PDA

View Full Version : How to install & setup WCG

NickS
08-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Read this to install and config WCG correctly :)

Sign up here (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/reg/viewRegister.do?platform=all) (or if re-installing, you must be signed in on worldcommunitygrid.org)
Follow the rest of the steps after signing up.

It will allow you to download BOINC and tell you how to set up WCG with BOINC. BOINC has automatic support for multiple cores last time I knew.

MISC SETUP & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT

You can configure your account http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyMemberPage.do.. like joining a team, etc.

To find XtremeSystems team, just search XtremeSystems and hit Join Team :)

njkid32
08-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Ok tell me this,,, how do I get 4 cores to run at 100% do I need to run 4 of these? HEEEELLLLPPPP~~~!!!

Edit: It looks like this app is for single cpu's no dual cores or dual cpu's....:(

NickS
08-24-2006, 11:18 PM
This project is BOINC Compatible, I'll add that to the guide. There you can use multiple cores.

itznfb
08-25-2006, 04:37 AM
has anyone figured out why the sig stats don't update?

NickS
08-25-2006, 06:02 AM
To get your stats to update, you need to have your username like this. For example, my WCG username is NickS, so add XtremeSystems after your username.

NickSXtremeSystems

itznfb
08-25-2006, 06:05 AM
To get your stats to update, you need to have your username like this. For example, my WCG username is NickS, so add _XSXtremeSystems after your username.

NickS_XSXtremeSystems

where do i need to change this?

NickS
08-25-2006, 06:09 AM
I changed my above post, I screwed up the username. It works now, though. Anyway, to change this, go here http://stats.free-dc.org/statstool.php

itznfb
08-25-2006, 06:12 AM
ooohhh, you put your username in the projectID instead of the boinc client ID. that's weird.

NickS
08-25-2006, 06:14 AM
Yep it's working properly for you now. Your teamrank is 9 :)

itznfb
08-25-2006, 06:18 AM
w00t!~
wait till i put my beast on it at night :)

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Ok tell me this,,, how do I get 4 cores to run at 100% do I need to run 4 of these? HEEEELLLLPPPP~~~!!!

Edit: It looks like this app is for single cpu's no dual cores or dual cpu's....:(

That's why the old UD client is being dropped. It's oudated, you get less points and doesn't work on multi-core cpu's, your going to have to use boinc im afraid :(.

itznfb
08-25-2006, 06:24 AM
i don't really mind using the boinc client. its easy to use.

Magnj
08-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Installed, it said somehing need to be updated...I guess I have to reboot.

Magnj
08-25-2006, 11:09 AM
ok up and running for XS @ 100% CPU with my A64 @ 2.2 Ghz.

Question. Will running this on my Dual-Core Turion TL-50 produce enough to warrant me to install this on it?

Got Chow
08-25-2006, 11:13 AM
BOINC returns way more points for me on the same machines (fast ones compared to a lot of old school crunchers) than UD. A WU is a WU, points don't matter THAT much, but getting double the points for the same WU is nice. ;)

NickS
08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I removed the UD install guide, as you can use BOINC on single core too and it gets us more points :D.

lawrywild
08-25-2006, 12:22 PM

3.2ghz Conroe and maybe a 2.8ghz p4 :)

can someone tell me how to change my free-dc sig, I've completely forgotten...

edit: nvm seen the sticky :)

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Here's my V.quick guide I wrote over in the R@H section;

here's the WCG sign up page basically fill in what it asks; http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/re...o?platform=all

then follow this boinc guide to set it up; https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.or...YouBoincWin.do

once done log in on the www.worldcommunitygrid.org website and go to the team page here; http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/te...mId=69B8364XP1

simply click "join this team" button and your done.

:toast:

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 12:28 PM

3.2ghz Conroe and maybe a 2.8ghz p4 :)

can someone tell me how to change my free-dc sig, I've completely forgotten...

1)go to the FDC forums and log in
2)wait to appear on the XS team page here; http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=wcg&team=XtremeSystems
3)go to the stats tool and enter in the WCG box "usernameXtremeSystems" e.g. for me "melymel2789XtremeSystems"
4) click the tick box and then update and you are done.

:toast:

itznfb
08-25-2006, 12:30 PM
to change your sig just sign -in to the free-dc.org forum, then go to stats.free-dc.org and go to the statstool config, from there you'll be able to figure it out if you've done it before. for WCG you want to enter your name with XtremeSystems on the end, instead of your boinc ID. like this: http://itznfb.com/images/statstool.jpg

edit: you beat me to it

lawrywild
08-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys, got it now :)

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I just realised my sigs on the forum limits now, I had better not run anymore DC projects :rofl:

Magnj
08-25-2006, 12:50 PM
ok so I have the project attatched to BOINC so now do I close the WCG thing or leave both open?

Also does this 100% load tool need to be applied everytime I reboot?

itznfb
08-25-2006, 12:54 PM
ok so I have the project attatched to BOINC so now do I close the WCG thing or leave both open?

Also does this 100% load tool need to be applied everytime I reboot?

you have UD and boinc running at the same time? get rid of that :banana::banana::banana::banana:ty UD client.

as for the 100% load tool.... :confused: what is it?

NickS
08-25-2006, 01:18 PM
Only for UD proggy.

lawrywild
08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm running just BOINC on FAAH. I prefer the idea of finding a cure for AIDs so that's what I'll run..

[cTx]Philosophy
08-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Ok its been well over 24 hrs for me and siggy still isnt updated, on website it shows I have some points but siggy isnt showing it..

I have everything done right and still no points :(

NickS
08-25-2006, 04:57 PM
It's prolly on Free-DC's end then.

Magnj
08-25-2006, 06:06 PM
ok so i'll just have BOINC run at startup and not the other.

v0dka
08-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Just signed up my first 165 to WCG!

What about crunch3rs optimesed files?

Martijn
08-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Joined the team. I'll finish my proth tests in SoB (takes a few days), then I'll continue with WCG.

WesM63
08-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Just signed up my first 165 to WCG!

What about crunch3rs optimesed files?

They seem to work. I just detached R@H and attached WCG and was on my way. I'm using crunch3rs optimised files :)

DAK1640
08-27-2006, 09:37 AM
I understand 5.5 Optimised runs best?

[cTx]Philosophy
08-27-2006, 09:53 AM
I understand 5.5 Optimised runs best?
Yezzir...

afireinside
08-30-2006, 01:01 AM
So this project uses the same benchmark based BS credit system as rosetta? :(

NickS
08-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Yep. :(

metro.cl
08-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok i'm in :)

[XC] mysticmerlin
08-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Ok i'm in :)

Thanks, and welcome Metro.cl :clap:

STEvil
08-31-2006, 03:40 PM
the link when adding yourself to the project through the boinc software is "http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/" btw.

brot
09-01-2006, 02:08 AM
I'm in, too.
But that damn project wont run on amd64linux which is my biggest pc. but its running here on all others ;)

[XC] Adywebb
09-01-2006, 02:12 AM
If Boinc runs on your linux box, then there should be no reason why you can't attach it to WCG?

Shaotai
09-01-2006, 09:14 AM
joined...

[XC] hipno650
09-01-2006, 09:27 AM
good to see you guys!!!!!!!

itznfb
09-01-2006, 02:50 PM
i just moved a 4 core box over but its only seeing 2 cores? how do i set it to see all 4?

[XC] Adywebb
09-01-2006, 03:06 PM
i just moved a 4 core box over but its only seeing 2 cores? how do i set it to see all 4?
You need to go to your boinc default profile at WCG (Device Manager>Device Profiles) and make sure under "On multiprocessors, at most use:" that 4 is selected - save the updated profile, then update Boinc Manager :thumbsup:

[XC] moddolicous
09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Where can I check the stats for WCG? Free-dc's dont seen to work very well.

itznfb
09-01-2006, 05:50 PM
check your stats at worldcommunitygrid.org

@ady, got it, thanks

itznfb
09-02-2006, 09:14 PM
if i install optimized client, and my cpu benchmarks go down significantly, i'm assuming i should uninstall them?

