PDA

View Full Version : Cooling 9?00 at max

Italianclocker
04-07-2003, 06:08 AM
I'm Italian not an Alien so do not think i'm different .
I' d like to explain what i did to my 9700 Pro ( Black PBC with Inf 2.8 ns)

For the GPU i removed the frame around the GPU and removed the Glue too from the frame and the pbc . After that i put the frame with the ATTAC K strong glue.

For cooling the GPU i used a Spark 7 ( It was so hard to fix it IN i got a little bit of WORK). For the other side ov GPU i used the Zalman 80A HP Passive cooling but not the all stuff i put only the piece where the hit-pipe has to be set on. I used the heatpipe in this way.

I made a hole in the center of SPARK 7 , From the side, to let the heat pipe go inside in the center of the Spark so that the hit pipe is allineated with the GPU.

On the other Side i had put a Crystal ORB on the heat pipe.

I used a 80 x 80 x 38 of 84 cfm for cooling better the spark.

For MEM I've found Heat sink all-copper but those where for Nvidia and 9000 memory chip so ive put 2 for each memory chip.

for the, AREA under the Silver Plate i used heat sink too but a 40 x 40 of 10 cfm.

I used also the original Dissy system that i put where was nothing to be cooled but whtever.

I didn't change my 9700 Pro in to a 9800 Pro but i'll do, because a guy here gain 1000 points changing the BIOS. so sooner or later i'll do this.

So with This cooling system and with the Xbitlabs -mod i was able to gain 450/380 ( I could more if i want but it works good so i leave it) and i did 21045 With 3d mark 2001, at least pumping my card i was able to gain 21206 BUT I know i could grew.

I did the same MOD of XBITLABS.
2.7k ohms resist 1.75 volt CORE
10k ohms resist 3.19 volt VDDQ
2.7k ohms resist 3.32 volt VDD

I would like, PLEASE, a detailed description of your MOD where u take the mod secially the Vref, wich values did you used .I would like to know better and pictures and explanation would be appreciated Thanks I hope you'll like my sistem and HELP ME.

I had Posted this because i think that your MOD is better than mine so i'd like to gain the best from my 9700 Pro

Pictures really needed because i don't understnd when you refers to the card.

Sorry for my english i hope u'accep my apologies

Royal Oaks
04-07-2003, 07:38 AM
Sorry man, but I think from what you just explained, no one has gone that far modding their 9700 with just air cooling. That sounds pretty awesome. 450 is very nice on air, and I don't think anyone will criticize you here for having bad english. There are lots of people who post here from other countries, so you I seriously doubt people will rag on you for being Italian. The only thing I have done is mod the cooling on my brothers 9700. I screwed a 40mm Delta onto the stock heatsink first. Since then he has switched to the Zalman heatpipe as well, and I plan on adding some fans to that thing (maybe with glue, or by just screwing them in). I will try to get him to take some pics of his heatsink with some extra fans on there. :) I personally think you should ask in the Xtreme OC'ing section about the Voltage stuff. :)

Perc
05-01-2003, 10:58 PM
dude im would verry much like to see some pics of that!! i have a 0700pro and its driving me nuts ive taken the stock cooler off and removed the shim and added this POS cooler i got off line and now when i try and put the stock hsf back on its to loose fitting and i just dont want to go backwards i was even considering the zalman heat pipe for it but i hear that isnt going to do much for my ocing so im looking for some good ideas to cool this thing... also you mentioned the 9800 bios?? could you direct me to some links id like to read about that...

thx man... perc.