PDA

View Full Version : Shadowbane

Svenn
04-04-2003, 07:54 AM
http://www.shadowbane.com/

Finally found my next MMORPG... after the decline of Asheron's Call, I've found Shadowbane. This game is awesome. Full out PvP... The greatest thing is the guild wars. Because the towns are player built and run (with the help of hireling NPCs), you can siege and destroy other players downs and disband their guild. Tired of repeatedly killing an enemy guild and watching them come right back at you? This is the game to get. I'm starting a guild on the Chaos server called Guardians of Chaos. If anyone decides to play, look me up.

Smizack
04-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Is this a totally new game or is it based off of another one?

Kurupt
04-08-2003, 10:55 PM
I belive Shadowbane is a mix between DACO and EQ. I have a low level toon in it right now, trying to get the feel for it. So fair its ok.

Svenn
04-09-2003, 09:16 AM
It's a totally new game. I'm level 35 right now and have a guild. Which server are you on Kurupt? Create a guy on Chaos and contact Svenn in game... I'll help you out.

I'd say it's a mix between DAoC and Asheron's Call actually. It has a lot of class/level elements to it, but it's very skill based within those classes, which is a very good thing. The best part though is the city building. Create your own cities, live there with your guild, destroy other cities. It actually has a siege system with catapolts and all.

Leveling is very easy, intentionally. It was made this way to get everyone ready for the guild wars quicker. There is a "soft cap" at level 60, which just means it's possible to level further, but since each mob gives you 1 exp at level 60, and you need probably over a mill, that's a lot of killing....

Remember, Svenn on server Chaos! Look me up! I'll help anyone out who plays.

Svenn
04-10-2003, 09:16 AM
OMG! OMG OMG OMG!

I started my guild the other day, and yesterday I joined under a nation. Well I was hunting with some guys from the nation and there was a group near us. One of our thieves snuck in, stole a bunch of their gold and items, and then came back. They started accusing our other thief who was fighting with us of stealing their stuff. We sent the thief who stole the stuff away so they wouldn't find him. So the other group gets mad and starts attacking the thief who was fighting with us. We tore those guys up, and they were higher levels, in their 40s while we were 30s. This sparked a guild war. They started camping our Tree of Life, so we gathered up outside our town, and charged in and OWNED all of them. I took out 2 myself. Man, that was one of the coolest PvP experiences EVER! I walked away about 30k richer too, eheh.

antipop
04-12-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Svenn
Remember, Svenn on server Chaos! Look me up! I'll help anyone out who plays. I wish i could, i've always loved to be part of a massive multiplayer game but i've a stupid firewall at school that doesn't allow me to play outside the LAN and access to p2p software :(

Svenn
04-12-2003, 11:21 AM
You at college, antipop? You can't contact the system administrator to get rights to certain ports? Why shouldn't you be able to play MMORPGs in your dorm? That's stupid.

antipop
04-12-2003, 11:24 AM
Yeah i'm at college but i can't ask my administrator to open certain port, there was a big discussion when they decide to close some port to prevent p2p access. The ISP is related to the education departement and the internet access is made for educationnal purpose. So no gaming!

Svenn
04-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Why should they care what you do in your dorm room as long as it isn't illegal? What's wrong with playing games in your free time? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. What college is this? I'll remember to not transfer there.

antipop
04-12-2003, 12:14 PM
It's in France (you know the country where Internet is so advanced), it's not the school, it's the isp. The use of it must stay strictly educationnal (of course) and i know it's stupid

shray
04-12-2003, 01:27 PM
hack it :D

antipop
04-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by shray
hack it :D I'd love too but i don't know how, i tried to pass through an http adress or through a proxy but that never worked

Svenn
04-13-2003, 06:54 PM
France, eh? Well that sucks...

Jayjr
04-21-2003, 06:35 AM
svenn- what server were you on in ac?

antipop
04-21-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Svenn
France, eh? Well that sucks... Sometimes i'm glad living in france but in that case not a lot

Svenn
04-21-2003, 11:27 AM
Server? You mean there was more than one server? :slobber:

Darktide in case you couldn't figure that out....

Svenn
04-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Well, I got my guild going good, we got our own city now. We have 34 members at the moment, and still growing. I guess no one has played yet? I'm on all the time on Chaos server as Svenn. This game so rocks.

Svenn
05-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Mmmm, guild wars. Things are heating up. We've been defending some friends of ours from another city and plan to launch an attack with 5-6 guilds (some with 500+ members) on this city and take it over. This game is so awesome. I've been playing non-stop! Always looking to recruit more for the guild!