[cTx]Philosophy
09-03-2006, 08:46 PM
how i get boinc wcg in siggy too?
cant find it

[XC] Adywebb
09-03-2006, 11:00 PM
how i get boinc wcg in siggy too?
cant find it
Its in the FDC Statstool as Boinc WCG and use your Boinc Account Number (under My Profile (https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyProfile.do) over at your WCG page)

Privateer
09-04-2006, 11:39 PM
I can't get the sig thingy right.

I'm doing as it says on other posts,

It sais this, Privateer's Projects id's. Ive done this and this.

Privateer'sXtremeSystems

PrivateerXtremeSystems

then ticked the box.

[XC] Adywebb
09-05-2006, 11:46 AM
PrivateerXtremeSystems should work - I notice you joined yesterday and have submitted 1 result so far, so it could be waiting for the next update?

Edit: I see that the World Community Grid stats are now showing the updated result - however your WCG (BOINC) figure doesn't look right, are you using the Boinc Account Number for WCG as in my previous post #50?

Privateer
09-05-2006, 01:01 PM
PrivateerXtremeSystems should work - I notice you joined yesterday and have submitted 1 result so far, so it could be waiting for the next update?

Edit: I see that the World Community Grid stats are now showing the updated result - however your WCG (BOINC) figure doesn't look right, are you using the Boinc Account Number for WCG as in my previous post #50?

My BOINC has Gone back to 0.

also Welcome back, Privateer
Accumulated Points: 796
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyProfile.do

[XC] Adywebb
09-05-2006, 01:21 PM
My BOINC has Gone back to 0.

also Welcome back, Privateer
Accumulated Points: 796
https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/ms/viewMyProfile.do
I should imagine your Boinc stats will be up and running with the next boinc update.

Be aware that others cannot view that link to your member page without using your login ;)

Privateer
09-05-2006, 10:05 PM
I should imagine your Boinc stats will be up and running with the next boinc update.

Be aware that others cannot view that link to your member page without using your login ;)

Thats gutting, I read boinc clients are faster, IF id installed UD on both of the PC, that have boinc on them they'd have done 1000 points by now.

Edit: I'm still learning my BOINC points have gone on the UD score, why's that ?

Also my team ranks are different, hows that possible, if WCG is the main body.

[XC] Adywebb
09-06-2006, 09:00 AM
Thats gutting, I read boinc clients are faster, IF id installed UD on both of the PC, that have boinc on them they'd have done 1000 points by now.

Edit: I'm still learning my BOINC points have gone on the UD score, why's that ?

Also my team ranks are different, hows that possible, if WCG is the main body.
The UD client directly produces WCG points that do not appear in the Boinc stats, however Boinc produces Boinc 'credits' which contribute to the WCG Boinc only stats - and they are also multiplied by 7 and added to your overall WCG points.

Therefore there are two seperate sets of stats you can monitor, overall WCG stats which everyone at WCG contributes to (Boinc + UD), and the WCG Boinc only stats which only those using the Boinc client contribute to.

Have a look at post #12 HERE (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1692977) for an explaination as to why there are two different clients.

If we look at your sig sats at the moment as an example - you have 446 WCG Boinc points which x7 = 3122 overall WCG points - the reason why it doesn't directly tally with your WCG points in the sig is because Boinc stats are updated in the sigs several times a day, whereas the WCG stats are updated once around midnight UTC.

The reason why the team ranks are different is that the WCG ranking includes everyone using UD client and Boinc, wheres as the WCG Boinc rank only includes those using Boinc.

Be assured the Boinc client will outscore the UD client :up:

Privateer
09-06-2006, 09:28 AM
The UD client directly produces WCG points that do not appear in the Boinc stats, however Boinc produces Boinc 'credits' which contribute to the WCG Boinc only stats - and they are also multiplied by 7 and added to your overall WCG points.

Therefore there are two seperate sets of stats you can monitor, overall WCG stats which everyone at WCG contributes to (Boinc + UD), and the WCG Boinc only stats which only those using the Boinc client contribute to.

Have a look at post #12 HERE (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1692977) for an explaination as to why there are two different clients.

If we look at your sig sats at the moment as an example - you have 446 WCG Boinc points which x7 = 3122 overall WCG points - the reason why it doesn't directly tally with your WCG points in the sig is because Boinc stats are updated in the sigs several times a day, whereas the WCG stats are updated once around midnight UTC.

The reason why the team ranks are different is that the WCG ranking includes everyone using UD client and Boinc, wheres as the WCG Boinc rank only includes those using Boinc.

Be assured the Boinc client will outscore the UD client :up:

Thanks for that.:toast:

ashley
09-08-2006, 02:59 AM
hi!!

I just joinded your team :toast:
I hope I will help you ;)

brot
09-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Yes this will help. Thank you for joining.

computerman0416
09-14-2006, 04:02 AM
Just joined and installed and i am having problems. It says my agent is paused. I click on the Icon in the tray and a message comes up. I click ok and it attepmts to download, files. It downloads some but then they just go away. My system meets or exceed all the specs. The only things that I think might be hindering is the fact that I installed on my Windows 2003 X64 bit server. It should still be able to run it in 32 bit mode. The causes they list dont help. I have McAfee 8.0 but dont see where I have to disable the under buffer protection, if that is what is preventing my tasks from downloading. HELP!!!!!!!

Movieman
09-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Just joined and installed and i am having problems. It says my agent is paused. I click on the Icon in the tray and a message comes up. I click ok and it attepmts to download, files. It downloads some but then they just go away. My system meets or exceed all the specs. The only things that I think might be hindering is the fact that I installed on my Windows 2003 X64 bit server. It should still be able to run it in 32 bit mode. The causes they list dont help. I have McAfee 8.0 but dont see where I have to disable the under buffer protection, if that is what is preventing my tasks from downloading. HELP!!!!!!!
Hey stranger:D Are you using BOINC or the UD agent?
Use Boinc, that works fine. Questions, turn on your ICQ and I'll help you.

Aerou
09-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi guys, I have been in the WCG since March 2005 and I wanted to start a thread about this project, but I thought you guys just roll in Rosetta ...

Anyway, as I crunch WCG quite a while, I must say that I also vote for the BOINC, cuz its far better, and with cruncher's files its the ONLY choice IMO,

GOOD LUCK and I hope we'll make a great crunch-team with xtreme-results ... :toast: :toast: :toast:

rob725
09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
hi!!

I just joinded your team :toast:
I hope I will help you ;)

Hi Ashley:

Every bit helps! Welcome to the team. Thanks for helping out. If you have any questions or need help with anything, just ask. :toast:

itznfb
09-22-2006, 05:39 AM
is anyone else running in to the non-reporting WUs on 5.4.9?

i just looked at one of my Xeon boxes and i had 25 unreported tasks. and i had the same issue last night with my opty and my c2d box.

billdavis
09-27-2006, 07:27 AM
I`ll play till im board

when will i start seeing results on my stats
________
Mc platform (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform)

[XC] riptide
09-27-2006, 08:19 AM
I'm gonna sign up for this at long last in a day or 2. Might get it going before weekend. Just have to install a few wireless cards tonight. Now I'll probably grit my teeth and use the boinc client. Since WCG isn't been covered much by BOK at the moment, is there any stats that are covered. And i mean stats close to the quality of Boks usually standard. the stats on WCG just doesn't cut the mustard for me? Will BOINCstats show us the real picture?

Okda
10-16-2006, 07:38 AM
just installed 5.4.11 and it is only using 1 core and noth both fo them

how can i fix that ?

EDIT:

ok now after 12 min BOINC downloaded more tasks and it is using the both cores now

how can i control how many tasks it download ?

Martijn
10-16-2006, 07:59 AM
ok now after 12 min BOINC downloaded more tasks and it is using the both cores now

how can i control how many tasks it download ?
Go to your WCG properties, go to device manager, device profiles. Then click the Boinc profile you want to use and set 'Connect to network about every xxx days' to a number of your choice. The less, the smaller the queue :)

Fr3ak
10-16-2006, 08:00 AM
You have to edit your profile preferences ont eh WCG homepage.
You can get there using the boinc manager. Open the projects tab and click on WCG. Now chose "Device Profiles" on the left and a webbrowser should open. Now you can edit your default or home profile, or whatever you use.
"Connect to network about every x days" is what you have to set for the amout of WUs it downloads. A smaler value downloads less WUs than a bigger value.

