinnacle
08-28-2006, 10:56 AM
You seem to belive that they always follow the same rules :rolleyes:. I bet if I shipped 10 of the exact same thing, same value, same time, to the same person, some would be taxed, some wouldn't. You can't seem to get it into your head that our system is so vague that the consumer is always the one who suffers.

AND NO FFS, J-Mag is not a seller bound by the law, he's selling on a forum, tough sh1t for the guy who's too stupid to realize they might have to pay custom fees. You're a little brainwashed by bureaucracy, no? You have a little too much faith that they somehow know every single rule, treat everything the same, and you can predict what will be taxed or not :rolleyes:.

Edit: For example, your site...I searched somehting on Ebay, all it does is enter in tax, and attempts to place it in a category...I got two packages, one from performance-pcs, one from petras, both marked Computer Parts/Accessories. Duties on one + taxes, nothing on the other.

Works out great, huh?

Alright, dude, keep believing in whatever

Shpoon
08-28-2006, 12:06 PM
And enjoy your ignorant world.

I JUST paid duties for certain items, not for others, all low value, same category. If that's not proof enough for you, then you need something done to knock the stubborness out of your body. To what gain are you arguing this? I'm TELLING you my experiences, and you continue to "deny" them :rolleyes:.

Oh well "keep believing in whatever".

Moonraker™
08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I got my G.Skill for free. :slap:

Same here. Pity K.I.T.T m8.

@ Highland3r. you're the one from srw forums ain't ya?

Pinnacle
08-28-2006, 01:17 PM
And enjoy your ignorant world.

I JUST paid duties for certain items, not for others, all low value, same category. If that's not proof enough for you, then you need something done to knock the stubborness out of your body. To what gain are you arguing this? I'm TELLING you my experiences, and you continue to "deny" them :rolleyes:.

Oh well "keep believing in whatever".

Alright already take a :banana::banana::banana::banana:ing hike

Shpoon
08-28-2006, 01:48 PM
No thanks, you're the one who's resorted to being a complete ass. I was helping/informing J-Mag, and you had a problem with that, you don't like it? Then you can leave....why would I "take a hike"?

Anyways, best of luck KITT.

Pinnacle
08-28-2006, 02:07 PM
You were informing J-mag?, please. You didnt do jack in that sence

with your "depends on the officers mood" comment, ya that will really help him out!!

Go to http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/, J-mag that will give you and idea.

TeamUSOffice
08-28-2006, 02:22 PM

Hi K.I.T.T.,
Thanks for backing us up. As you understand it we did not expect this type of things to happen, and I apologized it has happened. We will pay extra attention for out of state gifts in the future. Instead of writing a check to you about the custom fee I've decided to issue an open credit for your future purchases on Team products. Please use this credit direct through TEAM US OFFICE ONLY~~ other branches or distributors will not apply it for you(since I personally issued it).

44.22 GBP United Kingdom Pounds = 83.7214 USD
United States Dollars
1 GBP = 1.89329 USD 1 USD = 0.528181 GBP

I will give you an open credit for $84.00 USD.

Thanks for your time and patience.

ozzimark
08-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi K.I.T.T.,
Thanks for backing us up. As you understand it we did not expect this type of things to happen, and I apologized it has happened. We will pay extra attention for out of state gifts in the future. Instead of writing a check to you about the custom fee I've decided to issue an open credit for your future purchases on Team products.
:eek: :up:

TeamUSOffice
08-28-2006, 04:47 PM
:eek: :up:
This is out of my own pocket, since i am the PM in the US! Anyhow, this WAS indeed our problem and K.I.T.T. deserved not to pay anything on his price. I quote KITT "FXXXING CUSTOM!!!!" O well, I just trying to tell everyone that TEAM is here to solve problems rather than avoid it. :)

rapty
08-29-2006, 01:40 AM
lol

What do you sell for $84.00?

Why was a Coupon given instead of a Cash/Money Refund, Sounds to me its just a better way of Promoteing extra Business which Naturally why Team Group is Running, My View though is it gives the Impression that the Company will use their Mistakes in a Market where maybe the Customer does not Understand fully about the World Duty Regulations Dishonestly, where a Professional Company most certainly should this then asks the question is Team Group in the Business for the Long Haul or a Momentary Ticket? where the Customer or in this Case the Prize winner should or could lose out in Order for a mistake which was not carried out by themselves to be Picked up.

It Sounds by the Etchy Feedback from Team Group its Hang yourself with your own Rope Psychology, the best route to be taken here would have been to cover his Import Fee's instead of useing the Issue as a meens to extra Business which could be Interpreted as Deception under a excuse, In this case it does look to come down to the Customers Personal Attributes instead of all Retail Customers let alone Prize winners dealt with on a level Playing Field and in the appropriate Professional Manner.

Or I could be Wrong and they aren't simply that Multi National Yet

No Cauldron is meant to be Stirred, just what I have Picked up

jrw
08-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Why is this even a tread? :stick:

Shpoon
08-29-2006, 06:48 AM
You were informing J-mag?, please. You didnt do jack in that sence

with your "depends on the officers mood" comment, ya that will really help him out!!

Go to http://www.myborderpro.com/2006/, J-mag that will give you and idea.

Actually, since I've already proved that they DON'T follow those rules that you love to hold onto, I did help him. My "mood" comment was a reflection of the fact that it's not consistant, not to be taken as a fact, retard.

Apparently you're dense as well as stubborn.

