PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Strike 1.5

DaGooch
06-16-2002, 04:40 AM
I know that the Half-Life engine is getting long in the tooth but I like to play Counter-Strike once in a while whenever I can find the time to do so.

What are your opinions on the new 1.5 release?

scrllock
06-20-2002, 01:37 PM
the things it changed didnt seem to affect the game for me. Still too many cheaters though.

SxualCappuccino
06-21-2002, 03:09 PM
dang right too many cheaters..I wish they could just devise some way for the people that actually bust their ass to get good, and not cheat..a way to prove to people that they aren't cheating..i hate when i get accused..but, btw..1.5 didn't affect how crappy i am at it anymore than it did from 1.3 - 1.4..i still suck..lol

DaGooch
06-21-2002, 03:25 PM
Yes, the cheating is bad at some servers these days. Best way to check for aimbot is when you are dead is to go first person and see if the player is looking at a wall at all times and he seems to be tracking something behind the wall.

Kurupt and I have been playing CS since beta 2 and it has changed drastically since those good old days.

We get accussed of cheating because we have played the maps so much and know where people camp after so many League matches and open server play.

SxualCappuccino
06-21-2002, 08:09 PM
well hey man..i'm usually playing on de_rats..ever played there? are you in a clan? If so, do you guys have tryouts..i wanna be in one that actually is a clan..ya know? i'm finally starting to get good enough..thanks man.

SxualCappuccino
06-21-2002, 08:12 PM
hey man..is it just my network..or is it CS servers that are messed up, cuz, at times..the netspeeds only show up as one red dot on EVERY server..i've posted something on networks forum, and still getting replies on that..but, i was wondering if you're having any problems with the CS servers at times as well..thanks man..

sysfailur
06-23-2002, 12:30 AM
They're really beating up the cheaters. I think they actually get their WONID banned if they're caught cheating now. I've noticed a HUGE cutback of cheaters. I love it! I'm a big CS player myself and really that's all I play atm, cus my gaming "rig" is my laptop :P

scrllock
06-24-2002, 09:05 AM
:rolleyes: Your laptop is your gaming rig? And you've got that system in your sig? anyways, ive found that in cs, if you stick to one server, for about a month, so people get to know you, even if a bunch of people accuse you of cheating, the admins know you well enough to ask for your point of view before they decide to ban you. I hate it when i get accused of wallhacking because "I always know where people are", which i do from playing so much. Probably too much...:banana:

CSHawkeye81
06-24-2002, 03:16 PM
i love cs man, its great and i been playing since beta 5.

sy5tem
06-28-2002, 08:33 PM
nope the yare not baning cheater yet
i can't wait till they do so i can actualy play ...

guys who loved old cs try cs-classic

and don't you just hate it when you see a wallhack used saying he is not using one..

and then you see him cominting an error.. like kiling some1 behind a wall on a fast turn :P oups lol

i play cs from cs 1.0 so i kinda good
my first multiplayer FPS was doom II on Dwango

don't it piss you off when a cheater say "i don't cheat your just a noobs"
AAAAAAAAH i hate it

CSHawkeye81
06-28-2002, 08:58 PM
most ppl who cheat or crappy with them anyhow.

2xD
07-01-2002, 02:32 AM
CS is the game :)
Been playing it since beta3 and it indeed sucks when you they start calling you a cheater.
But usually when someone sais to me that I cheat, I thank him for the compliment :)

sysfailur
07-02-2002, 02:33 PM
I use my laptop for gaming because my other computer is constantly under modification and never get to play games on it heh.

scrllock
07-08-2002, 09:20 AM
yup, those are the joys of being an overclocker... :toast:

ezeKieL
07-20-2002, 01:29 PM
cheaters suk....1.5 suks....i miss 1.3

:finger: valve!

DaGooch
07-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by ezeKieL
cheaters suk....1.5 suks....i miss 1.3

:finger: valve!

Yes, cheaters do suck and each new release seems to become worse and worse. :( Personally, I like beta 5.2 the best to date. :D

ezeKieL
07-20-2002, 02:01 PM
i learned on 1.3 and thats my fav....i got good fast though...had a leet teacher! :p hes at cpl right now too! go TEC!!! :banana:

dmitriyaz
07-20-2002, 02:33 PM
had a leet teacher!
you misspeled that.
you meant L337, right??? :mad:
:D g33k langu4ge = t3h k3wl.

DaGooch
07-20-2002, 02:36 PM
i learned on 1.3 and thats my fav....i got good fast though...had a leet teacher! :p hes at cpl right now too! go TEC!!! :banana:

Did you get trained by Gouki?

ezeKieL
07-20-2002, 02:50 PM
nah i met him though and lanned with him...waKe is my cuz and thats who taught me...we live right by eac other and always lan it up! :D

DaGooch
07-20-2002, 02:53 PM
Cool! Kurupt and I have know Gouki a pretty long time. We've had some League matches with TEC in the old days and they are terrific guys. I wish them the best of luck to them at CPL.

sysfailur
07-28-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by DaGoochMeister

Yes, cheaters do suck and each new release seems to become worse and worse. :( Personally, I like beta 5.2 the best to date. :D

YES!!!! 5.2 OWNS EVERYTHING!

Torinalth
08-02-2002, 10:11 AM
I need to dig out my CS CD and get the 1.5 patch, I havnt played since 1.3..... I used to be an AWP God. people hated me, but I was raised playing quake TF as a sniper and demoman, so be feared when I have HEs and a rifle with a scope..... man, I'v got the itch to play again, but my rig was just sold so I need a new CPU for my older mobo.

good ole assault was my playground, with either the AUG or AWP....

Torinalth

arkenzo
08-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Great game, No complaints.

Magnum_
09-08-2002, 07:45 AM
the number of cheaters dropped BIGTIME, remember the end of the 7.x beta's? or 1.0 ? those versions were desastrous :s
I'm getting pretty tired of the game, I'm looking for something new actually, but can't really find the courage to learn something new, so atm I'll stick to CS :) I tried some Q3, but cant seem to get the same level :s

ya can find me @ 195.130.132.154:27x15 , with x being 0, 1 or 2
nickname : boe :)

SOCOM
09-17-2002, 01:39 PM
LOL... I know a few local CAL I players...

TEC Siezmic (never met him in person yet, but I've heard rumors he is the best in Vegas)

TuF "Array" (known him for a while know.. We used to goto school together)

TuF "Loaded" (kinda a friend of a friend, but none the less hes kewl ppl)

Both the TuF guys go under different names on the rosters, and I currently dont remember them... I'm shure they did this on purpose.

I've also been talking to Dengar from Rival and one of my friends (the leader of a team I play for) is on a first name basis with most of the CoH guys.. Our team (KOLD) hopes to be in CAL main soon and maybe cal i if everything goes well .. :)

-SOCOM

ukdave
09-25-2002, 11:20 AM
www.claneev.net is my clans website. server is in UK, and may not let non UK peeps on. server address is on the site. we consider our server to be 99% cheat proof.