Edit: Oh well Martijn beat me by a few seconds :P

Okda
10-16-2006, 08:07 AM
A smaler value downloads less WUs than a bigger value.

Thanks both

but just to be very clear, if i set it to 5 days for example it will d/l less WUs than if i set it to 10 days ?

what is ur config on ur main rig everyone ?

Martijn
10-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Thanks both

but just to be very clear, if i set it to 5 days for example it will d/l less WUs than if i set it to 10 days ?

what is ur config on ur main rig everyone ?
Yes. My main rig is set to .5 days, it is connected to the internet all time and does one FAAH WU in 5 hours. This will mean I have an average of 4-6 WUs queued :)

Origin_Unknown
10-24-2006, 02:11 AM
can i run this on multiple pc's?

[XC] Malkec
10-24-2006, 05:42 AM
can i run this on multiple pc's?

Not only you can, you MUST! :D

Origin_Unknown
10-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Not only you can, you MUST! :D

hehe,

well ive joined and currently im running it on:

work.... 2gig p4 - 512mb (for when im not at work)

ill be installing it on my xp-m at home (for when im at work) and also at work under my desk i have a 2.6gig xeon with 2gig o' ram :banana: so it will be going on that too :)

Fr3ak
10-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome to the team then.
Just make sure you are allowed to use the computers at work :)

Origin_Unknown
10-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Welcome to the team then.
Just make sure you are allowed to use the computers at work :)

i'm one of the network admins ;)

|Aegi3|
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi, decided to join the team and help out :D

Hopefully ill be able help my uncle too and all the other ppl with cancer :) !

itznfb
11-03-2006, 03:50 PM
glad to hear it! a lot of the guys here have joined for that very reason. most of us have some type of personal connection to the diseases WCG helps fight.

Hi, decided to join the team and help out :D

Hopefully ill be able help my uncle too and all the other ppl with cancer :) !

brot
11-03-2006, 05:32 PM
My dad had cancer, but he survived it. And that because a new thing called interferon A. So research def. helps. Glad to see anotherone helping us crunching.

Lets help others helping your uncle.

Bail_w
11-15-2006, 09:05 PM
THe link doesnt work to join doesnt work?

ShootStraight
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
I can get it while logged in, but it seems to give a "serverlet exception" when trying to access while logged out. Anyone else verify this?

I'm trying to remember if it can be done through BOINC instead. Try to DL BOINC from the berkeley site and attach to WCG accordingly.

Or wait till the link gets fixed...

Good luck and thanks for joining up with us.:toast:

-SS

Edit: I suspect the site has some problems as I'm getting this error alot now, even while signed in. Edit/

Fr3ak
11-15-2006, 10:56 PM
You can create a WCG account an join XtremeSystems via the WCG webpage after/while creating the account.

Bail_w
11-15-2006, 11:00 PM
You can create a WCG account an join XtremeSystems via the WCG webpage after/while creating the account.

ya i was intend to do that, but after i click on find a team, the page wont load.

Fr3ak
11-16-2006, 12:27 AM
Maybe a temporarily bug :/

Bail_w
11-16-2006, 07:50 AM
so can i still optimze this bonic cilent or must run with standard one?

Martijn
11-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Standard please, you'll be penalized by WCG if you optimise :)

Bail_w
11-16-2006, 07:53 AM
okay then, but 4 hrs to complete a task on a Core 2 duo 3.3ghz? WTF?

Movieman
11-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Martijn is correct..standard client please..
Thanks!

noroger
12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
My grandpa had cancer. Now he can't walk :(

Now I'm leaving a Athlon XP 2500+ for 24/7, I hope that help people :rolleyes:

njkid32
12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
:welcome: NoRogeR sorry to hear about your grandpa! Glad to have you on the team! If you need anything please dont hesitate to ask:)

Nicksterr
12-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Just downloaded, set it up, and let it go. Will have it up whenever I'm not gaming.
I'm also going to try and get it setup on my mothers computer, a S754 A64 3200+

[XC] hipno650
12-26-2006, 09:24 PM
thanks man!!! it's good to have you guys online to help us out!!

sierra_bound
12-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Welcome, Nicksterr :wave:

[XC] gomeler
12-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Glad to have you guys aboard, the more the merrier!

Nicksterr
12-30-2006, 12:35 PM
2nd computer added, A64 3200+ (2.0ghz)

G.Foyle
01-29-2007, 09:22 AM
HI :)
Just joined the team with 3.2GHz Conroe, maybe I'll add an 1.9GHz Athlon later. I'm glad to help!

Duh
02-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I am using WCG agent.. do not know how to:

1-say that I want to give my credits to: XtremeSystems
2- As soon as someone uses the comp to stop running to be able able to you 100% of the resources for the desired app.

TIA

BTW: it is running on an am2 and soon will configure it on my 462 :cool:

Movieman
02-04-2007, 02:57 PM

2- As soon as someone uses the comp to stop running to be able able to you 100% of the resources for the desired app.

TIA

Hi; If your using the UD agent you need to switch to the boinc version available here:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php

meshmesh
02-04-2007, 03:36 PM

TIA

Welcome to the team.

As mentioned above, please uninstall the WCG UD agent. then install BOINC from the link provided above in Movieman post. It is straight forward. I would use the defaults, except select "Service Installation" in the "Setup Type" dialog box. Further details on installing Boinc can be found here (http://boinc-wiki.ath.cx/index.php?title=Installing_The_BOINC_Client_Softwa re_on_Microsoft_Windows%C2%AE)

1) To join the XS team, click on this link (http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=69B8364XP1). When the WCG team page appears, click on the button in the middle of the page that says "join this team".

2) As for stopping BOINC to allow 100% of the resources to be used by another application: this is generaly not necessary. Boinc is designed to run as a "low priority application". It uses the spare CPU cycles and only when not used by another application. Boinc will stop running if PC is busy. However, if necessary to stop BOINC, then once it is installed and running, you can fire the Boinc Manager, open the "Activity" menu and click "Suspend" or right click on the boinc manager icon in the task bar and select "snooze".

If you need further help, please do not hesitate to post.

Duh
02-04-2007, 05:57 PM
462 up and running.. still gotta configure the am2

[XC] hipno650
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM
good to have you man!!! welcome to the team!!!

flexo_fk
02-13-2007, 03:43 AM
finally i joined...
ok it's just an olde xp 3200+ for the beginning and nothing compared to other rigs, but it's the best i have ATM and i will add other devices soon...

my grandpa died a slow and painful death as the result of prostate and bowel cancer & my dad is a hardcore-chain-smoker since 45 years, so i decided to do at least something

meshmesh
02-13-2007, 03:19 PM
finally i joined...
ok it's just an olde xp 3200+ for the beginning and nothing compared to other rigs, but it's the best i have ATM and i will add other devices soon...
Welcome to the team. Great that you joined. Every bit helps the effort. :thumbsup:

Are you running on Boinc or UD client?

flexo_fk
02-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Welcome to the team. Great that you joined. Every bit helps the effort.

Are you running on Boinc or UD client?

Thank you for the welcome, meshmesh :)
currently i'm running the boinc client ver. 5.8.11, is that ok?
and i heard something about crunch3r's optimized files, what's that about?

[XC]melymel
02-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Thank you for the welcome, meshmesh :)
currently i'm running the boinc client ver. 5.8.11, is that ok?
and i heard something about crunch3r's optimized files, what's that about?

Yep the new boinc client is fine. As for the Crunch3r opti's they are unnecesary on wcg and actually cause you to get less points. So just running the standard boinc client is best.

Thanks for joining :toast:

flexo_fk
02-14-2007, 11:56 PM
thanks melymel2789 :) so i will leave the system as it is..
i don't want to sound noobish, but is there a way to fasten up the pending validation?
because results from device #2 (laptop) were sent to wcg at the 02/13/07 18:22 and they are still not valid...
and results from device #1(main rig) sent to wcg at 02/14/07 13:01 are already valid :confused: is this normal? or does wcg the device #2 not accept? - it's not listed under 'Device Statistics' but i can see it under 'Device Manager'...