Edit: It worked out for KITT, so I'll leave the thread, you can make your last idiotic comment and then go home feeling that you "outsmarted" me. Enjoy.

@J-Mag, his link is bullshat, the categories that it assigns should not be taken for utter truth, computer goods/hardware/whatever are treated differently, as well as taxed differently (not to mention different shipping methods are also treated differently).

Pinnacle
08-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Actually, since I've already proved that they DON'T follow those rules that you love to hold onto, I did help him. My "mood" comment was a reflection of the fact that it's not consistant, not to be taken as a fact, retard.

Apparently you're dense as well as stubborn.

Edit: It worked out for KITT, so I'll leave the thread, you can make your last idiotic comment and then go home feeling that you "outsmarted" me. Enjoy.

@J-Mag, his link is bullshat, the categories that it assigns should not be taken for utter truth, computer goods/hardware/whatever are treated differently, as well as taxed differently (not to mention different shipping methods are also treated differently).

Im just gonna calm myself down. And just leave this 13 year old alone.

Shpoon
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I lied, my self-discipline is non-existent ;)

Pinnacle, I obviously pissed you off, and made you all whiney about me.

I'm not 13 firstly, and I can't imagine how you would gather that. Apparently my typing (which, unlike many here, I attempt to keep neat and legible) conveys my age? As well, I don't know how this started as I have given my opinion, not yours. You're entitled to your opinion, right or wrong, as am I.

I refuted your linked-site in a manner which I assumed was unoffensive, but you've chosen to take it as a personal attack, which it was not intended. (Later, the personal attacks were there).

Just my 2 cents: don't let this become a forum wide thing...we obviously have a difference of opinions on this matter, but we're both members with the same interests, so let's let this issue die, and let any problems between us die here as well.....

TeamUSOffice
08-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Why is this even a tread? :stick:
I dont know. This is a very good question.

TeamUSOffice
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
lol

What do you sell for $84.00?

Why was a Coupon given instead of a Cash/Money Refund, Sounds to me its just a better way of Promoteing extra Business which Naturally why Team Group is Running, My View though is it gives the Impression that the Company will use their Mistakes in a Market where maybe the Customer does not Understand fully about the World Duty Regulations Dishonestly, where a Professional Company most certainly should this then asks the question is Team Group in the Business for the Long Haul or a Momentary Ticket? where the Customer or in this Case the Prize winner should or could lose out in Order for a mistake which was not carried out by themselves to be Picked up.

It Sounds by the Etchy Feedback from Team Group its Hang yourself with your own Rope Psychology, the best route to be taken here would have been to cover his Import Fee's instead of useing the Issue as a meens to extra Business which could be Interpreted as Deception under a excuse, In this case it does look to come down to the Customers Personal Attributes instead of all Retail Customers let alone Prize winners dealt with on a level Playing Field and in the appropriate Professional Manner.

Or I could be Wrong and they aren't simply that Multi National Yet

No Cauldron is meant to be Stirred, just what I have Picked up

like I said. I apologize about this situation. Perhaps, I shouldn't let international user to paticipate competition like this (I wouldn't like that, but it will prevent things like this happen again). I did not expect this issue will makes people think that TG is running and playing psycho games. I won't even response to this thread or even offer an open credit to KITT if i am trying to run or avoid this problem.

Moonraker™
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Nay. tis not fair to keep the glory in the US! - All companies over here are complete sh-ts. They do nothing like this for us.

As someone said, just mark it as a gift and worth £10 or something.

TeamUSOffice
08-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Nay. tis not fair to keep the glory in the US! - All companies over here are complete sh-ts. They do nothing like this for us.

As someone said, just mark it as a gift and worth £10 or something.
duly noted. Thanks for the suggestion.

mr_mordred2095
08-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Team, I think, have been very good in this situation. At least they offered some form of compensation, which many companies would just say no to.

This sort of support has made me decide to spend the extra $30au and get some Team, instead of the G-Skill HZ :)

rapty
08-30-2006, 01:31 AM
like I said. I apologize about this situation. Perhaps, I shouldn't let international user to paticipate competition like this (I wouldn't like that, but it will prevent things like this happen again). I did not expect this issue will makes people think that TG is running and playing psycho games. I won't even response to this thread or even offer an open credit to KITT if i am trying to run or avoid this problem.

I'm quite aware of the Help you offered, I am commenting on the way you are going about it, why does the Money come from your Pocket and not TG's if your are a Representetive which has made a legitimate mistake, why can't a Refund be offered instead of a Coupon?, Diverting the Real Questions & takeing it down onto a level where a Blame situation develops would be stupid on your behalf I work in the International Press Industry and deal with PR Officers Regulary so I'm quite aware how they should or could Operate for a Company.

Theirs Quite an easy way of Preventing this from happening again sort your shipping to a gift and Worth to $30.00 or pay the Import Duties Outside the US when they hit Customs, Quoteing I won't let International Users participate in any more Competitions is quite a Childish Reaction and could be used as a Tactical Diversion onto another Party commenting on the Company's actions taken, To the point although KTT is pleased with what he has received as a Customer he should have been offered the Import Duty Refund for a Prize Won in a Competition and the Company not useing the situation for a meens to extra business.

Their is no way in my View that anyone dislikes a Competition this is a Problem that stemmed from a Competition not the Actual Competition although KTT was happy with what he received if you would have been dealing with me I would have wanted a Detailed Explanation. I'm going to leave it their as it wasn't my problem on another Note how long have you been in a PR Job?