Movieman
02-15-2007, 12:52 AM
thanks melymel2789 :) so i will leave the system as it is..
i don't want to sound noobish, but is there a way to fasten up the pending validation?
because results from device #2 (laptop) were sent to wcg at the 02/13/07 18:22 and they are still not valid...
and results from device #1(main rig) sent to wcg at 02/14/07 13:01 are already valid :confused: is this normal? or does wcg the device #2 not accept? - it's not listed under 'Device Statistics' but i can see it under 'Device Manager'...
It can sometimes take 3-5 days and to get an accurate idea of what your machines are putting out can take over a week to see with any accuracy.
Patience is the word here.This is all about the quorum system.
They can send to 3 guys, 2 send back in a day, #3 works on it for 3 days on and off with a PC that runs 2 hours a day and then say that person formats or goes away..After the week when the Work unit expires, they send to guy #4 and you wait till he sends back..
It works out in the end but I hear you, at first you wonder where the hell are my points.:D
If it makes you feel better, I have an 8 core dual clover here with over 50 WU pending validation. It just does them so fast that the machine gets ahead of everyone else.

flexo_fk
02-15-2007, 02:36 AM
thanks movieman for explaining the matter, now i see how the cat jumps
the quorum system is the culprit (or the slower guys) :p:

I have an 8 core dual clover here with over 50 WU pending validation.
It just does them so fast that the machine gets ahead of everyone else.

:rocker: rock 'em dude!! sweet, really sweet system u have.. i'm far far away from that wcg processing power :(
next step for me is to get an olde xp1800+ up and running..

Skip Da Shu
02-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Ya'll are puttin' a whuppin' on everybody in WCG! Good work and congrats.

Jamesrt2004
02-26-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm Folding For WCG :D

First time for everything I s'pose :D

Cedde
03-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Allright...

Got my E6600 rig folding, along with a E6400 rig - for XtremeSystems ofcourse ;).

Unfortunately they don't crunch that hard at stock speed. Problem is that both MB's suck, so OC is not an option. Hope to upgrade my E6600 motherboard/ram soon - so I can get to use the full potential:)

[XC] moddolicous
03-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey, any little bit counts, right? Welcome to the team.

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Ya'll are puttin' a whuppin' on everybody in WCG! Good work and congrats.

Do'en what we do best :slapass: :woot:

PotGoblin
03-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I joined up today as well

folding on a P4 2.6 w/ HT

soon to be building a c2d e6420 when they are released as well - will add it when not gaming etc

Movieman
03-23-2007, 11:53 PM

soon to be building a c2d e6420 when they are released as well - will add it when not gaming etc

:welcome:
WE can use all the help we can get..
Pull up a chair and get comfortable.:toast:

Cedde
03-24-2007, 01:40 AM

Good to have ya...

Pretty new here myself, but yourself comfy - seems to be a lot of good guys around here :)

[XC] marbus16
03-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey, there's now runing a P4 @3GHz HT for ya pplz!

Sometimes i'll clock it to 3,5Ghz up, or to 3,78Ghz, who knows.... but @OC does anyone have to pay the energy used by this CPU for me, otherwise my parents 're going to let me pay it.... (and i don't have ANY money - getting from them? stupid things ya thinkin' bout!)

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-26-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey, there's now runing a P4 @3GHz HT for ya pplz!

Sometimes i'll clock it to 3,5Ghz up, or to 3,78Ghz, who knows.... but @OC does anyone have to pay the energy used by this CPU for me, otherwise my parents 're going to let me pay it.... (and i don't have ANY money - getting from them? stupid things ya thinkin' bout!)

:welcome: Nice to have you aboard marbus :toast:

StyM
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
how can i install boinc on my AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, freebsd 64bit os ?

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-27-2007, 11:00 PM
how can i install boinc on my AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, freebsd 64bit os ?

1. Go here (http://www.freshports.org/net/boinc-client/) and get the latest client file.

2. go to the WCG website (www.worldcommunitygrid.org)and sign up and join xtremesystems of course.

3. Install the tar ball and input your information.

4. Should do it. If not post back and some one much smarter then me can hop in.

Thanks for your interest in WCG and Team XS :toast:

StyM
03-28-2007, 06:00 PM
i've already installed boinc client.
but i always keep on getting this message...

2007-03-29 10:09:23 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Sending scheduler request: Project initialization
2007-03-29 10:09:23 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Requesting 1 seconds of new work
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [---] Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Scheduler request failed: problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Deferring communication for 1 min 0 sec
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Reason: scheduler request failed
2007-03-29 10:09:32 [---] Access to reference site succeeded - project servers may be temporarily down.

did i do something wrong ?? what needs to be done ??

[XC] mysticmerlin
03-28-2007, 06:09 PM
i've already installed boinc client.
but i always keep on getting this message...
did i do something wrong ?? what needs to be done ??

I sent a PM to Fr3ak but if anyone one *inx / BSD is reading this jump in plz.

VietOZ
04-08-2007, 03:48 PM
couldn't download the program, keep getting the "Error on Page" message.

Edit: NVM, I got it. Anybody have trouble downloading at the registration page, just go to Home then download from there.

schifter
04-08-2007, 11:32 PM
mysticmerlin;2096890']I sent a PM to Fr3ak but if anyone one *inx / BSD is reading this jump in plz.

Did you get this worked out?

You need a ca-bundle.crt. Look here (https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=11201#86959).

When BOINC builds, it's supposed to find curl's ca-bundle.crt. Sometimes it doesn't.

I don't know why, but exactly one of my BSD boxes does this. Of course, it also won't download all the files it needs to run the projects.

StyM
04-10-2007, 02:49 AM

You need a ca-bundle.crt. Look here (https://secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread?thread=11201#86959).

When BOINC builds, it's supposed to find curl's ca-bundle.crt. Sometimes it doesn't.

I don't know why, but exactly one of my BSD boxes does this. Of course, it also won't download all the files it needs to run the projects.

wow, thanks for the help..
connection established, but can't download any work..
here's the output...

2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Starting BOINC client version 5.8.15 for amd64-portbld-freebsd
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] log flags: task, file_xfer, sched_ops
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Libraries: libcurl/7.16.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.2
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Data directory: /usr/home/StyM/wcg
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Processor: 1 amd64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+ [] [sse sse2 sse3 3dnow 3dnowext mmx]
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Memory: 1013.19 MB physical, 0 bytes virtual
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Disk: 32.16 GB total, 8.95 GB free
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] No general preferences found - using BOINC defaults
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] This computer is not attached to any projects
2007-04-10 15:29:21 [---] Visit http://boinc.berkeley.edu for instructions
2007-04-10 15:29:29 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Master file download succeeded
2007-04-10 15:29:29 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Sending scheduler request: Project initialization
2007-04-10 15:29:29 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Requesting 1 seconds of new work
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [World Community Grid] Scheduler RPC succeeded [server version 509]
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [World Community Grid] Message from server: platform 'amd64-portbld-freebsd' not found
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [World Community Grid] Deferring communication for 1 days 0 hr 0 min 0 sec
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [World Community Grid] Reason: requested by project
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [World Community Grid] Successfully attached to World Community Grid
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [---] Running CPU benchmarks
2007-04-10 15:29:34 [---] Suspending computation - running CPU benchmarks
2007-04-10 15:29:36 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file stat_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:29:36 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file default_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:39 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file stat_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:29:39 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 1521 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:39 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file faah_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:40 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file default_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:40 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 1546 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:40 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file faah_01_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:41 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file faah_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:41 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 4465 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:41 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file faah_01_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:41 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 19312 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:29:41 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file faah_02_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:41 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file faah_03_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file faah_02_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 5102 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file faah_03_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 4992 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file faah_04_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file faah_04_v02.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 4712 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 943 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:29:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_01_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_02_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_01_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 3130 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_02_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:29:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 6002 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:29:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_03_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:29:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_04_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:05 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_03_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:05 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 16038 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:05 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_04_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:05 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 4982 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:05 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_05_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:05 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_06_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:11 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_05_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:11 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 2935 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:11 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_06_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:11 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 5973 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:11 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hdc_07_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:11 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:17 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hdc_07_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:17 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 5637 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:17 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:17 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 943 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:17 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_01_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:17 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_02_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:23 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_01_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:23 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 1407 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:23 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_02_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:23 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 11915 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:23 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_03_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:23 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_04_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:29 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_03_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:29 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 11098 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:29 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_04_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:29 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 11025 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:29 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_05_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:29 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_06_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [---] Benchmark results:
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [---] Number of CPUs: 1
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [---] 1892 floating point MIPS (Whetstone) per CPU
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [---] 5654 integer MIPS (Dhrystone) per CPU
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_05_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 10318 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_06_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 10079 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_07_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file hpf2_08_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:35 [---] Resuming computation
2007-04-10 15:30:42 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_08_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:42 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 5724 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:42 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:43 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file hpf2_07_v01.png
2007-04-10 15:30:43 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 7923 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:43 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_01_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:44 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_00_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:44 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 3857 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:44 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_01_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:44 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 7552 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:44 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_02_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:44 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_03_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_02_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 14357 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_03_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 20365 bytes/sec
2007-04-10 15:30:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_04_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:47 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_05_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_04_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 4791 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_05_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 4326 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_06_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:53 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Started download of file fcg1_07_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_06_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 2217 bytes/sec2007-04-10 15:30:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Finished download of file fcg1_07_v01.gif
2007-04-10 15:30:59 [World Community Grid] [file_xfer] Throughput 6299 bytes/sec

schifter
04-10-2007, 11:43 PM
'amd64-portbld-freebsd' isn't a recognized platform yet. I saw your post on the WCG forums. If you submit the platform as suggested, they might authorize it to receive work units. Keep in mind that 32-bit FreeBSD was just accepted as a platform in February.

Alternatively, if this machine is going to be a dedicated cruncher, you can install a 32-bit system. I'd try to get amd64 authorized, though.

Face
04-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey there.

Been trying to put the sig up today, but for some reason it wouldn't show up.

Then at the Signature Permissions I saw this : Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No (bottom right). So this explains that..

Any idea why or what else could I do?

Thanks!

Edit : Oh hey, it suddenly works for some reason! : ) Hoo-Ray! :) :toast:

[XC] mysticmerlin
04-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Hey there.

Been trying to put the sig up today, but for some reason it wouldn't show up.

Then at the Signature Permissions I saw this : Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No (bottom right). So this explains that..

Any idea why or what else could I do?

Thanks!

Edit : Oh hey, it suddenly works for some reason! : ) Hoo-Ray! :) :toast:

Looks good Face :toast:

Face
04-13-2007, 07:12 AM
mysticmerlin;2126609']Looks good Face :toast:

Thanks,
Been playing with free-dc.org and Boincstats.com but couldn't get it exactly the way I wanted, So now I must confess and say that I actually had to sneak in your sig and get that address. :p:

Very convinient and simple to set-up. Been playing with the colors for half a day though to get some combo I finally liked. Would reccommend this to others as well. :toast:

billdavis
04-14-2007, 07:08 AM
how do i set this to run 100% and not 60

littleowl
04-14-2007, 07:43 AM

hey bill I may be wrong but I think that it is a mix between 2 things!
1: restart pc go into bios and turn off HT. boot back to M$ and run the benchmarks. now reboot and trun back on the HT..

2: go to wcg web site log in and click my grid, click device manager, click device profiles.
scroll down to advanced settings and look for "On multiprocessors, at most use:" make sure it is set for at least 2 I have mine set for 4.

I hope I am right and if I am wrong I hope someone helps you!! :)

Frisch
04-14-2007, 08:10 AM

Change your settings here, by simply typing 100 instead of the 60, and press save.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/863/hdrbd0.gif

You should see your second counter on cpu time count more.

If not, open your boinc manager and press update under the project tab

billdavis
04-14-2007, 08:16 AM
thanks
what bench marks?

i dont have ht enabled

billdavis
04-14-2007, 08:27 AM
You should see you your second counter on cpu time count more.

it still isnt 100%

is my boinc mgr on the web page or in the agent

sierra_bound
04-14-2007, 08:39 AM
The BOINC manager is a GUI. You should see the BOINC icon in the system tray. Just right click on it and go to "Open BOINC Manager". If you don't see the icon, then go to Start and then All Programs. BOINC should be listed there.

On the World Community Grid home page. Click on the "My Grid" tab. On the left-hand side you will see Device Manager. Your BOINC install should appear there. To change the settings that Frisch mentioned, click on Default.

The CPU benchmark can be run from the BOINC Manager. Go to Advanced and then "Run CPU Benchmarks".

BOINC is composed of a manager and a client. The client is the software that accesses the WCG servers. It's what allows you to download and send back work units.

littleowl
04-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Change your settings here, by simply typing 100 instead of the 60, and press save.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/863/hdrbd0.gif

You should see your second counter on cpu time count more.

Thanks Frisch I guess I had the wrong area! :D

billdavis
04-14-2007, 09:03 AM
are there compatability issues with vista 64

i keep getting unable to process task data backing off

sierra_bound
04-14-2007, 09:09 AM
Some people have had problems running BOINC with Vista. There is a beta version of BOINC that supposedly has better compatibility with Vista. I don't use Vista, so I haven't tried it.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php?platform=win&version=5.9.3&type=win_new

njkid32
04-14-2007, 09:15 AM
I run boinc on my laptop on Vista without any problems so you should be ok..

billdavis
04-14-2007, 09:42 AM
yeah the bionic is good i had to uninstall the other manager

mad mikee
04-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Getting the same thing as StyM

2 Machine(s): Dual-core AMD
O.S. Suse 10.2 64-bit (Windows is not an option :nono: )
BOINC client 5.8.16 (standard load from WCG)
crt file is in BOINC dir
Date-time is set correctly
SSL is installed
GTK 32 bit libs installed
Previous install of 5.3.xxx worked fine (it's the danm SSL crap :bsod: )

Have re-installed several times - NO CHANGE :upset: :bsod: :mad: :help:

Thanks MikeE

2007-03-29 10:09:23 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Sending scheduler request: Project initialization
2007-03-29 10:09:23 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Requesting 1 seconds of new work
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [---] Project communication failed: attempting access to reference site
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Scheduler request failed: problem with the SSL CA cert (path? access rights?)
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Deferring communication for 1 min 0 sec
2007-03-29 10:09:26 [http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/] Reason: scheduler request failed
2007-03-29 10:09:32 [---] Access to reference site succeeded - project servers may be temporarily down.

StyM
04-26-2007, 06:05 AM
mad mikee

try this fix posted by shifter, solves the ssl thing.

mad mikee
04-26-2007, 07:01 AM
Have ca-bundle.crt in BOINC install dir so that isn't it :brick:

mad mikee

try this fix posted by shifter, solves the ssl thing.

mad mikee
04-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Started it up from command line w/ -attach_project url boinc_acct_id (on my profile page when logged in)

Now have 2 machines up for tonight, more goodies over the weekend

Have ca-bundle.crt in BOINC install dir so that isn't it :brick:

pH(x)
05-12-2007, 05:23 AM
I am trying to install the BOINC GUI (already have client installed) on Dapper 6.06 Ubuntu -- I set permissions for Executable but I keep getting this error when double-clicking: Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: lib wxgtk2.6-0

I a noobie to Dapper. Someone help me install this file boinc-manager_5.9.01-1_i386.deb

pH(x)
05-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Nevermind that!

I've installed some new scripts into the shell last night (one them being BOINC Manager), my 3.33GHz E6600 has been crunching steadily on Dapper Ubuntu 6.06 for about 8 hours. ;)

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMemberInfo.do?userName=Nonphixion

Deadeye550
05-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Howdy guys, I just signed up for WCG, and still trying to figure out what client to run. It looks like I should be running BIONIC and not the default WCG client, I'll get that switched over today once I get home from work.

I currently dont have a GREAT crunching rig (limited to a 3 GHz P4) but I should be upgrading to either a Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo once the price drops in July.

Chears

Wesley

Movieman
05-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Howdy guys, I just signed up for WCG, and still trying to figure out what client to run. It looks like I should be running BIONIC and not the default WCG client, I'll get that switched over today once I get home from work.

I currently dont have a GREAT crunching rig (limited to a 3 GHz P4) but I should be upgrading to either a Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo once the price drops in July.

Chears

Wesley

Welcome to the insanity!:D
Yes, use BOINC, good sticky with instructions in the WCG section.
As to the P4, it all helps my friend.
A P4-3000 should do app 2000-2200 a day.
Questions, feel free to ask and someone will try to help.
Many thanks for helping out!:up:

Deadeye550
05-23-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks movieman. I just installed BOINC client, and its unable to connect to the WCG network. I am getting an error stating "Communication Deferred xx:xx:xx" x's are a countdown for 1 hr. Any ideas? I tried to do a search for the sticky on BOINC but I could find any related to get this thing working.

Wesley

*EDIT*
Inside the BOINC client, I am getting an error message that reads: "Message from server: Invalid or missing account key. Visit this Porject's web site to get an account key."

I've found the account key inside the Account Profile section.

System Specs:

Windows Vista Business
4 gigs DD2 @ 800 MHz
EVGA 680i Mobo
P4 Prescott running @ 3GHz

I have installed BOINC on a 2nd HDD since thats what allowed the UD client to work properly inside Vista (found on WCG forums)
If there is anything else, please let me know.

Nightcreeper
05-24-2007, 05:29 AM
I have just installed BOINC on my rig and set it to work, under MP I got 16 max, so it should use all 4 cores/ 8 threads on my machine. Time is set to 75%. (I use the machine.) Do I have to eliminate the Pic in my Sig to use the stat counter? It shouldn't be over the max size (The counter doesn't look over 100pix tall, and my sig is 100pix tall, and we are allowed 250 pix in height no? Thanks guys.

**EDIT**: BTW; Do I have to register with Free-Dc.org to get my stats displayed? Or is that an automatic type thing?
And how do I go about "optimizing" the BOINC program? A set of files to DL or what? Will post Benchmark when I get a chance.

[XC] mysticmerlin
05-24-2007, 06:10 AM
First off :welcome: to the asylum
No optimized clients in WCG at all. We run stock only!
On the stats yes you have to join the free-dc forum and such then go to the sigtool IIRC. A howto is on here some were I will go get the addy and edit this post.

Here (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107741) is the guide MM wrote on Free-Dc sig setup.

Jaco
05-24-2007, 06:11 AM
I have just installed BOINC on my rig and set it to work, under MP I got 16 max, so it should use all 4 cores/ 8 threads on my machine. Time is set to 75%. (I use the machine.) Do I have to eliminate the Pic in my Sig to use the stat counter? It shouldn't be over the max size (The counter doesn't look over 100pix tall, and my sig is 100pix tall, and we are allowed 250 pix in height no? Thanks guys.

**EDIT**: BTW; Do I have to register with Free-Dc.org to get my stats displayed? Or is that an automatic type thing?
And how do I go about "optimizing" the BOINC program? A set of files to DL or what? Will post Benchmark when I get a chance.

Hi and welcome to the team :up:

You don't have to use the stats counter. You're free to use any sig you like.
You have to register with FRee-DC.org to get your stats (not automatic)

Don't use the optimized BOINC pgm , it's considered "cheating" and not allowed in our team. (The optimized BOINC pgm uses SSE3 instructions , this has a big influence on the benchmark. Benchmark scores will be very high with the optimized client and you will be penalized for using it : you'll only get half the credit you deserve)

[XC] mysticmerlin
05-24-2007, 06:22 AM
Jaco;2209105']Hi and welcome to the team :up:

You don't have to use the stats counter. You're free to use any sig you like.
You have to register with FRee-DC.org to get your stats (not automatic)

Don't use the optimized BOINC pgm , it's considered "cheating" and not allowed in our team. (The optimized BOINC pgm uses SSE3 instructions , this has a big influence on the benchmark. Benchmark scores will be very high with the optimized client and you will be penalized for using it : you'll only get half the credit you deserve)

To slow Jaco :D

Nightcreeper
05-24-2007, 07:36 AM
I have read the article about it. But my name is not on the list.
I am running WCG on BOINC, so what do I put where? Do I put my BOINC ID number under WCG (BOINC) on the stat-tool page? Or do I put my WCG login-followed by XtremeSystems? This is giving me a headache. Thanks Guys.

[XC] mysticmerlin
05-24-2007, 08:58 AM
I have read the article about it. But my name is not on the list.
I am running WCG on BOINC, so what do I put where? Do I put my BOINC ID number under WCG (BOINC) on the stat-tool page? Or do I put my WCG login-followed by XtremeSystems? This is giving me a headache. Thanks Guys.

For worldcommunitygrid it should be like: NightcreeperXtremeSystems
For Boinc WCG it is a number go to www.worldcommunitygrid.org and click on my profile. Scroll down to were it says BOINC Number. That is the number you need to put in to the free-dc for boinc wcg.

sierra_bound
06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Welcome to the team.:)

Are you using the UD client or BOINC? BOINC will give you 100% utilization. On the Projects tab of the BOINC Manager, hit Update. See if that helps.

sierra_bound
06-15-2007, 08:06 PM
You registered at WCG, right? On the WCG home page is a My Grid tab. When you click it, it will ask for your user name and password (assuming you already registered). The My Grid page has all your personal stats, as well as a device manager that allows you to control things like the individual projects (AIDS, etc.) you wish to take part in. By default you take part in all of them. But you can change that if you want.

After you install BOINC and enable it, a pop-up window should appear asking which project you want to attach to. You type in "www.worldcommunitygrid.org". It will then ask for your user name and password. After you enter that information, the client should attach to the project and begin downloading work units.

BOINC has two main components - the client and the manager. The manager is the GUI that allows you to control certain functions. The client is the software that actually communicates with the WCG servers.

sierra_bound
06-15-2007, 08:11 PM
You can uninstall the UD client using Add/Remove. It won't affect BOINC.

sierra_bound
06-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Glad you got it working. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. There are plenty of team members who can help you out.

[XC] mysticmerlin
06-15-2007, 09:04 PM
:welcome: aboard Mcoffey. S_B is the best. Glad you are with us in the fight.

Movieman
06-16-2007, 02:59 AM
And thanks for joining in.:clap:
This is something that is really worth doing and now we have the computational power to make a difference!
P4's were ok..AMD optys and X2's were better..
With the C2D's I think we're finally at that level to get the answers in a reasonable timeframe.

Movieman
06-16-2007, 03:07 AM
oh no,,,don't do that...don't give me a real reason to build a C2D box:D I don't think my family can take it:D

and thanks for the welcome Movieman, I've always admired your posts over on the L Cooling side.

andyc

LOL, by C2D's I mean the conroe archetecture..Not clovers..:D
The best bang for the buck here in WCG is a Q6600 clocked from 3200-3500..
2 of those at 3350 will beat my clover at 3157 and at a lot less $$$ spent..
A lot less!

RX7boricua
06-25-2007, 06:54 AM
I just joined up last night, told the wife about it, and she wanted to set up her Dell laptop to do some crunching as well. Of course I made her join the XS team! :P I hope I set everything up correctly! Can anyone tell me the difference between Boinc WCG and World Community Grid? Thanks!

mcflurry4321
06-25-2007, 07:04 AM
I just joined up last night, told the wife about it, and she wanted to set up her Dell laptop to do some crunching as well. Of course I made her join the XS team! :P I hope I set everything up correctly! Can anyone tell me the difference between Boinc WCG and World Community Grid? Thanks!

Welcome to the team!! Great to have you :)

They are really one and the same. They only differ in points. In Boinc manager the point value you see isn't the same as if you were to go to My Grid on WCG's website. The WCG website takes your Boinc WCG points and multiplies them by 7 to get that point total. Hope that was clear.

meshmesh
06-25-2007, 07:14 AM

Welcome to the team.

If you are inquiring about the difference between using the wcg United Devices client vs using Boinc client, then:

the UD client is an old software that was developed many years ago. It is not in active development any more and will not be supporting future operating systems (Vista). It will be phased out in time and replaced with the better Boinc client.

The Boinc client is in constant development and provides more control over the machine you are using. Although it looks a bit more involved to use, it is pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it.

Recommend that you do not use the UD client. If you have just installed it, suggest you uninstall it and install Boinc instead. During the installation process, use the defaults except select "Service Install" in the setup dialog box. Straight forward.

And as always we are all here so just yell.

RX7boricua
06-25-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm using Boinc 5.10.7 right now, and I had no desire to use the UD client, as it seems that everyone uses Boinc. What I meant was in my stats, I guess the "World Community Grid" one would be if I were using UD instead of Boinc?

mcflurry4321
06-25-2007, 07:49 AM
I'm using Boinc 5.10.7 right now, and I had no desire to use the UD client, as it seems that everyone uses Boinc. What I meant was in my stats, I guess the "World Community Grid" one would be if I were using UD instead of Boinc?

No, read my post up above meshmesh's again :)

World Community Grid stats are your Boinc WCG stats multiplied by 7.

RX7boricua
06-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Got it mcflurry, thanks! :)

sierra_bound
06-25-2007, 08:30 AM

mcflurry4321
06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Got it mcflurry, thanks! :)

No problem :) Took me forever to figure that out lol.

RX7boricua
06-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Question guys... Check out my daily scores so far at http://stats.free-dc.org/new/userstats.php?proj=bwcg&name=343501. Can anyone tell me if these daily credits look right for my setup? I set up my client to run at 100% when I'm idle, and it stops processing when I move the mouse and do something. I'd like to make it drop down to like 50% when I'm sitting at the computer, but I dunno how to set it up to do that. What do you guys think?

sierra_bound
06-27-2007, 11:27 PM
If you are using one of the newer versions of BOINC, in the BOINC Manager, go to Advanced, then Preferences, then Processor Usage tab. You can make changes there.

A C2D running at 3.6GHz should generate around 1,000 BOINC points a day, if it were running at 100% load the entire day. It sometimes takes a week before you can get a good idea of your daily production. It usually takes at least a couple of days before each finished work unit is validated.

meshmesh
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
You don't really need to set anything. Boinc applications are set to Low priority (=4) compared to the normal priorit (=8) for windows applications.

Windows OS will only run boinc apps using only the spare cycles that no other appication needs. So it shouldn't interfere with whatever work you are doing.

That said, if you feel you need to suspend Boinc completely while you are using the PC:
go to wcg website
log on to your "MyGrid"
from the left menu, click Device manager -> Device Profiles
click on the hyperlink of the profile assigned to this PC
This will open this profile settings page
Assuming you are using "Custom Profile"
Change the setting "Do work while computer is in use?" to "No".
Click "save" button at thebottom of the screen.

Now boinc will only run if the PC has been idle for 3 minutes.
The setting will take effect the next time boinc client contacts the wcg server (next WU upload).

Notes:
The setting change will effect all PCs attached to this particular profile.
You can assign your main rig a separate profile if more than one PC is crunching.

RX7boricua
06-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Sweet, thanks guys. The way it's running now, it jumps up to 100% both cores, and if I move the mouse or do something, it drops to 0. Once I stop moving the mouse around or typing, it goes back to 100% immediately. I have it set up in Boinc to work when I'm idle, 0.00 minutes after I go idle. Before I set it up that way, it would cycle between like 40 and 90% back and forth no matter if I was idle or not. I want it to be 100% constant while I'm idle, but I don't want it to suspend completely when I work. I'd like it to drop to 40-50% while I'm on the machine if possible, but I don't see where I can set that up anywhere.

I'll give it a week or so to see what my daily numbers look like. I just don't want my machine sitting there working at 100% while I'm sleeping or at work if it's not crunching as much as it should be cuz of a silly configuration issue.

moab
08-03-2007, 03:22 PM
I just tried signing up, and I got the following error twice:

Error

* The system could not find your member profile

Your action has resulted in an error.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

ShootStraight
08-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Did you register with WCG on the website? Sounds like that might be your problem. Report back if you still have problems. Welcome to the team!

-SS

moab
08-03-2007, 03:41 PM
looks like the third time was a charm. Got myself registered, and I think I have it set up right. Although the program only asked for my username and password, now the WCg website. Yet it seemed to set me up with a project and everything.

deepsilver
08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
i participate also from today on. :up:

it run on the 2. core of my pendium d 820 in the server. ;)

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMemberInfo.do?userName=deepsilver

Movieman
08-04-2007, 02:27 PM
i participate also from today on. :up:

it run on the 2. core of my pendium d 820 in the server. ;)

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/stat/viewMemberInfo.do?userName=deepsilver

Thanks for joining in and any questioins just ask..:clap:

SiGfever
08-04-2007, 02:42 PM

and watch out for Dave, he is a little crazy. :rofl: :ROTF:

Movieman
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM

and watch out for Dave, he is a little crazy. :rofl: :ROTF:

That's not true..How many times have I told you tp get your facts straight!

I'm a LOT crazy!:nuts:

[XC] mysticmerlin
08-04-2007, 03:22 PM
get your facts straight!

AMEN TO THAT :ROTF:
Welcome Moab & deepsilver to the greatest team on Xtreme :clap:

SiGfever
08-04-2007, 03:34 PM
That's not true..How many times have I told you tp get your facts straight!

:rofl: :rofl: :ROTF: :ROTF: :rofl: :rofl:

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane". :D

deepsilver
08-04-2007, 03:37 PM
thx for that fantastic welcome. :wave:

over night it runs on both cores in the server and also in my mainsystem. :yepp:

edit: at work. :up:

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/3953/unbenannt1hc3.th.jpg (http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=unbenannt1hc3.jpg)

[XC] serlv
08-05-2007, 12:05 AM
I'd like to add my welcome, also, deepsilver.
Glad to have you with us!

Cheers,
Scott

leoftw
08-10-2007, 01:19 AM
I registered today but haven't installed anything . Why ? Becuase my PC is not up but when it is this is what I will be running 24/7 , I'm picking up my card (GPU) tomorrow from a xs member and getting Cable service some time in two weeks .

Setup

Dual Opteron 2220 2.8GHZ
Hp SAS Motherboard
Delta 1000W Powersupply
8 GB DDR2 667 ECC Registered
(3) 300GB SAS 10K RPM HD's

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/supersportinjected/mypc.jpg?t=1183965465

I'm kind of embarrassed but its going to have a 7600gt for a while

Ashraf
08-10-2007, 01:20 AM
iLeo, welcome to the team! The setup looks good so far. :toast:

[XC] serlv
08-10-2007, 01:49 AM
Welcome to the team, iLeo! Get that bad boy up and crunching!

I'm kind of embarrassed but its going to have a 7600gt for a while

Heh, no need to be embarassed...

(2X) x5350, with GeForce 6200 :D

Scott

leoftw
08-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Wooot Wooot

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/supersportinjected/Untitled-1.jpg

Running Vista 32 and a crappy wireless connection . :)

Movieman
08-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Wooot Wooot

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/supersportinjected/Untitled-1.jpg

Running Vista 32 and a crappy wireless connection . :)

use the advanced view and turn off the graphics..Will run quicker..
And congrats and welllllllllllllllllcome!:clap:

leoftw
08-10-2007, 10:46 PM
use the advanced view and turn off the graphics..Will run quicker..
And congrats and welllllllllllllllllcome!:clap:

I shut down my pc and tried to reconnect and it won't let me. I keep getting errors . What could be the problem .

leoftw
08-10-2007, 10:46 PM
the error is "unable to connect to the core client "

rcofell
08-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Is boinc.exe running in the background?

leoftw
08-10-2007, 11:16 PM
boincmanger.exe is running but not boinc.exe

rcofell
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
That would be the problem then, boinc.exe is the main back end and needs to be running to do anything, while boincmanager.exe is only a front end for easy management.

What type of install did you do? If you did a service install it should be running boinc.exe in the background as a service whenever the machine is on, if so check services.msc for what's going on... If you did one of the other installation types I'd assume boinc.exe should be in msconfig or else the startup folder, though I don't know if things differ in vista... I seem to remember boinc manager starting up boinc.exe in the past, but I don't know anymore since I use the service install along with boincview to manage instead...

Movieman
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
boincmanger.exe is running but not boinc.exe

Toss up a screenshot of Boinc mamager with it on the tasks tab.

leoftw
08-10-2007, 11:45 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e389/supersportinjected/Untitled-2.jpg

???? I reinstalled it and it worked but after I shut it down it stops working .

leoftw
08-10-2007, 11:48 PM
you guys are correct when I reinstall it boinc.exe shows up.

rcofell
08-11-2007, 12:23 AM
So you reinstalled it and it's still not working when you restart? What installation type(single user, multi user, or service) and version? I would suggest service if you don't mind boinc always starting up with the system.

leoftw
08-11-2007, 01:18 AM
wooooo hooooo I installed 5.10.13 instead and its working perfect as a service.

Thank you Movieman and rcofell for offering your help . Movieman even offered to call me. Thank you . FYI I have SAS Harddrives so they are very loud and running like crazy . My GF told me to "turn that s**t off" I'm going to stick it into the garage :) thanks again.

Movieman
08-11-2007, 01:29 AM

Thank you Movieman and rcofell for offering your help . Movieman even offered to call me. Thank you . FYI I have SAS Harddrives so they are very loud and running like crazy . My GF told me to "turn that s**t off" I'm going to stick it into the garage :) thanks again.

Must have been another Movieman..
Why I would not even know how to use a phone..:wasntme:

Glad to hear you got it working and a suggestion for you:

Move the GF out to the garage!:ROTF:

rcofell
08-11-2007, 01:41 AM
No problem, good to hear things worked out.

Luckly you managed to escape the phone call from Dave, you should be glad you still have the use of your ears, even if all you can hear is those SAS drives :D . I just think he's getting lonely in his old age, nobody goes to visit him :rofl: ;)

Now where's that whistling coming from...

[XC] mysticmerlin
08-11-2007, 02:01 AM
Movieman even offered to call me.

Just dodged the bullet on that one then didn't you. No one talks on the phone with Dave aka Movieman and live to tell about it :ROTF:

leoftw
08-11-2007, 02:14 AM
LOL You guys are hilarious.

I have three more computers

One with two PIII / 2GB's / 4 10K SCSI 36GB Drives /

One Brisbane x2 3600 / 1GB / Tforce 550 / ATI Cheapo GPU

A Dell 4400 Dimension

Once I get my cable hooked up all of them are going to be working. How much should my electric bill jump ?

rcofell
08-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Depending on what your rates are, I'd say the Brisbane should be ~$4-6, since my 4000+ Brisbane(x1900xt, so that might be taking a bit of power too) is clocked at 2.7GHz and is only taking 122 Watts atm.

As for the other systems I'd say they probably run about the same, the dual PIII's might take more since its got the scsi drives, but if they're tualatins(my favorite cpu I'd have to say) that would be better.

max0
08-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Just joined the forum and the extreme systems WCG team. This is my first post so hello everyone :) My rig is only a 3.0 Celeron but its up 24/7 running linux so will leave it crunching. I'm planning on upgrading after lots of research and penny saving.

Cheers

Andy

SiGfever
08-11-2007, 05:35 AM

:shocked: :eek: :eek: :shocked: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Now where is that volume switch on my Bell Tones? :shrug: :D

[XC] serlv
08-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Welcome to the tam, Andy! :)
Glad you're with us.

kodiak kid
01-29-2008, 09:38 PM
I just joined WCG-BOINC... Any idea where I can get a stats-type sig? I looked on free-dc and can't find it :( maybe I am just too tired to see it.

anyway, I might be running this on 4 systems soon. currently have 3, just need to set the other two up :D

Movieman
01-29-2008, 09:45 PM
I just joined WCG-BOINC... Any idea where I can get a stats-type sig? I looked on free-dc and can't find it :( maybe I am just too tired to see it.

anyway, I might be running this on 4 systems soon. currently have 3, just need to set the other two up :D

One of the brain surgeons will helpwith the sig by tomorrow.
For now I'll just say thanks for helping!:up:

don_xvi
01-30-2008, 05:03 AM

Thanks for helping, but I'd wager it's a good thing the computers are doing the math, I see FIVE systems you could have up & running for the cause !

Check out this thread, the first few links will show you how to make a sig.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147919

kodiak kid
01-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for helping, but I'd wager it's a good thing the computers are doing the math, I see FIVE systems you could have up & running for the cause !

Check out this thread, the first few links will show you how to make a sig.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147919

Sig check ;)

WOW...I was tired when I typed that last night. I meant I have 1 (ONE) more. so the 4 was correct...but the 2 was WrOnG :( Thanks for the help :up:

[XC] Hicks121
01-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks for coming to a great team!!:up: :up: :welcome:

Just remember, you wont see points for a few days. Just be patient & they will come.

Hicks

[XC] junglemaster
01-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Sig check ;)

WOW...I was tired when I typed that last night. I meant I have 1 (ONE) more. so the 4 was correct...but the 2 was WrOnG :( Thanks for the help :up:

Just check that you are using the right sig ID's for both projects. If you follow the FAQ on the Stats page it should explain it...but if you still have problems, yell really loud and one of us will track them down for you :yepp:

kodiak kid
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Just check that you are using the right sig ID's for both projects. If you follow the FAQ on the Stats page it should explain it...but if you still have problems, yell really loud and one of us will track them down for you :yepp:

I followed the FAQ page to set it up. But if I have read WCG's site correctly...it takes at minimum 24hrs since first completed batch. Which completed 8 hrs ago. Currently am only running my P4-D 3.4. I'll have it up on my PentiumM @ 1.7 and my C2D @ 2.2 here soon. Then my future build within' the month :D

[XC] junglemaster
01-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I followed the FAQ page to set it up. But if I have read WCG's site correctly...it takes at minimum 24hrs since first completed batch. Which completed 8 hrs ago. Currently am only running my P4-D 3.4. I'll have it up on my PentiumM @ 1.7 and my C2D @ 2.2 here soon. Then my future build within' the month :D

Great work :up:

As said by many, thanks for joining :clap:

WrigleyVillain
01-30-2008, 01:26 PM

Bobsama
01-30-2008, 02:27 PM
Might as well. I just registered as Bobsama_XtremeSystems but I can't install the client as this PC (yes the junky AMD K6 550MHz) is too old and chokes as it is and I don't have admin priv on it.

[XC] junglemaster
01-30-2008, 03:13 PM
@ Bobsama - no hurry, we will still be here waiting for you :D

Hosser
02-06-2008, 11:06 AM
I can't download the software... I get to step two and click "Continue" and the damn Javascript doesn't do anything, can't get the download window to appear...

Windows Vista x64 & latest Java RE, Opera & IE7 both fail at this step.

I even tried Firefox, though it pained me to do so - also failed.

Any suggestions? :S

EDIT:

Never mind, I followed the "download the World Community Grid software to another computer" link in the welcome email and all is well. Didn't try to detect my OS this time, so that helped.

sierra_bound
02-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Are you downloading from the WCG or the BOINC site? Here's the link to the BOINC downloads.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download_all.php

Durkadurka
03-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Just joined the team, now crunching away on both PC's in my sig!

One question tho, when I installed it on my secondary PC, it didnt ask for username/password when it started downloading projects from server.
Anyone know why? Has it something to do with both machines coming from the same (public) IP address?

Movieman
03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Just joined the team, now crunching away on both PC's in my sig!

One question tho, when I installed it on my secondary PC, it didnt ask for username/password when it started downloading projects from server.
Anyone know why? Has it something to do with both machines coming from the same (public) IP address?

Welcome and thanks for helping!:up:
It should ask for your info each time unless they've changed.
I'm using 5.10.20 so perhaps there is something new??

sierra_bound
03-07-2008, 08:31 PM

On your My Grid page at the World Community Grid site, does it show one or two device installations? If you are using a router, there is usually a slight difference in the local area connection IP address for each computer. The last digit is usually different on each machine.

WCG uses your computer's Windows name to distinguish each installation. So if you named one computer "Fred" and another "Sam", those are the names WCG will also use.

tiro_uspsss
08-07-2011, 06:25 AM
How to I make WCG use my HDD, not my SSD? :(

Snow Crash
08-08-2011, 05:15 AM
during the install you can select where.